Crime Nusrat Jahan Rafi: Burned to death for reporting sexual harassment

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
_106475561_nusrat.jpg

Nusrat Jahan Rafi was doused with kerosene and set on fire at her school in Bangladesh. Less than two weeks earlier, she had filed a sexual harassment complaint against her headmaster.

On 27 March, after she went to the police, they arrested the headmaster. Things then got worse for Nusrat. A group of people gathered in the streets demanding his release. The protest had been arranged by two male students and local politicians were allegedly in attendance. People began to blame Nusrat. Her family say they started to worry about her safety.

Nevertheless, on 6 April, 11 days after the alleged sexual assault, Nusrat went to her school to sit her final exams.

"I tried to take my sister to school and tried to enter the premises, but I was stopped and wasn't allowed to enter," said Nusrat's brother, Mahmudul Hasan Noman.

"If I hadn't been stopped, something like this wouldn't have happened to my sister," he said.

According to a statement given by Nusrat, a fellow female student took her to the roof of the school, saying one of her friends was being beaten up. When Nusrat reached the rooftop four or five people, wearing burqas, surrounded her and allegedly pressured her to withdraw the case against the headmaster. When she refused, they set her on fire.

"One of the killers was holding her head down with his hands, so kerosene wasn't poured there and that's why her head wasn't burned," Mr Majumder told BBC Bengali.

But when Nusrat was taken to a local hospital, doctors found burns covering 80% of her body. Unable to treat the burns, they sent her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.

In the ambulance, fearing she might not survive, she recorded a statement on her brother's mobile phone.

"The teacher touched me, I will fight this crime till my last breath," you can hear her say.

She also identified some of her attackers as students at the madrassa.

_106490171_e1b942e1-56d8-4409-853f-f97d22bc72f3.jpg

Thousands of people attended her funeral.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47947117

Cliffs:

* Brave woman reports the headmaster at a religious school for sexually harassing her.
* Five burka wearing students burn her to death.
* Even, while dying, she is still fighting the crimes of the headmaster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Horrible crime, hopefully the headmaster and the murderous students will have the book thrown at them.

Okay why the fuck they burned her alive? political move? are those students on someone's payroll? I have so many questions. What a bunch of fucking animals, the lot of them.

Okay why the fuck they burned her alive? political move? are those students on someone's payroll? I have so many questions. What a bunch of fucking animals, the lot of them.
Good question! They have arrested some 15 people suspected of being involved to some degree in this horrific crime!

It takes courage to report a headmaster at a religious school of crimes and then students and local politicians demand his release. It’s mind boggling!

She got but a taste of the suffering that a western feminist faces daily.

RIP

_106475561_nusrat.jpg

Nusrat Jahan Rafi was doused with kerosene and set on fire at her school in Bangladesh. Less than two weeks earlier, she had filed a sexual harassment complaint against her headmaster.

On 27 March, after she went to the police, they arrested the headmaster. Things then got worse for Nusrat. A group of people gathered in the streets demanding his release. The protest had been arranged by two male students and local politicians were allegedly in attendance. People began to blame Nusrat. Her family say they started to worry about her safety.

Nevertheless, on 6 April, 11 days after the alleged sexual assault, Nusrat went to her school to sit her final exams.

"I tried to take my sister to school and tried to enter the premises, but I was stopped and wasn't allowed to enter," said Nusrat's brother, Mahmudul Hasan Noman.

"If I hadn't been stopped, something like this wouldn't have happened to my sister," he said.

According to a statement given by Nusrat, a fellow female student took her to the roof of the school, saying one of her friends was being beaten up. When Nusrat reached the rooftop four or five people, wearing burqas, surrounded her and allegedly pressured her to withdraw the case against the headmaster. When she refused, they set her on fire.

"One of the killers was holding her head down with his hands, so kerosene wasn't poured there and that's why her head wasn't burned," Mr Majumder told BBC Bengali.

But when Nusrat was taken to a local hospital, doctors found burns covering 80% of her body. Unable to treat the burns, they sent her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.

In the ambulance, fearing she might not survive, she recorded a statement on her brother's mobile phone.

"The teacher touched me, I will fight this crime till my last breath," you can hear her say.

She also identified some of her attackers as students at the madrassa.

_106490171_e1b942e1-56d8-4409-853f-f97d22bc72f3.jpg

Thousands of people attended her funeral.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47947117

Cliffs:

* Brave woman reports the headmaster at a religious school for sexually harassing her.
* Five burka wearing students burn her to death.
* Even, while dying, she is still fighting the crimes of the headmaster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Horrible crime, hopefully the headmaster and the murderous students will have the book thrown at them.
Execute every one of them.

Needs more evidence.
Clearly an accident.
Not arson.
RIP

South Asia has some serious awful forms of punishment. But yeah hopefully this flips society and people stop tolerating rape and covering it up

Any updates on the friend getting beat up on the roof?

Should burn them alive

Hmm, I wonder why these things always happen in islamic shitholes.

*shrugs*

Must be coincidence.

The worst part is that even if they convict anyone (good luck) it will be the equivalent of a wet noodle lashing.

Damn. What a brave and tough girl. 80% of the body covered in burns must be horrendously painful, but she still had the mental toughness to think "I won't let these bastards get away with this" and pushed through the pain to make a statement naming them.

The world just lost a complete badass. I hope her story spreads more so that her martyrdom can help make some change happen.

well according to the article the plan was to let her burn to death but it fell through because she was able to to run downstairs while on fire after her scarf burned and freed her hands and feet...

wtf... those responsible should be tortured for a year and then burned alive to be made an example.. fuck 'em...

Last edited:
There are probably still "those" guys in the West who think the man she accused is innocent and that the accusations were false.

well according to the article the plan was to let her burn to death but it fell through because she was able to to run downstairs while on fire because the scarf burned and freed her hands and feet...

wtf... those responsible should be tortured for a year and then burned alive to be made an example.. fuck 'em...
This part is incomprehensible.

Humans are the only ones to have evolved such that we've outpaced the instincts that preserve our species. If two wolves are fighting and one of them is getting beaten up he'll roll over and expose his belly. The victor won't kill him. Their society is managed with that principle- "we need to live together," and that principle transcends whatever personal disputes they have.

Humans have discarded that. It doesn't exist anymore. I don't understand how you have the gumption, the utter gall to light someone on fire and watch them burn.

"I will fight this crime til my last breath."

They burned eighty percent of her body and that stubborn bitch still wouldn't crack. Could you imagine her value to her community as a mother, or as a practioner in whatever field she choose?

This is actual feminism, and real martyrdom.

Back