• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NYC is such a miserable place once you get outside of Manhattan.

People defending shit holes and calling people pussies. Never gets old. Auto blue tribe indicator. go figure.

its big city so 100k people having problem in 8 million people city is not that much but big cities are shit holes especially n american. so wery few cities here are like tokyo or dubai

lmao your responses are even better. Being ignorant used to be something felt shame about. yet here you are.

Lol the soft bitches who never lived in the city for any extended period of time keep outing themselves <{Heymansnicker}>

You are legit terrified of one of the statistically safest large cities in the US, you are outing yourself as a certified pussy as we speak <{outtahere}>

Lol the soft bitches who never lived in the city for any extended period of time keep outing themselves <{Heymansnicker}>

You are legit terrified of one of the statistically safest large cities in the US, you are outing yourself as a certified pussy as we speak <{outtahere}>

If you define safety by life or death(by a civilian not a cop) you're probably safe. If you define safety by whether or not you will get in an altercation with someone and potentially get hands thrown at you over stupid shit you're not.

And those people lived in NYC between 1998 and 2017.

The people paying the ridiculous rents are either tied to NYC for various logistical reasons, have no options or are hoping it goes back to being much safer like it was for 20+ yrs. You also have long time real estate holders that are in a tough spot.

Not everyone everyone has the option to just leave the city.

No one feels safe in NYC right now.

LOL at the bolded.

Do you currently reside in Canada? Figures a foreigner would say something outlandish like this.

Last night I saw a bunch of hot young women in mini skirts roaming the streets after 2 and 3 AM. Does that qualify as no one feeling safe in NYC right now?

Every city has crimes and shitty areas, but to make a blanket statement like you just did is ridiculous

If you define safety by life or death(by a civilian not a cop) you're probably safe. If you define safety by whether or not you will get in an altercation with someone and potentially get hands thrown at you over stupid shit you're not.

Bro, you're a much more likely to get in an altercation and have hands thrown at a Popeeye's or Burger King in the middle of nowhere than in NYC.

And those people lived in NYC between 1998 and 2017.

The people paying the ridiculous rents are either tied to NYC for various logistical reasons, have no options or are hoping it goes back to being much safer like it was for 20+ yrs. You also have long time real estate holders that are in a tough spot.

Not everyone everyone has the option to just leave the city.

No one feels safe in NYC right now.

Do you have any sources on your comments on real estate in NYC? When I see stories like the below I'm only inclined to believe it's actually getting more expensive to live in NYC

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/23/nyc-robotic-parking-systems-luxury-residents.html

300-350k for a parking spot.

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/lenox-hill/the-leyton-1059-third-avenue/68092

3.5 million for a 2 bedroom apt in a building built in 2022

NYC is losing residents. The young people are moving there for jobs and the cool factor, but that can change I. The coming years. People are fleeing Cali as well. I think places like denver, portland, Phoenix, Austin will gain more popularity with the youth. If NYC wants to stay afloat they need to bring the cost of living down. It costs 20 dollars to cross a bridge. 2000 for a closet.

Long Island has some great parts. The beaches, the North and South Forks, Wine Country, and some of the best restaurants in the country. But some towns are predominantly low income Hispanic and black and have crime, gangs, drugs etc. The Bronx has been lost to the trash. Staten Island was never nice. But Brooklyn and Queens still have Some cool areas. Also some shitty ones...with low cost housing and government assisted housing, shit goes down hill fast.

Exactly. Nothing but cope from the "everything is fine " cult. Don't look at mass exodus from certain states or where they are going. Lmfao

TS, out of curiosity, where are you from? or rather, where do you reside?

I live in NYC, Queens to be exact and some of the shit in this thread about this city being unsafe, unkept, blah blah blah is extremely laughable.

Like every major city or even small ones, there's places you don't go to or else you're asking for it.

My experience when I lived there was the opposite.

In Manhattan, I always felt like a rat in a cage. Everyone crawling over everyone else. No soul.

Once you got outside Manhattan, suddenly I felt like I was in a city, with people, people who were just living their lives. Felt like I could finally breathe.

One of the last places I'd want to live. I was near msg yesterday morning and 75% of humans on the street had something seriously wrong with them. Zombies, vagrants, beggars, etc. Literally 3 outa 4 at 7 am had no business on the street. Just human trash.

I'm sure there are nice areas in ny but the public transit stations, trains, and surrounding areas are infested with human trash.

TS, out of curiosity, where are you from? or rather, where do you reside?

I live in NYC, Queens to be exact and some of the shit in this thread about this city being unsafe, unkept, blah blah blah is extremely laughable.

Like every major city or even small ones, there's places you don't go to or else you're asking for it.

If ur using the subway system id say ur exposed to danger. Trapped in a metal can with all the cities psychos, unable to arm or defend yourself.

If ur using the subway system id say ur exposed to danger. Trapped in a metal can with all the cities psychos, unable to arm or defend yourself.
sounding like someone who watches too much TV, the subway system is perfectly fine.

Back