Elections NYT shows no courage; endorses Warren and Klobuchar

Why the fuk do they endorse candidates anyway and who gives a fuk who they endorse. Of course some fuktards will vote based on the NYT endorsement but again wtf do they endorse candidates and wtf should voters gaf?

hi again bobgeese,

I’m dead serious with the question.

Warren? Isn’t she the one doing worst out of the top 3 against Trump? And I haven’t seen anyone talking about AK. These two have the least chance of winning.

the thing is, the NYT is not 538, that's Nate Silver's current home. its not an oddsmaking betting parlor.

its not like Sherdog doing a Trump vs Warren Fight Preview and Picks.

the editorial team makes its endorsement based on policy along with whatever character conclusions they draw from their research and interviews. its not based on "who do we think can win?"

- IGIT

hi lifelessheap,

Pathological liar

Clear sociopath

No morals

*winces*

Elizabeth Warren, she of the homey grandmaw and grandpaw anecdotes of a wholesome, but hardscrabble life in Oklahoma is all these terrible things?

she sounds very, very horrible.

i'd like to get a sense of proportion and scale as to how gruesome Mrs. Warren is; is she worse than Hillary? i'm asking because, by golly, she sounds even worse than Hillary!

-
IGIT

Good recent piece from National Review (sometimes they get things right) on Warren. Excerpt:

Here’s what we know: Bernie Sanders is helplessly himself. Everything about his life story, his convictions, and his political history is internally consistent. His unique voice is traceable to a single city block in New York City. And he has expressed hope for female candidates for high office since before most living Americans today were born.

Everything about Elizabeth Warren, meanwhile, is a staged lie in service of her ambition. Her backstory, famously, is fake. During a time when elite universities like Harvard were under incredible pressure to hire non-white faculty to their law schools, Elizabeth Warren registered as a Cherokee. Eventually she concocted an almost-certainly-false story about anti–Native American prejudice from her father’s parents. Warren plagiarized her contribution to a book of Native American home recipes, Pow Wow Chow, from a French cookbook. Harvard bragged about its hiring of Warren and advertised her as an addition to its diversity, though reporting in recent years has attempted to obscure whether this was a help to her.

Warren’s political persona is entirely false. She claims to be a populist, but her form of social democracy is a kind of class warfare for millionaires and affluent liberals against billionaires and the petit bourgeois entrepreneurs who vote Republican. Her student-debt and free-college plans are absolute boons to the doctors, lawyers, and academics — the affluent wage-earners — who are her chief constituency. Meanwhile, her tax reforms go after not only billionaires but the small entrepreneurs: the guys who own a car wash, or a garbage-disposal service, and tend to vote Republican. Her consumer-protection reforms have hampered and destroyed local banks, and rewarded the bad-actor mega-banks she claims daily to oppose.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/01/elizabeth-warren-political-persona-entirely-false/

Who the fuck is Amy Klochubar? I haven’t been following the primary race at all but at least I had heard of Bernie, Warren, Biden, Bouttiege (however you spell it), Harris, Yang and Beto.

Never even heard of this person.

Whoa there. I'll have you know one of them is 1/1024 Indian.
What I don’t understand is how they can believe her lies she lied about that for how long ? Even though she made life gains from that

Why the fuk do they endorse candidates anyway and who gives a fuk who they endorse. Of course some fuktards will vote based on the NYT endorsement but again wtf do they endorse candidates and wtf should voters gaf?

hi dreden1982,

you should try to use the word "fuck" more often. just use that word and don't bother with the other stuff.

like, just post like this; "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck fuck, fuck, fuck
sincerely dreden1982".

i think it will be more effective.

- IGIT

hi there franklinstower,

i thought they might.

their coverage of him, in this election cycle, has been pretty even handed.

Maureen Dowd (who seems to dislike anyone that isn't named "Maureen Dowd") even gave Mr. Sanders high marks after the last debate.

as it turns it, the NYT basically didn't endorse anyone. oh, and they gave lip service to ME2.

- IGIT

I don't think I would go so far as to call it even handed as there have been a few mishaps but putting that aside I am surprised they have not endorsed Biden or Bernie-- either one would make sense for the NYT.

Warren and Klobuchar really makes no sense to me though. Neither one really have much of a chance......

hi dreden1982,

you should try to use the word "fuck" more often. just use that word and don't bother with the other stuff.

like, just post like this; "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck fuck, fuck, fuck
sincerely dreden1982".

i think it will be more effective.

- IGIT
Mentally censor my post as you read it then respond please. Fuk it I'll help

"Why do they endorse candidates anyway and who cares who they endorse? Of course some people will vote based on the NYT endorsement but again why do they endorse candidates and why should voters care?
"

Does that help d bag?

Warren and Klobuchar really makes no sense to me though. Neither one really have much of a chance......

<WellThere>

Not being an asshole, not even being a partisan.

These endorsements make no sense beyond vote for anything with a vagina.

Good recent piece from National Review (sometimes they get things right) on Warren. Excerpt:

Here’s what we know: Bernie Sanders is helplessly himself. Everything about his life story, his convictions, and his political history is internally consistent. His unique voice is traceable to a single city block in New York City. And he has expressed hope for female candidates for high office since before most living Americans today were born.

Everything about Elizabeth Warren, meanwhile, is a staged lie in service of her ambition. Her backstory, famously, is fake. During a time when elite universities like Harvard were under incredible pressure to hire non-white faculty to their law schools, Elizabeth Warren registered as a Cherokee. Eventually she concocted an almost-certainly-false story about anti–Native American prejudice from her father’s parents. Warren plagiarized her contribution to a book of Native American home recipes, Pow Wow Chow, from a French cookbook. Harvard bragged about its hiring of Warren and advertised her as an addition to its diversity, though reporting in recent years has attempted to obscure whether this was a help to her.

Warren’s political persona is entirely false. She claims to be a populist, but her form of social democracy is a kind of class warfare for millionaires and affluent liberals against billionaires and the petit bourgeois entrepreneurs who vote Republican. Her student-debt and free-college plans are absolute boons to the doctors, lawyers, and academics — the affluent wage-earners — who are her chief constituency. Meanwhile, her tax reforms go after not only billionaires but the small entrepreneurs: the guys who own a car wash, or a garbage-disposal service, and tend to vote Republican. Her consumer-protection reforms have hampered and destroyed local banks, and rewarded the bad-actor mega-banks she claims daily to oppose.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/01/elizabeth-warren-political-persona-entirely-false/

hi again ultra,

i like the National Review. i read it a few times a week.

i feel badly for those guys, lol. they've had rough sledding in the era of Trump. the National Review is torn between whatever it was Buckley envisioned a half century ago and competing for clicks with fever swamp sites like Townhall.com.

i think the gist of this piece is correct - but it also goes overboard.

yes, i agree that Bernie is singular in his convictions and he's been who he's been for a long time. he's not a newcomer to the movement he launched.

did Mrs. Warren check the box for "Native American" as she climbed the academic ladder, as a way to get a leg up on her peers? yeah, i think she did.

does she have native American blood? yeah, she does.

would anyone be making such a big freaking deal about this topic if she looked this?;
ea1028ccfa68648dd934a535dd3da2dc--native-american-women-american-indians.jpg

we wouldn't, because we'd be like, "duh, of course she's part indian!!!".

did Mrs. Warren break the law? no, she did not break any laws.

look. i don't make a big deal of Mr. Trump's numerous bankruptcies. i've never once made the case that those bankruptcies alone indicated that he would be unfit to serve as POTUS.
they were legal financial proceedings. Mr. Trump availed himself of the tools that were available to him to live to fight another day. he didn't murder anyone. he didn't do anything illegal.

i feel the same way about Mrs. Warren's thing with claiming native american heritage. what she did was legal, so it doesn't bother much one way or another.

it tells me nothing about her character.

- IGIT

Last edited:
"Why do they endorse candidates anyway?"

hi dresden1982,

that was much better, thanks!

the NYT endorses candidates because; Endorsements are supposed to assess candidates’ platforms and pledges and offer readers in-depth guidance so they can make up their minds on whom to vote for in an educated way.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/reader-center/political-endorsements.html

i like answering questions like this. it reminds of talking to very small children.

"what happens when we die?"

"where does the sun go at night?"

- IGIT

I don't think I would go so far as to call it even handed as there have been a few mishaps but putting that aside I am surprised they have not endorsed Biden or Bernie-- either one would make sense for the NYT.

hiya franklinstower,

they've been pretty good. some might say, even over-the-top (in a postive way) at times, in their coverage of Mr. Sanders.

just last week Gail Collins and David Brooks (who is smug and i really dislike) had a long exchange where Collins openly mused about a Sanders Presidency.

it doesn't bug me that they endorsed Mrs. Warren over Mr. Sanders - i can see how Mrs. Warren fits in better with the overall vibe of the NYT, intellectually. i'm just extremely irritated that they also endorsed Mrs. Klochubar. i mean, lol, what the fuck is that?

where does the NYT stand, in terms of policy?

- IGIT

What I don’t understand is how they can believe her lies she lied about that for how long ? Even though she made life gains from that

hiya ShadowRun,

The new findings support Warren’s claim that she has at least one Native American ancestor, although they cannot reveal whether that individual was a member of any specific tribe.
The results were not peer-reviewed, as they would be in a formal scientific publication, but four anthropological geneticists told us the methodologies were valid and the conclusions reasonable.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/the-facts-on-elizabeth-warrens-dna-test/

Warren's DNA analysis, conducted by Stanford University researcher Carlos Bustamante, found that the "vast majority" of Warren's lineage is of European ancestry. But he also writes that the results "strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor in the individual's pedigree, likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago."
https://www.npr.org/

Warren, who grew up in Norman, Oklahoma, and is seen as a presidential contender in 2020, recently released results of a DNA test that she said indicated she had a distant Native American ancestor.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/warren-ancestry-highlights-how-tribes-decide-membership

- IGIT

hi dresden1982,

that was much better, thanks!

the NYT endorses candidates because; Endorsements are supposed to assess candidates’ platforms and pledges and offer readers in-depth guidance so they can make up their minds on whom to vote for in an educated way.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/reader-center/political-endorsements.html

i like answering questions like this. it reminds of talking to very small children.

"what happens when we die?"

"where does the sun go at night?"

- IGIT
That explains why they do the interviews and report on candidates stances on issues not why they ENDORSE specific candidates. Thanks for nothing

That explains why they do the interviews and report on candidates stances on issues not why they ENDORSE specific candidates. Thanks for nothing

hello hello dreden1982,

you are welcome my friend!

- IGIT

<WellThere>

Not being an asshole, not even being a partisan.

These endorsements make no sense beyond vote for anything with a vagina.

hi again bobgeese,

the NYT is not a hive of lefty anarchists. do you read the paper?

Paul Krugman does not take off his tweed jacket, don a black facemask and paramilitary gear to go marauding about with Antifa on his free weekends, you know?

their culture section still publishes long pieces on opera, their living section regularly has rapturous pieces on dining at $1000.00 (dinner for two, tip included!) establishments. their style section used to cover Jean Paul Gautlier as if he were the President of France. in addition to the usual US interests, their sports section has articles on cricket and yachting, lol.

in that sense, Mrs. Klochubar is the type of candidate they usually endorse. even the term "centrist" is a relative one. she's certainly seeking to move the party to the left of where it was when Mr. Obama finished his term - she's just not as far out there as Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Warren.

the additional endorsement of Mrs. Warren makes no sense.

*pauses and corrects himself*

what i mean to say is this; one of those endorsements makes no sense.

- IGIT

Last edited:
hiya ShadowRun,

The new findings support Warren’s claim that she has at least one Native American ancestor, although they cannot reveal whether that individual was a member of any specific tribe.
The results were not peer-reviewed, as they would be in a formal scientific publication, but four anthropological geneticists told us the methodologies were valid and the conclusions reasonable.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/the-facts-on-elizabeth-warrens-dna-test/

Warren's DNA analysis, conducted by Stanford University researcher Carlos Bustamante, found that the "vast majority" of Warren's lineage is of European ancestry. But he also writes that the results "strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor in the individual's pedigree, likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago."
https://www.npr.org/

Warren, who grew up in Norman, Oklahoma, and is seen as a presidential contender in 2020, recently released results of a DNA test that she said indicated she had a distant Native American ancestor.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/warren-ancestry-highlights-how-tribes-decide-membership

- IGIT
What about the stories of her being fired for being pregnant ? The story of her parents forbidden to date because of “native American” hate .. her cook book all that jazz

Back