NY Law Firm tries to recruit fighters for union talks

These fighters need protection Tormund, they have none. UFC is running a virtual monopoly and the fighters are the show, not goofs like Dana and the UFC name.

Unions aren't perfect at all I agree but these athletes need a voice. They are getting peanuts for pay and are receiving a sliver of the revenue pie. Without the fighters it would just be the UC, there is no sport without the athletes.

the athletes need a promotion for people to care. they are free to go fight for another org. if it's all about the fighters it shouldn't matter who promotes them.

the fact is the fighters benefit greatly from having a promotion like the ufc.

it's pretty funny that people think the fighters need protection when the ufc doubled the size of the roster the same people complained about watered down cards and lack of interest. the same fighters who received triple the salary to be in the ufc were at the same time being exploited.

Why, because he's dumb as sh*t, and barely speaks English?

His English is great and I never saw any other fighter speaking so well about the Reebook situation.

Good. Need more of this..... a percentage agreement, keep likeness, contract stipulations more equal.... all these things need to change. The higher percentage of profit might go mostly to the top guys which is ok. But the other guys would be helped as well. If they cut bottom feeders, good for the guys who deserve to be in the UFC. Zuffa added fighters to the roster to help their pocketbooks.

Good. Need more of this..... a percentage agreement, keep likeness, contract stipulations more equal.... all these things need to change. The higher percentage of profit might go mostly to the top guys which is ok. But the other guys would be helped as well. If they cut bottom feeders, good for the guys who deserve to be in the UFC. Zuffa added fighters to the roster to help their pocketbooks.

yeah, fuck the guys at the bottom. this is for the guys at the bottom who deserve to be at the bottom. not the guys who deserve to be cut first. the union will fix that. and do you know what likeness means?

How is it ruining? The OP is right these guys have bee exploited for years while Dana and the Frittatas have stuffed their pockets with millions and lined their Vegas driveways with snow.

Do you think these lawyers care? It's a lawyer trying to convince a bunch of dudes who are involved in a lucrative business deal that what the really need is to give him, a dude completely uninvolved in any aspect of this business venture, a whole bunch of money to oversee things. And he literally just invited himself to the party without a single person asking for his help.

His English is great and I never saw any other fighter speaking so well about the Reebook situation.

As much as I hate him, Tim Kennedy did as well. Just as vocal. Hasn't fought since

Ahhh Zuffa zombies everywhere. I'm sure you guys would love to be the moneymakers for your company and receive 15% or less of total revenue. Oh well enjoy I'm done on this topic.

Unions don't do anything to help the strong, they're made to protect the weak. I hope a union never gets made. All the fans that support a union are the same people who would sell their car for gas money.
That's not exactly true at all. Some form of union/association will help the fighters get a greater share of the pie. Top athletes in other leagues which have unions have seen a consistent rise in their pay. One of the biggest things is disclosing what other athletes are being paid. For years the Boston Bruins kept Ray Bourque's pay suppressed and then said "you want what?" Our best player Ray doesn't even get that. When you know what other similarly accomplished athletes are getting your value is easier to establish.

My wife works for a job that has a union and while I do see some of her colleagues take advantage and slack off most don't and we get to enjoy the benefits (health coverage, pension etc) that came from a union.

Ahhh Zuffa zombies everywhere. I'm sure you guys would love to be the moneymakers for your company and receive 15% or less of total revenue. Oh well enjoy I'm done on this topic.
you're source for the 15% or less?

if they're all the "moneymakers" why are they fighting in the ufc for less than they "deserve"?

That's not exactly true at all. Some form of union/association will help the fighters get a greater share of the pie. Top athletes in other leagues which have unions have seen a consistent rise in their pay. One of the biggest things is disclosing what other athletes are being paid. For years the Boston Bruins kept Ray Bourque's pay suppressed and then said "you want what?" Our best player Ray doesn't even get that. When you know what other similarly accomplished athletes are getting your value is easier to establish.

My wife works for a job that has a union and while I do see some of her colleagues take advantage and slack off most don't and we get to enjoy the benefits (health coverage, pension etc) that came from a union.
does her union job allow for her to rise above the field and make the most money the market will bear by being the best at what she does?

does her union job allow for her to rise above the field and make the most money the market will bear by being the best at what she does?
No but she is a teacher so its not a field that draws its revenue from performance. What her union does is make it so that good competent people can make a good living and not try to survive paycheck to paycheck like in some parts of the U.S. Breaking Bad was about a broke as hell teacher turning to meth dealing which wouldn't happen in Canada because our teachers aren't broke and desperate thanks to their union.

There is a place for the best to rise to the top and the others to be left behind but its not as simple as saying all unions are bad. When an entire society is all Grab it and Growl then you can never truly have any peace. A guy like Trump wouldn't last to his age without being killed for his money in a world like that so.....hmmm maybe we should do away with all unions?

Do you think these lawyers care? It's a lawyer trying to convince a bunch of dudes who are involved in a lucrative business deal that what the really need is to give him, a dude completely uninvolved in any aspect of this business venture, a whole bunch of money to oversee things. And he literally just invited himself to the party without a single person asking for his help.

Doesnt matter IMO.... this bullshit has to end someway. End justifies the means, just like big business does it in america. Fighter by themselves will not do what is best for them because they alll beleive they will be that top guy. Zuffa used that fact plus having all the leverage to laugh all the way to the bank.... 4 BILL TO BE EXACT.

yeah, fuck the guys at the bottom. this is for the guys at the bottom who deserve to be at the bottom. not the guys who deserve to be cut first. the union will fix that. and do you know what likeness means?

Huh? dont understand your post....... No I do not agree with you. This pay issue is complex..... If the share of the pie cannot go higher like people claim, than get rid of those bottom guys!!! The UFC doesnt want that because having all these fighters made allowed them to fulfill Fox deal... IMO this hurt the guys that are better than bottomfeeders as they could have received more. This fox deal didnt help the 250-300 true midlevel guy (as the ufc now reportedly has 500 fighters).

Unions are terrible. Legal mafias. Wouldn't be surprised if Lorenzo knew something

Argonians will not be allowed to join this guild.

racist1.gif

So.....What does Mark Hunt think about this?

He was whining and complaining that the UFC should have a union. Well...here these guys are offering just that.

Back