Objectively, Is Conor McGregor the greatest MMA fighter of all time?

Darius0995

I'd rather be a blind moth.
@purple
Reaction score
To preface this, I’m not trying to be deliberately controversial nor am I nothing but indifferent as it relates to Conor Mcregor. I also recognise that trying to discern ‘the greatest’ is very elementary and somewhat inherently nihilistic in practice, as we are devaluing existence as it pertains to the future. Primarily, I’m not as much claiming greatness; but rather understanding briefly the methodology behind how we reach a consensus for defining it within MMA and sports in general. Short answer, we don’t - not consciously anyway.

To comprehensively analyse the fundamentals of this line of questioning, we must first understand the established methods in how we as a community approach the phrase ‘Greatest of All Time’. Traditionally, our methods are coated with subjectivity as we compartmentalise and evaluate explicit metrics, or a checklist of requirements that are nothing more than symbolistic and can’t truly be concrete nor tangible. Not universally anyway.

In this sense, ‘greatness’ is an objectively overwhelming, subconscious commandeering feeling throughout an entity and its anthropology. Objectively, this is Conor McGregor to MMA.

Last edited:
Currently, I’m honestly not sure if he’s the most overrated, or underrated.

AgitatedDaringGarpike-small.gif

Never defended a belt in his career. So no.

No, what kind of dumbass thread is this?

Yes he definitely is until the day that someone comes along that can take that left hand but I doubt we will ever see that.

You know exactly what your doing. I’ve been here a day and know people don’t rate McGregor that highly.

As a “Prize fighter”
He’s the greatest but in terms MMA he isn’t the greatest.

How is he the greatest prizefighter?

Moral victories, for when Khabib and Mayweather destroy your boy.

What is your career goal?

Make a shitload of cash, turn it into cocain and snort it from perfect butts?

Claim and defend your throne as one of the best to ever do it?

Both take more soul than most men have..

No, he's not the greatest ever and never intended to be.. good runs with game changing consequenses but he's not the greatest mma fighter ever..

he lost his last fight , it was not even a close fight.
to be the greatest you have to do great things not talk big things

To preface this, I’m not trying to be deliberately controversial nor am I nothing but indifferent as it relates to Conor Mcregor. I also recognise that trying to discern ‘the greatest’ is very elementary and somewhat inherently nihilistic in practice, as we are devaluing existence as it pertains to the future.

Primarily, I’m not as much claiming greatness; but rather understanding briefly the methodology behind how we reach a consensus for defining it within MMA and sports in general. Short answer, we don’t - not consciously anyway.

To comprehensively analyse the fundamentals of this line of questioning, we must first understand the established methods in how we as a community approach the phrase ‘Greatest of All Time’. Traditionally, our methods are coated with subjectivity as we compartmentalise and evaluate explicit metrics, or a checklist of requirements that are nothing more than symbolistic and can’t truly be concrete nor tangible. Not universally anyway.

In this sense, ‘greatness’ is an objectively overwhelming, subconscious commandeering feeling throughout an entity and its anthropology. Objectively, this is Conor McGregor to MMA.
In no way, shape or form, is Conor anywhere close to the greats of this sport.

He is but a product of hype.
And such threads is a disservice to the sport for even mentioning such athlete as if he had anything to do with greatness.

Idk.

In terms of MMA level as a fighter, obviously no.

But is he the greatest when you factor in other stuff like the impact, the importance of all his fights etc, you might have an argument and a strong one at that. However, saying the biggest MMA fighter might be better

To preface this, I’m not trying to be deliberately controversial nor am I nothing but indifferent as it relates to Conor Mcregor. I also recognise that trying to discern ‘the greatest’ is very elementary and somewhat inherently nihilistic in practice, as we are devaluing existence as it pertains to the future.

Primarily, I’m not as much claiming greatness; but rather understanding briefly the methodology behind how we reach a consensus for defining it within MMA and sports in general. Short answer, we don’t - not consciously anyway.

:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

Man it’s like some of you guys find creative ways to be more stupid...

<{chips}>

TS, to give a definitive answer to your question, yes he is.

Glad I could clear that up for everyone in this thread.

<{chips}>

“A prizefighter is someone who competes in a contest between fighters for a prize, a sum of money.”

Conor has earned the most money in, the pint of prize fighting is to essentially get paid, he’s definitely done this. In my post I also made a clear that in terms of “MMA” he isn’t the greatest for reasons I feel are fairly obvious.

Also McGregor isn’t my “boy” I don’t know him, maybe you feel close people who have no idea you exist but I don’t.

Hope I’ve cleared it up.

Many boxers have much larger career winnings than Conor, mate.

Back