• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NYC is such a miserable place once you get outside of Manhattan.

So basically people in Manhattan share similar political ideological beliefs as you so they are great for TS . People in surrounding areas might not share same political ideology so they are all homophobe, redneck racists <LucyBless>

Its different.

I mean I love the south and I love Republican areas of the country. It is just that the two vote Republican for different reasons.

In the south and midwest, they vote red because of their work lifestyles and religious beliefs.

In Long Island and Staten Island, they vote red out of racism stemming from their insecurities and inferiority complex about their own heritage (their ancestors being seen as lower than black people when they first came to the US). No one wants to admit it but its true.

I mean I know people that grew up in Queens and they all said that it was hostile. There was a huge ethnic turf war and some ethnic groups genuinely hated each other. I can say for a fact that the Chinese in Queens absolutely hate any kind of brown person and these days, black people too.
strange - I was born & raised in Queens & lived there for over 40+ years, & just moved out to the Island in March earlier this year to be closer to family etc.

me & the boys, the majority of us are mixed, myself included. we have white & black folks & every other shade in between in our click. never heard of any "turf war" unless you're speaking of gang related shit, which is just that - gang related shit.

I love Queens. Lived in Astoria for 8 years. Before that I lived in Washington Heights in the city.

That said, I wouldn’t move back to NYC. You don’t realize it until you leave, but everything there is just a little harder. Packed trains during rush hour, parking, laundry (sounds silly but in-unit laundry is a luxury), having to walk to the train in the snow, expensive Ubers, etc. All those vicissitudes were not a factor in my life once I left NYC. I miss the people, the food and the night life, but now I’m older with different priorities.

The income inequality has worsened and have not recovered since the 07-08 financial crisis, and a lot of places are turning into 3rd world looking ghettos. I think people are so entrenched in the left vs right battle that they forget the middle class has been losing the war to the upper class the whole time.

everywhere sucks. welcome to planet earth.

Most big cities are sh!tholes.
They are breeding grounds for entitled losers.

Went back for a month to visit some old friends. Manhattan is cool since everyone not from NYC lives there to work and chase their wild dreams. The homelessness sucks and so does the smell but the people are not all that bad.

Once you get outside of Manhattan into more "real" NYC full of people from the city, you start to realize what a miserable dump the city is.

Staten Island and Long Island are a cheap ripoff of Alabama. Everyone is racist, homophobic, and hardcore right wing conservative.

Queens is a turf war between various nationalities.

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

Brooklyn has Williamsburg and Bushwick which is kind of cool but it also has some of the most dangerous hoods in NYC.

I feel like outside of Manhattan, NYC is a baby between Detroit and Kentucky.

I think most capital cities are like that tbh. I know ny is not the capital but its kind of considered as such by the rest of the world.
London is pretty shitty outside of the mainstream places. And so are most of the big English cities

strange - I was born & raised in Queens & lived there for over 40+ years, & just moved out to the Island in March earlier this year to be closer to family etc.

me & the boys, the majority of us are mixed, myself included. we have white & black folks & every other shade in between in our click. never heard of any "turf war" unless you're speaking of gang related shit, which is just that - gang related shit.

From what I have heard and witnessed, the Asians and Indians there really hate each other. It does seem like the Chinese population of Queens is quite hostile to anyone not white or Chinese.

yup and easy too, they are too used to soyboys who pander to them, a real man could easily clean up

Women in NYC have trust issues. A lot of times they feel that they can trust a soyboy, so they go for him. Plenty of women in NYC have projected on to me that I am an asshole, douchebag, player, jerk and that was the reason I got shot down sometimes. I got laid plenty of times in NYC though

The guys I see really pandering and simping for women are Boomers up here in Connecticut. They do it 10X more than any soyboy that you guys are thinking about

Last edited:
I wanna visit New York. Am from Europe.

New York and Thailand are at the top of my list. Kinda being cheap not wanting to spend money to go.

Just generally America interests me.

Last edited:
Went back for a month to visit some old friends. Manhattan is cool since everyone not from NYC lives there to work and chase their wild dreams. The homelessness sucks and so does the smell but the people are not all that bad.

Once you get outside of Manhattan into more "real" NYC full of people from the city, you start to realize what a miserable dump the city is.

Staten Island and Long Island are a cheap ripoff of Alabama. Everyone is racist, homophobic, and hardcore right wing conservative.

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

Brooklyn has Williamsburg and Bushwick which is kind of cool but it also has some of the most dangerous hoods in NYC.

I actually feel like Manhattan has gotten weak over the years and Brooklyn is now the more interesting Borough. Along with the 2 neighborhoods you mentioned Fort Greene, Dumbo, Brooklyn Heights, Greenpoint and Bed-Stuy are cool.

Then again I have lived in and around NYC all my life so what you consider dangerous I might not.

You're 100% right about Staten Island and Long Island tho...

OP needs to tell us about the Italians and their height.
Untitled_design_3_large.png

Elevator shoes baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayby!!!!!

Staten Island and Long Island are a cheap ripoff of Alabama.

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

So, they're like this but missing teeth?
hqdefault.jpg

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

The fact that you're into Williamsburg and Bushwick makes it understandable how you hate the rest..

What do you identify as?

I actually feel like Manhattan has gotten weak over the years and Brooklyn is now the more interesting Borough. Along with the 2 neighborhoods you mentioned Fort Greene, Dumbo, Brooklyn Heights, Greenpoint and Bed-Stuy are cool.

Then again I have lived in and around NYC all my life so what you consider dangerous I might not.

You're 100% right about Staten Island and Long Island tho...

I think Manhattan is always going to be strong and the place to be but yeah, gentrification is ironically saving Brooklyn in some ways.

As for Staten Island and Long Island, the worst places in the US in my opinion. Long Island has the worst people in this entire country, they always have ulterior motives and are loaded with hatred.

Back