Objective examination of Luke Rockhold’s losses....

I see it another way:
- Beautiful spinning kick to his mind. Glorified.
- Lost to an one-eyed man, known by having GSP level lettuced punch, by KTFO. Pity.
- Lost by KTFO and got a kiss on his mouth. How lovely.
- His chin flew out of his head. Sad.

His best performance was against Weidman - a complete humiliation - and I think they could try again at LHW.
Actually weidman was winning until he tried to be wonderboy with spinning shit.

His boxing got exposed against Bisping,everybody and thier mother knocked him out in similar fashion.

Was a fan of Rockhold and has immense talent, but his chin just isn't there to be a long term winner. His striking defense also is suspect. Seems to leave himself open.

I wouldn't mind him giving it another shot, but MW is where he's best.

David Branch kinda rocked him too but he pulled it together and won but if he looked like Renen Barao you'd have to ask.. "Just how good, is Luke Rockhold?"

I agree with TS, Rockhold just needs to take time off and work on his fundamental flaws, maybe even think about...

Attending The Overeem Institution for Mandibular Deficiency

Jokes asked, Overeem and Rock have similar flaws, bad boxing defense and susceptibility of getting KO. Now think about how successful Overeem has ben considering, granted Overeem has an incredible striking game that Luke does not, but Reem keeps the fight standing where he’s most vulnerable, Rockhold obviously would not. Point I’m trying to make it, Overeem has been able to adapt his game, patch those flaws, evolve and remain a top 10 fighter for a decade if not more, well past his prime.... Add in at HW wth the hardest hitters , with a compromised chin, it’s remarkable.

I honestly think if Luke can reignite that competitive desire and regain his cage confidence (not smugness) he could be a contender at MW once again. I actually think he marches up decentl with half of the MW top 10, right no... with tweaks and a few wrinkles in his game Luke could do damage... below is just my shitty assessment of how Luke could perform if he wanted to drop down again.

Israel Adesanya 18-0-0 3
Loss....If Luke cannot get the fight to the canvas and do it early he easts stylebender strikesnfor as long as it lasts... basically gets systematically dismantled Izzy KO/TKO

1 Robert Whittaker 20-5-0 28
IMO it’s a toss up... this is an interesting match up, Roberts obviously undersized here, Whittaker isn’t necessarily a pressure fighter, but out volumes competition he has good TDD, but gives up significant height and reach, we haven’t seen him fight many big rangey guys like Luke at 6’3” except Izzy. It’s a very hard matchup to predict based on variables and not really knowing how Bobby is physically. Push

2 Paulo Costa 13-0-0 28
Just Duck this fight... I honestly think Luke doesn’t want to be on the Erasers highlights reel.

3 Yoel Romero 13-4-0 42
SOG would kiss Luke after waking up again...lol

4 Jared Cannonier 11-4-0 35
Winnable, Cannonier has insane power, but has struggled getting off on taller rangy fighters, add in poor TDD, if Rockhold can avoid the power long enough to ground the fight SUB win

5 Darren Till 17-2-1 26
I also see this as a winnable fight for Luke, Till is good, just how good at MW we don’t know... Till also seems hesitant at times to sit down on his punches, obviously good for Luke. Till has good TDD, but that was mostly at WW, Gastelum went 1/4 on his TD, but IIRC wasn’t committed and was using his TD threat as a tool for striking. we haven’t seen his at a size disadvantage either. Win/SUB

6 Jack Hermansson 20-5-0 31
Winnable fight, its starange Hermanssohas most wins by KO/TKO, but he has a grappling dependent game, obviously he’s initiates grappling exchanges, Luke shines in scrambles TKO via GNP

7 Kelvin Gastelum 15-5-0 27
Very hard fight to pick, Luke might be able to UD Kelvin, but I honestly think Kelvins speed and power finds that chin... KO/TKO Loss

8 Derek Brunson 18-7-0 35
Which Brunson shows up...? He has stellar TDD, IIRC has never been submitted and has power in spades... but he also displays lapses in fight IQ and doesn’t have the best gas tank either, a dangerous pick emfight...push.

9 Edmen Shahbazyan 9-0-0 21
This guy looks legit, haven’t really seen him against an elite fighter, actually he’s only been out of round 1 in the UFC once. Based on Edmond being his coach I m thinking Luke lands the TD and brutally finishes the Edmond prospect, then wheelhouse kicks Edmond for good measure.

10 Ian Heinisch
I’m trying to figure out why he’s still top 10...? Rockhold by Prison Rape/ win

So today I’d pick Rockhold easily over 4 top 10 guys, be 50/50 on 2, and get chimpanzee mauled by a few.

As said before if he evolved, works on fundamentals and adds a think or two in the arsenal there’s absolutely no reason he couldn’t be top 5

Sometimes people cant digest and ascertain simple things. Luke Rockhold, at one small period of time, was one of the top 3 middles in world ( if not #1 ).

Heres the thing- everyone has flaws .Luke could be touched standing and rather easily.This led to the domino effect of the integrity of his chin and the wires that short circuit from the jaw to the brain.

I tried to explain this right around the yoel fight. I knew Luke was all but a broken fighter and his cage days were numbered ( go back and read me posts).

He was also one of the biggest middleweights I've ever seen( him and Lovato jr.) which took its toll .He made the move up to 205 but it was too late ....damage done ( did get a strikeforce and UFC title.......and plenty of bank so......).

Vegas told the story as they opened the great Luke Rockhold a mere -140 over Jan. We call that an invitation to come make your wagers at the Rockhold buffet.
I made mine but it wasnt on Luke ( check me posts).Goddamn, it was so transparent. We all saw what happened and Luke not only lost but in ironic fashion as his jaw got " humpty dumpty ed". I said it then as I'm now. Luke Rockhold is/was a broken fighter. I even gave the Franklin U gurantee that we would not see Luke fight in a cage ( mma) again.

I wont disrespect t.s. Hes entitled to his opinion.

Last edited:
I wish I had $5 for every time MMA media posts genius like this.

AKA\s striking training undercut him. People keep talking about how the fighter is this or that, taking potshots instead of addressing the underlying causes.

Bought off media @ work.<{nope}>
Shut yo ass up!

I've actually never seen Rockhold be that much of a dick until he said "I dont lose to people like Blachowicz". Which is more high confidence conveyed in an arrogant matter but that debatable. When he finished Bisping, he picked him up, shook his hand and showed more respect than most do in the cage. Even in the lead up to the rematch he was highly condifdent but never really a smug, at least not more than you'd expect from MMA fighters. Same when he fought Branch and showed him a ton of respect after, same with Yoel and before with most of his opponents like Boetch or Weidman. Maybe I missed something but until recently he seemed like a respectful opponent and teammate. Guess he became bitter.
he had his moments over the years...little things he said here and there than lent to his being a dick but the real turn around was after the Bisping fight...he was a dick in the lead up to it and afterwards at the press conference he expressed salt levels beyond anything we had seen before lol

Objective examination: he got obliterated over and over again.

Shut yo ass up!
I'm afraid I didn't reach you with my last post.
edmond-head-movement-tbt-rondarousey-edmondtarverdyan-photoshopsteve-ufc-mma-amandanunes-24247118.png

If once you don't suceed, try, try again.<{1-1}>

Yes I know everybody hates Rockhold because he is good looking and kind of a smug jock-type.

However, the man does possess immense talent and ability. Examining his losses, I don’t think he is done.

Vitor: TRT-or was almost unbeatable at that stage and even had Jonny Jones in a tough spot.

Bisping: Luke already beat left eye Larry with ease once. This was a fluke and Rockhold beats the Count 99 out of 100 if he takes the fight seriously.

Romero: Stylistically a bad matchup as Romero is not gonna get KO’d and would be very difficult to get down. Perhaps if Rockhold would learn to use his length and range and play it safe, could see him pointing him.

Jan: Rockhold was way overconfident careless. He was doing fine till he started showboating and putting his hands down and daring Jan to hit him. Luke does not have the chin to ever put his hands down. Still tho, with some adjustments, he could win that matchup.

Don’t know where Rockhold’s heart is at these days with the modeling and whatever else but it would be a shame if he never gave it another honest effort.

Luke-rockhold-weigh-in.jpg
The biggest thing is that after he won the belt he started fighting different. Hands down, flat footed, lackidasical looking. He just looked like he thought "Theres no way this guy can beat me, there's no danger" so he didn't take the threats seriously.
Thought he looked decent vs Romero though, that was a legitimate outmatched loss on his part. Yoel is just a freak of nature.

I agree. I reckon i'm rockholds only fan at this point. He can be a total dick, but hes a damn good fighter. I reckon skill wise he is the best middleweight of all time.
You need your fucking head examined. Prime for prime, Anderson would murder him.

Objective, lol. This is the most subjective bullshit I’ve ever seen. How do you know the first fight wasn’t a fluke? I mean, Bisping KOed him with one eye by exploiting a fundamental flaw in Rockhold’s game. He could exploit it again and again. It isn’t as if Rockhold could change the way he fights. That shit is embedded.

Here’s something to consider also. USADA testing only went into full effect in late 2015. Rockhold has won 2 out of 5 fights since then.
You hate the guy cuz he would pull your girl with a head nod.

It’s your girls fault not Luke’s man.

Sometimes people cant digest and ascertain simple things. Luke Rockhold, at one small period of time, was one of the top 3 middles in world ( if not #1 ).

Heres the thing- everyone has flaws .Luke could be touched standing and rather easily.This led to the domino effect of the integrity of his chin and the wires that short circuit from the jaw to the brain.

I tried to explain this right around the yoel fight. I knew Luke was all but a broken fighter and his cage numbers were numbered ( go back and read me posts).

He was also one of the biggest middleweights I've ever seen( him and Lovato jr.) which took its toll .He made the move up to 205 but it was too late ....damage done ( did get a strikeforce and UFC title.......and plenty of bank so......).

Vegas told the story as they opened the great Luke Rockhold a mere -140 over Jan. We call that an invitation to come make your wagers at the Rockhold buffet.
I made mine but it wasnt on Luke ( check me posts).Goddamn, it was so transparent. We all saw what happened and Luke not only lost but in ironic fashion as his jaw got " humpty dumpty ed". I said it then as I'm now. Luke Rockhold is/was a broken fighter. I even gave the Franklin U gurantee that we would not see Luke fight in a cage ( mma) again.

I wont disrespect t.s. Hes entitled to his opinion.
His numbers were numbered...
Son you're really not as bright as you like to think, I know you mean well but fucking hell you've got tickets on yourself, drop the condescension.

His numbers were numbered...
Son you're really not as bright as you like to think, I know you mean well but fucking hell you've got tickets on yourself, drop the condescension.
I just changed to days were numbered. Sometimes when you're typing fast and not take the time to re read- shit happens while you're not realizing you're doing it.

What a fucking asshole you are. Really ? You couldnt figure that out on your own ?

Dont worry about my IQ .....trust me.

Oh - the land of sherdog......the nation of sheeple and bags of dicks .

I just changed to days were numbered. Sometimes when you're typing fast and not take the time to re read- shit happens while you're not realizing you're doing it.

What a fucking asshole you are. Really ? You couldnt figure that out on your own ?

Dont worry about my IQ .....trust me.

Oh - the land of sherdog......the nation of sheeple and bags of dicks .
So you fucked up and i'm the arsehole? I never mentioned your IQ, I just said you're massively arrogant, which you are. Constantly.

So you fucked up and i'm the arsehole? I never mentioned your IQ, I just said you're massively arrogant, which you are. Constantly.
" you're really not as bright as you think " and why even ?
Dont mistake confidence and conviction with a few splashes of arrogance with straight up arrogance. I dont consider myself an arrogant person and if I was/ or am, I'd have no problems owning it. I would consider that a character flaw and my character is important to me.

I even apologize for throwing insults your way but I was just taken back that youd take the time to retort something so trivial and something I'm sure you know what i meant.

Back