Crime Nusrat Jahan Rafi: Burned to death for reporting sexual harassment

Anybody who criticizes Islam’s barbaric practices is a racist.

What a badass woman. Willing to fight back until the very end.

Fuck those pieces of shit, hope she makes your pathetic dog shit lives even worse somehow from beyond.

Surely. But religion is a great way to justify it. In fact it's the most efficient way to get otherwise good people to do horrible things.

It's a cancer on humanity and needs to be outgrown. There's nothing religion does for communities that can't be done secularly.

Fair enough. I just don't think it's a one-off type of deal. Extricating religion wouldn't end systemic oppression of women in conservative cultures.

I love selective generalizations.
Surely we can differentiate between a relatively benign tumor and stage 4 lung cancer.

Would you choose to have a "relatively benign tumor"?

Fair enough. I just don't think it's a one-off type of deal. Extricating religion wouldn't end systemic oppression of women in conservative cultures.
Agreed. To be sure, I think religion is dead weight holding advancement back to suit backwards superstitious dogma.

But if it were made illegal tomorrow I'd be marching for religious freedom.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

May she rest in peace and not be born into a shit hole country in the next life...

Diversity is strength. Embrace Islam.

Be that as it may, you don't need religion to be a traditionalist misogynistic cunt. Non-religious peoples were happy to treat women like property throughout history.

Islam is set in stone, it won't change. So when a population considers Islam as its' highest possible level of moral and judicial authority, literally given to them from God, it's completely rigid to positive changes. If these people were faithless, a lot of the barriers to change would disappear. Even looking at poor non-Muslim countries in Africa, the social dynamics between men and women are healthier and more relaxed than in the middle-east because it's not weighed down by the toxic burden of Islamic beliefs. They're poor but I'm thinking happiness is closer in reach, who knows what 100 or 200 years of economic development could produce. But the middle-east? They have to either get rid or heavily modify many foundational aspects of their culture and religion before human rights changes are possible. They won't be willing to do that.

Hmm, I wonder why these things always happen in islamic shitholes.

*shrugs*

Must be coincidence.

This typically happens in low education areas of the world. Not too long ago in a Central American country they burned a girl alive in the streets and it was all recorded.

It was pretty disturbing to watch because of how long it took her to die.

Last edited:

Would you choose to have a "relatively benign tumor"?

For many cultures, Religion is a means to enforce patriarchal norms and tribal interests. Some religions are benign, while others like Islam lend themselves to be used to advance aforementioned agendas. To fight the deep rooted oppression of women, religion (religions that provide justification for misogyny) must be taken to task.

Here is a benign religious practice. Rather endearing .
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...de-trunks-growing-plants-absorbed-nature.html

Here we have a barbaric crime and you use that as an opportunity to attack Western feminists??

If you were to allude to how Western liberals, of which feminists are a part of, give Islamic chauvinism a pass, then I would agree.

This incident isn't just Islamic ; Islam is part of the reason for the subjugation and intimidation of women but it also the barbaric attitudes in parts of South Asia.

One of the stupidest things I have ever read. Please post some examples of how the Western feminist constantly suffers so much more than this?

As far as I know I haven't heard of daily feminist burnings in any western country.

Look up "dark humor".

Or look up "humor" in general.

Also, get off your high horse. It's 2019 ffs. You guys think that shit still works?

Islam is set in stone, it won't change. So when a population considers Islam as its' highest possible level of moral and judicial authority, literally given to them from God, it's completely rigid to positive changes. If these people were faithless, a lot of the barriers to change would disappear.

This is completely silly and frankly historically ignorant. Islam has changed constantly over the centuries and across the world. During certain periods of economic growth, Islam was more liberal than Christianity. In the past sixty years, of course, there has been a huge right-wing push in Islam toward fundamentalist doctrine such as Wahhabism and Salafism, largely due to funding and political pressures from the United States, Soviet Union, and Britain (for instance, the United States channeled billions of dollars into Saudi Arabia's erection of right-wing Wahhabist mosques and movements in Pakistan and India). Meanwhile, if you look West of those countries to counties like Bosnia, you'll see a much more moderate and secular version of Islam practiced).

Over stage 4 cancer? Yes.

That's irrelevant. He said "religion is cancer," to which you responded "some cancers are worse than others." But no one wants cancer to begin with. I'm being pedantic, of course, but saying that ultraconservative religions are worse than comparatively liberal religions doesn't make the latter great.

Look up "dark humor".

Also, get off your high horse. It's 2019 ffs. You guys think that shit still works?
That wasn't humor, it was an attempt to belittle Western feminists using this atrocity.

Damn. What a brave and tough girl. 80% of the body covered in burns must be horrendously painful, but she still had the mental toughness to think "I won't let these bastards get away with this" and pushed through the pain to make a statement naming them.

The world just lost a complete badass. I hope her story spreads more so that her martyrdom can help make some change happen.

Glad she recorded it and gave it to the Police.

FUCK THOSE FUCKING PIECE OF HORSESHIT MOTHERFUCKERS!!

Hope they get AIDS and die for what they did. :mad:

Good lord....that's horrible.

Last edited:
This is completely silly and frankly historically ignorant. Islam has changed constantly over the centuries and across the world. During certain periods of economic growth, Islam was more liberal than Christianity. In the past sixty years, of course, there has been a huge right-wing push in Islam toward fundamentalist doctrine such as Wahhabism and Salafism, largely due to funding and political pressures from the United States, Soviet Union, and Britain (for instance, the United States channeled billions of dollars into Saudi Arabia's erection of right-wing Wahhabist mosques and movements in Pakistan and India). Meanwhile, if you look West of those countries to counties like Bosnia, you'll see a much more moderate and secular version of Islam practiced).

That's irrelevant. He said "religion is cancer," to which you responded "some cancers are worse than others." But no one wants cancer to begin with. I'm being pedantic, of course, but saying that ultraconservative religions are worse than comparatively liberal religions doesn't make the latter great.

It unnecessarily (or in your case, very necessarily) muddies the waters.
Just keeping @OverPressure honest, he's not that far gone.

Look up "dark humor".

As the consensus smartest person in the war room I was utilizing high iq 6d humor which your more primitive brain was obviously unable to comprehend.

Just ask anyone here, especially the right wingers who I have schooled about the way of the world time after time. Literally everyone in here has told me I'm the highest iq on Sherdog.

Disgusting..

not all cultures/traditions are equal...

not all "diversity" is good or "enriching."

This is the absolute zenith of what unfettered misogyny and "toxic" masculinity looks like.

Back