Objectively, Is Conor McGregor the greatest MMA fighter of all time?

>Doubling down on stupidity

K bud, thanks.

Waaah... i'm not your anything, least of all your bud.. i'm just noticing you shitting on real fighters, repping att and acting like you're above other posters..

Used to be a huge fan, he changed mma forever in many ways, he raised the pay ceiling for everyone. he made history and will go down as a pioneer in this era, however recently he has shown himself to be as a person, a true scumbag piece of shit. and I hope he gets absolutely destroyed in all his future fights, his whiskey is literally cat piss as well.

Short answer... no. Long answer... not even fucking close.

He made money, that's it. If that's your sole criteria for being considered the GOAT, you should take up watching a new sport because you clearly don't understand MMA at all.

I suggest maybe scrabble, where your Merriam-Webster wannabe self can get exposed there too.

To preface this, I’m not trying to be deliberately controversial nor am I nothing but indifferent as it relates to Conor Mcregor. I also recognise that trying to discern ‘the greatest’ is very elementary and somewhat inherently nihilistic in practice, as we are devaluing existence as it pertains to the future. Primarily, I’m not as much claiming greatness; but rather understanding briefly the methodology behind how we reach a consensus for defining it within MMA and sports in general. Short answer, we don’t - not consciously anyway.
To comprehensively analyse the fundamentals of this line of questioning, we must first understand the established methods in how we as a community approach the phrase ‘Greatest of All Time’. Traditionally, our methods are coated with subjectivity as we compartmentalise and evaluate explicit metrics, or a checklist of requirements that are nothing more than symbolistic and can’t truly be concrete nor tangible. Not universally anyway.
In this sense, ‘greatness’ is an objectively overwhelming, subconscious commandeering feeling throughout an entity and its anthropology. Objectively, this is Conor McGregor to MMA.

Objectively, Conor is a terrific martial artist who could have been the greatest Featherweight of all time ... but who was just an above-average Lightweight, and nothing much at Welterweight.

At Featherweight, he was (is?) practically unbeatable.
At Lightweight, he is very good, but beatable by several.
At Welterweight, he is beatable by most.

Had Conor remained dedicated to being the best Featherweight of all time, not got so full of himself, not tried to "promote a whiskey brand," he could have been a legendary fighter for the ages.

Now? He has gone from "great fighter" to CARICATURE ... and, basically, is a laughingstock to most.

If Conor makes a "comeback" and loses (and quits) again, he will be relegated to nothing but a footnote in UFC history over time ...

To preface this, I’m not trying to be deliberately controversial nor am I nothing but indifferent as it relates to Conor Mcregor. I also recognise that trying to discern ‘the greatest’ is very elementary and somewhat inherently nihilistic in practice, as we are devaluing existence as it pertains to the future. Primarily, I’m not as much claiming greatness; but rather understanding briefly the methodology behind how we reach a consensus for defining it within MMA and sports in general. Short answer, we don’t - not consciously anyway.

To comprehensively analyse the fundamentals of this line of questioning, we must first understand the established methods in how we as a community approach the phrase ‘Greatest of All Time’. Traditionally, our methods are coated with subjectivity as we compartmentalise and evaluate explicit metrics, or a checklist of requirements that are nothing more than symbolistic and can’t truly be concrete nor tangible. Not universally anyway.

In this sense, ‘greatness’ is an objectively overwhelming, subconscious commandeering feeling throughout an entity and its anthropology. Objectively, this is Conor McGregor to MMA.

the goat doesnt duck cowboy.

Back