Objective examination of Luke Rockhold’s losses....

Damn, reading this thread in 2020, you'd have trouble believing that during Rockhold/Bisping 1, most of Sherdog rejoiced in watching Luke beat Mike.
Sherdog is a fickle matter...

I see it another way:
- Beautiful spinning kick to his mind. Glorified.
- Lost to an one-eyed man, known by having GSP level lettuced punch, by KTFO. Pity.
- Lost by KTFO and got a kiss on his mouth. How lovely.
- His chin flew out of his head. Sad.

His best performance was against Weidman - a complete humiliation - and I think they could try again at LHW.

Bisping: Luke already beat left eye Larry with ease once. This was a fluke and Rockhold beats the Count 99 out of 100 if he takes the fight seriously.
Objective, lol. This is the most subjective bullshit I’ve ever seen. How do you know the first fight wasn’t a fluke? I mean, Bisping KOed him with one eye by exploiting a fundamental flaw in Rockhold’s game. He could exploit it again and again. It isn’t as if Rockhold could change the way he fights. That shit is embedded.

Here’s something to consider also. USADA testing only went into full effect in late 2015. Rockhold has won 2 out of 5 fights since then.

He’s lost fights, but to tough, tough competition, and in some cases, in somewhat flukeish ways that probably could have been avoided. People hate on him for being cocky, but he’s fought top guys, beat some, got beat by some. He’s still a really good fighter, question is just does he still really want it?

How can arrogance be a downfall in fighting?

Are there others who have lost a fight due to arrogance or is this category reserved for Rockhold?
I’m curious. I’d like to learn more about how arrogance can lead to failure.
Are you kidding?

Yes I know everybody hates Rockhold because he is good looking and kind of a smug jock-type.

However, the man does possess immense talent and ability. Examining his losses, I don’t think he is done.

Vitor: TRT-or was almost unbeatable at that stage and even had Jonny Jones in a tough spot.

Bisping: Luke already beat left eye Larry with ease once. This was a fluke and Rockhold beats the Count 99 out of 100 if he takes the fight seriously.

Romero: Stylistically a bad matchup as Romero is not gonna get KO’d and would be very difficult to get down. Perhaps if Rockhold would learn to use his length and range and play it safe, could see him pointing him.

Jan: Rockhold was way overconfident careless. He was doing fine till he started showboating and putting his hands down and daring Jan to hit him. Luke does not have the chin to ever put his hands down. Still tho, with some adjustments, he could win that matchup.

Don’t know where Rockhold’s heart is at these days with the modeling and whatever else but it would be a shame if he never gave it another honest effort.

Luke-rockhold-weigh-in.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...ays-not-interested-another-fight?platform=amp

Hey may be finished, especially with him saying he doesn't know if he will take another fight. His mind is already checked out in my opinion. Shame because with a few adjustments (prior to his chin seemingly eroding) he could have got a few defenses in and possibly have been in the p4p/goat discussions that everyone loves to have

That's cute!

The real problem is he fights like an idiot with his hands down at his waist and doesn't learn from his mistakes. If he fights again they should gorilla glue his right hand to his chin for the entire camp so he learns to protect dat chin.
I wish I had $5 for every time MMA media posts genius like this.

AKA\s striking training undercut him. People keep talking about how the fighter is this or that, taking potshots instead of addressing the underlying causes.

Bought off media @ work.<{nope}>

Similar to Cody. You’d think top coaches would drill that early doors
Had the same conversation about Anthony Pettis tonight. How this futha mucka gonna let himself be backed up into the cage for the past 8 years
<Dylan>

My memory of this fight is very different.

I recall Rockhold attempting to initiate wrestling and was easily out matched. He lacked the physicality to contend with Jan and tried to hold him against the cage briefly. Jan would use an over-hook and then tag him with an elbow. At the end of the first round Luke gets tagged and dropped.

In the striking it wasn't close and resulted in a fairly quick KO in the second round.

Luke is a world class MMA adapted grappler but his wrestling is average at best. He doesn't have the physical gifts or technique to take down competent wrestlers his size or bigger. He's getting knocked out repeatedly because his boxing defense isn't great and he can't get these guys to the mat where he's strongest.
More observations that the guy is LOSING. Been losing. Getting whacked.<{JustBleed}>Will be losing more.

Hazard a guess. I'd say AKA's prescription is wanting.
Professional MMA Fighters Hard Sparring
•Oct 11, 2017

Tiger Muay Thai and MMA Training Camp, Phuket, Thailand
277K subscribers

Iron sharpens iron. Check out some quality sparring from the professional MMA fighters at camp. We are lucky to have fighters and champions from all the top promotions with us everyday including UFC, Bellator, ONE and other high level organizations. www.tigermuaythai.com www.tmtfightstore.com

Iron sharpens iron? <This7>Talking to Luke, are you sure?

Yes I know everybody hates Rockhold because he is good looking and kind of a smug jock-type.

However, the man does possess immense talent and ability. Examining his losses, I don’t think he is done.

Vitor: TRT-or was almost unbeatable at that stage and even had Jonny Jones in a tough spot.

Romero: Stylistically a bad matchup as Romero is not gonna get KO’d and would be very difficult to get down. Perhaps if Rockhold would learn to use his length and range and play it safe, could see him pointing him.

Jan: Rockhold was way overconfident careless. He was doing fine till he started showboating and putting his hands down and daring Jan to hit him. Luke does not have the chin to ever put his hands down. Still tho, with some adjustments, he could win that matchup.

Don’t know where Rockhold’s heart is at these days with the modeling and whatever else but it would be a shame if he never gave it another honest effort.

Luke-rockhold-weigh-in.jpg
He lacked killer instinct in those fightz...
You either come to 'fight fight, real fight' or dun come any

That's cute!

The real problem is he fights like an idiot with his hands down at his waist and doesn't learn from his mistakes. If he fights again they should gorilla glue his right hand to his chin for the entire camp so he learns to protect dat chin.
Hoooahh.. Blachowicz was bullied by him before he landed that jawbreaker shit.

Last edited:
Hes way too hittable. Everytime he gets touched he is wobbled. Branch had him nearly KO’d too.

Hoooahh. Rockhold is that rare type of man regardless of promotion who is a havyweight and still displays strikes like hwoarang. Blachowicz was bullied by him before he landed that jawbreaker shit.
Bullied? More like luke was holding on for dear life. He was bigger and stronger at MW and used that to win. But he’s way too hittable and has no chin, gets rocked by everyone he fights. He is the definition of a glass canon.

I agree. I reckon i'm rockholds only fan at this point. He can be a total dick, but hes a damn good fighter. I reckon skill wise he is the best middleweight of all time.
Defense is a part of skill.
Rockhold cant hold a candle to Anderson silvas skills. He had decent standup and really strong in grappling. But has terrible defense. Way too hittable and no chin is a bad combo.

You hate him because he is good looking and you are probably sloth like. He was a damn good fighter, be more secure with your sexuality(whatever that is).
Lol why do people assume he is hated because he is handsome. I dont hate jouban or Sexyama. People dislike luke because he’s an arrogant fighter who looks down on his opponents as not being on his level. As if he was some dominant champion. Like bisping said, u havent defended the belt buddeh, stop acting like you’re anderson silva.
“I dont lose to guys like jan”

Luke likes to throw something and then stands in the same spot, his foot work is poor, general lack of head movement and he's very slow to reset.............. Keeping his hands up is the least of his problems.

He needs to work on his cardio and speed, keep moving and use his range, he needs major revision to his game, a good jab after kicking to stop the bum rush of an opponent and stop hanging around, admiring the kick.........

Back