• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NYC is such a miserable place once you get outside of Manhattan.

Mystic Mac Miller

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Went back for a month to visit some old friends. Manhattan is cool since everyone not from NYC lives there to work and chase their wild dreams. The homelessness sucks and so does the smell but the people are not all that bad.

Once you get outside of Manhattan into more "real" NYC full of people from the city, you start to realize what a miserable dump the city is.

Staten Island and Long Island are a cheap ripoff of Alabama. Everyone is racist, homophobic, and hardcore right wing conservative.

Queens is a turf war between various nationalities.

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

Brooklyn has Williamsburg and Bushwick which is kind of cool but it also has some of the most dangerous hoods in NYC.

I feel like outside of Manhattan, NYC is a baby between Detroit and Kentucky.

Went back for a month to visit some old friends. Manhattan is cool since everyone not from NYC lives there to work and chase their wild dreams. The homelessness sucks and so does the smell but the people are not all that bad.

Once you get outside of Manhattan into more "real" NYC full of people from the city, you start to realize what a miserable dump the city is.

Staten Island and Long Island are a cheap ripoff of Alabama. Everyone is racist, homophobic, and hardcore right wing conservative.

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

Brooklyn has Williamsburg and Bushwick which is kind of cool but it also has some of the most dangerous hoods in NYC.

Yeah, but did you go into Jersey?

Queens is the best borough from the greater Flushing area on out heading towards Long Island. the real suburbs of NYC.

My experience in Queens was a bunch of different kinds of Asians that hate each other. Chinese/East Asian and Indian (dot) people seriously don't like each other. Went to a Chinese restaurant with a white coworker, instant good service. Went to same restaurant a week later with an Indian coworker, would not even serve us for well over 30 minutes. When they did, it was the manager coming in rushing our order.

I don’t think he’s suicidal bro. Jersey is real life escape from NY without the island. Edit he awnsered a second
before me lol.

Jersey is to northeast what Mississippi is to the south and the rest of the US. Other states can go "hey we might be bad but we ain't Mississippi". Meanwhile, all the states in the northeast can go "we might be bad but we ain't Jersey".

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

I lived in NJ for a short time, not too far from NYC, so would occassionaly drive there. Would never want to live in N.J. again. The people were stuck up. In general I've found people from the NJ / NYC area to be a bit obnoxious / pushy. Unlike people from the Pacific NW and the MidWest where people tend to be laid back and easy to get along with. The North East is also too crowded for my liking.

My experience in Queens was a bunch of different kinds of Asians that hate each other. Chinese/East Asian and Indian (dot) people seriously don't like each other. Went to a Chinese restaurant with a white coworker, instant good service. Went to same restaurant a week later with an Indian coworker, would not even serve us for well over 30 minutes. When they did, it was the manager coming in rushing our order.

you shouldn't judge an entire borough based on one simple experience like that. I mean Queens is considered to have the best cuisine outside of Manhattan. some may even argue in favor in Queens on the matter - this is all due to how culturally diverse Queens is.

reminds me of one guy who made a thread long go shitting on NYC entirely because there was no dollar menu at the McDonald's Times Square haha

I loved Manhattan but that kind of proved your point even though it took a while for me to open up and embrace it. When I was moving furniture for a while and driving trucks I did jobs outside Manhattan in the surrounding Burroughs and in NJ and delivered to different areas and cities in the northeast and east coast and found them to be decent people most of the time, as a personal anecdote.

I did, do not even get me started on Jersey. Bergen County is a poor man's Westchester County, full of overcompensating and insecure new money.
I live in Bergen County.

If you would like to label it as a poor man's Westchester, you can thank me for providing representation of the poor.

This area is so absurdly expensive.

There are good folks and douchebags, as has been the case for everywhere I lived, including Long Island (much more tight wound, aggressive, high strung, imo) and Los Angeles.

Bronx is Detroit 2.0.

This just in, most places suck outside if the tourist area!

Manhattan is exciting as a short term place, but I couldn't get paid to actually live there! Broadway shows and craziness can only be enjoyable for so long... then absurdly expensive rent, no parking, and reality kick in!

I live in Bergen County.

If you would like to label it as a poor man's Westchester, you can thank me for providing representation of the poor.

This area is so absurdly expensive.

There are good folks and douchebags, as has been the case for everywhere I lived, including Long Island (much more tight wound, aggressive, high strung, imo) and Los Angeles.

Oh, what's up neighbor. I work in Bergen (live in Passaic).

posted this in the WR lounge thread a few weeks ago.

randomly starring Chito Vera

Bronson went to my high school & is from my neighborhood, I was a senior when he was a sophomore. so weird, how he looks waaaaay older than me present day.

anyways, check out the fucking food in this video!!! holy mother of fuck. I've been to exclusive Italian joints like this in the past (Bruno, the wine cellar at Otto's etc.) but this is like next level.

Brooklyn and Queens would be top 5 cities in the US in terms of population even if they weren’t part of NYC, kinda crazy to reduce them to Asian gangs lol.

Astoria, Long Island City, Greenpoint, Bushwick, Williamsburg, flatbush, downtown brookyn and surrounding area, prospect park area, are all pretty nice. East brooklyn or Jamaica are trash yeah, but there’s no reason to go there and it’s pretty far from everything else.

Back