NY Law Firm tries to recruit fighters for union talks

So.....What does Mark Hunt think about this?

He was whining and complaining that the UFC should have a union. Well...here these guys are offering just that.
That union would be going to bat for lesnar right now.

Unions don't do anything to help the strong, they're made to protect the weak. I hope a union never gets made. All the fans that support a union are the same people who would sell their car for gas money.

Preach. unions aren't as they seem. you think all the people who work in the union halls, lawyers, counsel are there for free? No. They get a cut of all the dues paid. And they press agendas on the workers imposed by the politicians who line their pockets. Yes the fighters should make more. But I should've made more when I was working in the field, but I didn't. So I got my ass outta there.

Preach. unions aren't as they seem. you think all the people who work in the union halls, lawyers, counsel are there for free? No. They get a cut of all the dues paid. And they press agendas on the workers imposed by the politicians who line their pockets. Yes the fighters should make more. But I should've made more when I was working in the field, but I didn't. So I got my ass outta there.
Another dumb argument. What is your point.... You didnt, and......... they are the product and should get more. If this needs to be the way, than so be it!

Hard to create a union in combat sports. Look at wwe,boxing,etc. Why are people picking on the Ufc? Where does Bellator or wsof fit into this equation? Should a fighter with less than 5 Ufc fights be eligible? Do Conor want to share? So many factors.

Ufc can easily kill this and just make fighters employees.

It will definitely happen someday, maybe this will be the start of it

Another dumb argument. What is your point.... You didnt, and......... they are the product and should get more. If this needs to be the way, than so be it!

Wrong. They are contractors. They sign contracts to perform a job. I do it everyday. If I don't like the stipulations or certain wording in the contract, I don't sign it. I don't sign it and then complain about it. The unions aren't gonna solve shit. They seem like they are there for the workers, but they are generally in for themselves. The fighters should make more. I agree. I just don't think a union is the answer. What's the answer? I don't know. Nor do I really care, as I'm sure they don't care about how much you make.

Doesnt matter IMO.... this bullshit has to end someway. End justifies the means, just like big business does it in america. Fighter by themselves will not do what is best for them because they alll beleive they will be that top guy. Zuffa used that fact plus having all the leverage to laugh all the way to the bank.... 4 BILL TO BE EXACT.

What is best for them? That's independent contracting in a nutshell.

What is best for them? That's independent contracting in a nutshell.
They are not treated like independent contractors when it benefits the UFC. That is my issue

Thats probably why the UFC was about to be "owned" by China LOL. They were doing what every big company does by taking the factories overseas to avoid unions and court bills. Also this is a combat sport, its not about being fair its about being the best.

does her union job allow for her to rise above the field and make the most money the market will bear by being the best at what she does?

The evil NBA Players Association is really hurting guys like Lebron James and Kevin Durant.

american sports surely do have great testing, especially the one represented on your av
A much better argument would be had there been a union USADA never would have happened. Since it is here, a union will not make it go away. It's very unlikely. They did not make it go away in other sports.

yeshewould.gif
where is that gif from?

The problem is fighting is an individual sport, not a league team sport. There are inherit differences that make unionization almost impossible.

Back