NYPD anti-harassmant training chief removed from position over racist online posts

actions speak louder than words... i've had plenty of students i thought were absolute dumb fucks and would love to fail them...but based on the work they did, etc. i gave them the grade they earned

posting on a message board through an alias to let off some steam isn't worthy of being fired

Ruining morale, proving to be a bad member of the team, and proving your judgement is piss poor, and tarnishing the reputation of the organization as a whole would all be perfectly valid reasons to fire someone even if you think being a racist piece of shit isn't.

But I agree, every one of this officers actions should be held under a microscope in the coming weeks and every bit of evidence, reporting, and testimony he's produced should be called into question. Any lawyer worth his salt should be able to get any case this guy ever touched overturned, thrown out, or reopened.

Also someone should have to answer for how this guys attitude (and any potential actions) went undetected.

Ruining morale, proving to be a bad member of the team, and proving your judgement is piss poor, and tarnishing the reputation of the organization as a whole would all be perfectly valid reasons to fire someone even if you think being a racist piece of shit isn't.
I disagree that it "proves" one is a bad member...perhaps I could see an argument regarding it hurting morale and tarnishing the reputation of the organization if this person did so openly and publicly, but there is a vast difference in posting or even trolling through an alias on a random message board.

We all need to let off a little steam from time to time and I think doing so anonymously can be one of the most plausible and morally-conscious ways of doing so...going so far as to ask for someone's livelihood to be turned on its head seems rather draconian and makes a mountain out of a molehill.

Furthermore, "racism" is a catch-all term to place blame and guilt at one's whim...you can tell and laugh at a racist joke and not be "racist"...again, actions speak louder than words. Moreover, I would go so far as to say that every human being is "racist" according to the rhetoric and arguments I hear regarding what "racism" actually is.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

But I agree, every one of this officers actions should be held under a microscope in the coming weeks and every bit of evidence, reporting, and testimony he's produced should be called into question. Any lawyer worth his salt should be able to get any case this guy ever touched overturned, thrown out, or reopened.
I think the error in this perspective is that it is hypocritical. What about all the people who have racist thoughts but don't have their aliases revealed? Furthermore, what about the people who discriminate through their actions but never reveal so through their words? I think that is a lot more dangerous than someone who says discriminatory things but doesn't act upon them.

I feel this kind of thinking is simply a primal desire in the human species to create some kind of "pariah"...an iconic figure upon which all hate can be directed towards...very akin to human sacrifice.

We all feel "the elephant in the room" or "the emperor's new clothes" but only punish the ones who don't play along with the game correctly.

Also someone should have to answer for how this guys attitude (and any potential actions) went undetected.
probably because his actions and attitude weren't discriminatory...as I mentioned before I've had a ton of students who, personally, I would like to fail (and I could have failed them) but my actions were moral and I gave them the grade they earned.

Last edited:
I disagree that it "proves" one is a bad member...perhaps I could see an argument regarding it hurting morale and tarnishing the reputation of the organization if this person did so openly and publicly, but there is a vast difference in posting or even trolling through an alias on a random message board.

We all need to let off a little steam from time to time and I think doing so anonymously can be one of the most plausible and morally-conscious ways of doing so...going so far as to ask for someone's livelihood to be turned on its head seems rather draconian and makes a mountain out of a molehill.

Furthermore, "racism" is a catch-all term to place blame and guilt at one's whim...you can tell and laugh at a racist joke and not be "racist"...again, actions speak louder than words. Moreover, I would go so far as to say that every human being is "racist" according to the rhetoric and arguments I hear regarding what "racism" actually is.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I think the error in this perspective is that it is hypocritical. What about all the people who have racist thoughts but don't have their aliases revealed? Furthermore, what about the people who discriminate through their actions but never reveal so through their words? I think that is a lot more dangerous than someone who says discriminatory things but doesn't act upon them.

I feel this kind of thinking is simply a primal desire in the human species to create some kind of "pariah"...an iconic figure upon which all hate can be directed towards...very akin to human sacrifice.

We all feel "the elephant in the room" or "the emperor's new clothes" but only punish the ones who don't play along with the game correctly.

Being a bigot isn't blowing off a little steam. Normal people don't have racist steam to blow off. It's really weird how casual you are about it.

He was caught being honest under a presumed veil of anonymity. He's undermined any trust in himself and in the institution he represents.

This guy is an unmitigated disaster of an officer and an affirmation of every criticism leveled on the NYPD in recent months.

He just wanted to get home to his wife and kids safely.

The report, obtained by The Post, says that Deputy Inspector James Francis Kobel used the handle “Clouseau” to post “racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, and homophobic sentiments” on the The Rant forums 500 times between the summer of 2019 and fall of this year.

The high-ranking cop even attacked his own in numerous messages, calling a pair of female cops of color “gutter sluts” and “f–king animals” and a Palestinian-American lieutenant a “goat-f–king Palestinian scum bag.”

Wonder if he's a closet WRer too.

Heard on the radio: turns out this cop was posting this racist shit on the board and he ended up posting biographical details in his post history which if connected were enough to ID him using just publicly available data.

What a doofus.

Being a bigot isn't blowing off a little steam. Normal people don't have racist steam to blow off. It's really weird how casual you are about it.
I disagree, as I've already stated, everyone (including "normal" people) is "racist" or a "bigot" according to the arguments I've seen being thrown around. It's a catch-all term used to assign blame and guilt at a whim.

From my view, I think it's weird how serious you take something small as a racist joke or trolling on a message board. Your response strikes me as when someone would say "I don't believe in God" 500 years ago and the people would call for that person to be burned at the stake. Now we can say that easily but we can't say "racist" things...it's the same blame game in another form. It's related to human sacrifice.

He was caught being honest under a presumed veil of anonymity. He's undermined any trust in himself and in the institution he represents.
Yes, we all have honest thoughts, but it is our actions that speak louder. My honest thoughts are that a ton of my students are absolute morons who shouldn't even be in my class, but I go along reasonably with the conventions of society and give them the grade they earned according to the work they've done.

This guy is an unmitigated disaster of an officer and an affirmation of every criticism leveled on the NYPD in recent months.
I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. To believe that all humans don't have thoughts that society would condemn is farcical.

I disagree, as I've already stated, everyone (including "normal" people) is "racist" or a "bigot" according to the arguments I've seen being thrown around. It's a catch-all term used to assign blame and guilt at a whim.

From my view, I think it's weird how serious you take something small as a racist joke or trolling on a message board. Your response strikes me as when someone would say "I don't believe in God" 500 years ago and the people would call for that person to be burned at the stake. Now we can say that easily but we can't say "racist" things...it's the same blame game in another form. It's related to human sacrifice.

Yes, we all have honest thoughts, but it is our actions that speak louder. My honest thoughts are that a ton of my students are absolute morons who shouldn't even be in my class, but I go along reasonably with the conventions of society and give them the grade they earned according to the work they've done.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. To believe that all humans don't have thoughts that society would condemn is farcical.
Then why be anonymous and I BEG you to write some shit like that on FB and then use your very persuasive , cogent , logical argument on your boss when he finds out . I’m sure it’ll go over well . Relax Bob ! Blowin off steam buddy ! Right right !” Never mind I realize this is sherdog and everyone’s a self made millionaire with no boss .

Scary to know that a tremendous piece of turd like that has the power to ruin lives. He is not a walmart cashier, his job carries a bigger responsibility and any report he makes could fuck lives up. Not worth risking the whole reputation ( the little left there is ) of an entire department for a guy like that.

Then why be anonymous and I BEG you to write some shit like that on FB and then use your very persuasive , cogent , logical argument on your boss when he finds out . I’m sure it’ll go over well . Relax Bob ! Blowin off steam buddy ! Right right !” Never mind I realize this is sherdog and everyone’s a self made millionaire with no boss .
Hence the purpose of anonymity...the human species wishes to create a pariah, regardless of how logical and cogent an argument may be against its dogma. It's simply a form of religion. We all see that the emperor wears no clothes, but we go along with it anyway, because it's better than being alone and, thus, antagonized by the mob: "I don't really believe in God, but I'll say I do publicly and go to church as well to avoid being burned at the stake."

This is actually bad.

I don't care if some racist asshole gets fired, but if things you post anonymously online become public then we're all in a lot of trouble.

How many of you would want your hr dept to know your sherdog name?
I’d be fucked tbh

I’d be fucked tbh
We all would lol...a rare bastion of somewhat free speech is still allowed here...but it's getting harder and harder to find such sanctuaries in the real and virtual worlds

We all would lol...a rare bastion of somewhat free speech is still allowed here...but it's getting harder and harder to find such sanctuaries in the real and virtual worlds
I don't say racist shit but just the content of my posts would probably raise some serious eyebrows.

This is actually bad.

I don't care if some racist asshole gets fired, but if things you post anonymously online become public then we're all in a lot of trouble.

How many of you would want your hr dept to know your sherdog name?
I wouldn't care. But then again, I don't act like a piece of shit on here either.

Who? Who are these funny conservative comedians? All I can come up with is Adam Carolla and those Blue Collar comedy guys. And calling Carolla conservative is stretching it.

Not the ones that list comedian on their tax form. The ones that list politician, mainly.

:-/

Political comedy in general is usually hack.

agreed...unless it’s true satire and doesn’t lean far either left or right. A lot of people forget John Stewart on the daily show used to take it to the Left when they did stupid shit (not as much as the right of course)

The onion is best when it hammers the honest mistakes of the right: same goes for the Bee with the left. But when they are stuck in a partisan vacuum, it becomes dull.

Back