Nunes Will Have Had The Best Year of Any Female Fighter Ever If She Beats Ronda

shes going to cleave Ronda bad. Ronda will try to either bum rush her and get countered to death like Holly did or worse she will play the stand up game and get fucking destroyed by the longer better fighter with a great jab. Ronda is fucked.

Uhhh....because it's not a kickboxing match and Ronda will probably take her down and sub her before she lands anything significant?

Ronda got cracked by Holm's first punch and she was a walking punching bag. Nunes isn't an idiot... obviously it's possible.

We will see soon enough lol

If there was even one more round against Shevchenko. Nunes would have lost...Guaranteed.

I'd have a real hard time ever voting for someone with a 3 round fight during the year.

And Ronda won the belt, and defended twice in a one year span.

I think you could have ended with: And Ronda won the belt and defended.

I'd root for Ronda regardless because she's my favorite WMMA fighter but I really want her to win so there's a champion who can actually defend the belt. This isn't the HW division where any punch landed could be lights out we're talking about. The WBW champ should be able to defend at least one time. It's becoming a bit ridiculous at this point.

Honestly, I'm slightly disappointed Ronda is Amanda's first defense because I wanted to see someone other than Ronda defend at least once and naturally I can't root for a successful defense when Ronda is the challenger.

I don't see how Nunes loses against Ronda. She's got nasty kicks, sick combos, legit power and amazing balance. She's gonna butcher Ronda up on the feet and end it, quick.

Their breakdowns are always enjoyable. I don't fully agree with their assertion that Amanda has more years of martial arts experience. It may technically be true that she's trained longer but Amanda and Ronda grew up training martial arts at different levels. I don't think you can compare somebody who competed on the national stage and did well enough to go to the Olympics at 17 with someone who trained at their local gym and maybe did a few local tournaments. Completely different levels.

Other than that, great breakdown with some excellent points.

To your point, there are plenty of ways for Ronda to beat Amanda the most obvious of which is to armbar her.

Back