Nunes Will Have Had The Best Year of Any Female Fighter Ever If She Beats Ronda

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC 196 - beats Schevchenko by UD
UFC 200 - Dethrones Meisha brutally to win the title
UFC 207 - defending against Rousey in the main event of another huge card

If she wins against Ronda, she'll have beaten three top 5 fighters, won the title, defended it, and beat the WMMA GOAT all in a calendar year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

P4P number 1 fighter too imo.

I already said Nunes if FOTY with a win in an older thread.

So if this is an original thought on your part TS then good shit.

Was Schevchenko top 5 when she beat her? That seems weird.

Ronda is the GOAT thus far but that doesn't mean much because WMMA is still so young in the UFC.

I had to laugh when Rogan called her a "once ever" athlete. She won a bronze medal in the Olympics (which, as we know, is 3rd place) and she dominated a brand new division for 2 years. There are women who have won upwards of 7-8 gold medals in sports that have been around for hundreds and hundreds of years and have sky-high competition levels, and we were supposed to buy Ronda a "once ever" athlete? Shit man

Ronda is dangerous, but i see nunes taking this one, matchup favors her

Can WMMA just go away already? It's pathetic.

No, Ronda blowing through everyone in 15 seconds is far more impressive. Including multiple girls Nunes lost to

I intended to argue, looked up some records

Ur right tho, i agree

I think Ronda had the Mike Tyson effect, had everyone super intimidated. No one is scared of her now. Her aura is crushed. I doubt she bounces back into domination. I think it's highly possible her last fight will be on the 30th. But I also thought Aldo was going to destroy Connie.

Ok, ok, decent point. I'm listening, I'm listening.

Beating Ronda and Miesha would arguably be beating the best other 2 BWs ever (plus Shevchenko might be up there too, though not as proven yet), so yes.

UFC 196 - beats Schevchenko by UD
UFC 200 - Dethrones Meisha brutally to win the title
UFC 207 - defending against Rousey in the main event of another huge card

If she wins against Ronda, she'll have beaten three top 5 fighters, won the title, defended it, and beat the WMMA GOAT all in a calendar year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Feb. 2014 thru Feb. 2015 for Rousey:
  • Defended UFC title against McMann
  • Defended UFC title against Davis
  • Defended UFC title against Zingano
  • Spent less than 2 minutes inside the Octagon
  • Won an Espy
  • Featured in major motion picture starring Frank Stallone's brother
  • Started filming two other major motion pictures

Back