NST for Tendonitis

Wolverine

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Some of you may know that I have had some elbow tendonitis for some time. It comes and goes. The more I grapple (BJJ) the more it bothers me.

I read something about NST (Neurostructural Integration Technique) where it helps the body heal. One of the things it helps heal is tendonitis problems.

This is the article I read:

http://www.mercola.com/nst/explain.htm

I don't know too much about this and was wondering if any of you had some experience in this.

Thanks!

Wolverine
///

No one has ever heard of this?

Wolverine
///

I have.............

My co-worker practices the Bowen technique. I don't fully understand how it works. I feel like it goes against the grain of most traditional medicine. From what I can gather, it's a neuromuscular technique where you stimulate the muscle proprioceptors and in turn your body will then relax the muscle. It's a set of techniques or a series of moves performed on you. (The therapist plucks you muscle almost, like a guitar string at certain points in a sequence)

I've seen him treat some pretty complicated patients and have it work. But most of those patients have chronic debilitating pain such as CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) and Fibromyalgia and pain that has an emotional component.

It may work for and it may not. It's not exactly scrutinized by repeated testing thru controlled studies. To me it falls under "Alternative Medicine", along with acupuncture.

In my opinion it's placebo. But if it works for you, go for it. The techniques are so gentle it won't harm you.

This by the way is a link to a treatment option that is the exact opposite (more traditional, with scientific studies backing it, and painful :D ):
http://www.performancedynamics.com/patients.htm

Nothing wrong with it, give it a try. Mercola has some good stuff too

physicaltherapy said:
I have.............

My co-worker practices the Bowen technique. I don't fully understand how it works. I feel like it goes against the grain of most traditional medicine. From what I can gather, it's a neuromuscular technique where you stimulate the muscle proprioceptors and in turn your body will then relax the muscle. It's a set of techniques or a series of moves performed on you. (The therapist plucks you muscle almost, like a guitar string at certain points in a sequence)

I've seen him treat some pretty complicated patients and have it work. But most of those patients have chronic debilitating pain such as CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) and Fibromyalgia and pain that has an emotional component.

It may work for and it may not. It's not exactly scrutinized by repeated testing thru controlled studies. To me it falls under "Alternative Medicine", along with acupuncture.

In my opinion it's placebo. But if it works for you, go for it. The techniques are so gentle it won't harm you.

This by the way is a link to a treatment option that is the exact opposite (more traditional, with scientific studies backing it, and painful :D ):
http://www.performancedynamics.com/patients.htm

Thanks for the feedback. I will check out the website.

This tendoitis shit is really stressing me. It is really holding me back on working out and BJJ.

Thanks!

Wolverine
///

Back