• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now you see why no one wanted to fight Islam...

Don't worry, new excuses will soon replace the old ones. Sherdog is taking a small hiatus and they will be back here letting us know of the new list.

Islam was one of the most ducked fighters in recent memory, people that complained about his resume conveniently forgot that little detail

what about the detail that he said he'd fight RDA and then reneged?

Should but will not, not that Dariush should take another fight in the mean time, he might end up doing it tho but he could be next after Islam vs Volk with or without another fight, keep in mind this is giving the opportunity to the dominating champ a division below, its not a chance at anything for Makhachev, its another defense for him, one that doesnt carry the same "legacy" as he would beat a smaller guy coming up to challenge him.
Volk really got himself in the good graces by saying he'd come to fight if either Islam or Charles pulled out but I'm tired of these champ vs champ fights. What really sucks for Islam is if he wins which I think he would in that match up people will still find a way to hate because it was against a guy moving up. He can't win no matter what he does lol.

But he didn't.

Charles called out Conor and repeatedly downplayed Islam's candidacy. When Charles had to take this fight to regain the vacant strap that's when he took it.

Just facts is all.

But the whole thread is about nobody wanting to fight him

He literally just got done with someone wanting to fight him

<{vega}>

He reneged on fighting someone on 6 days notice after having just finished a fight and weight cut, you think that proves something lol?

yeah, it proves he ducked someone HE called out. it's pretty simple. Bobby Green didn't duck Islam on short notice.

He is humble and I like him because he is cool. I don’t like big mouthed people unless they always bring it
I hear that, and I guess he's a private guy, but I've never heard him give an opinion, say how he's feeling, or really talk about anything other than training, opponents, or religion...

Its like he's something they made in a lab during the Chechnya conflict... Like... Khabib wasnt exactly Rick James, but he still had a jovial relationship with DC, and cracked the odd joke... I'm not sure I've ever even seen Islam smile.

yeah, it proves he ducked someone HE called out. it's pretty simple. Bobby Green didn't duck Islam on short notice.
That’s literally not what a duck is. You can’t duck something that isn’t a reasonable expectation, fighting someone on 6 days notice isn’t a reasonable expectation.

I hear that, and I guess he's a private guy, but I've never heard him give an opinion, say how he's feeling, or really talk about anything other than training, opponents, or religion...

Its like he's something they made in a lab during the Chechnya conflict... Like... Khabib wasnt exactly Rick James, but he still had a jovial relationship with DC, and cracked the odd joke... I'm not sure I've ever even seen Islam smile.

my man is probably on the spectrum. just look at his eyes. it's like a completely blank slate. they just upload fight videos onto his harddrive whenever they're preparing him for a fight.

That’s literally not what a duck is. You can’t duck something that isn’t a reasonable expectation, fighting someone on 6 days notice isn’t a reasonable expectation.

hey, tell that to Islam. he's the one who volunteered
<{outtahere}>

Also, this:
RectangularMintyBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif
@Busgosu....Also thiss-l500 (1).jpg

No, he tried to get his championship back. The UFC told him what he had to do. He was forced in to this fight - he did not take it.

Do you have proof? Or is this delusional fan talk?

One thing for sure is he signed the agreement to fight and "UFC" didn't not hold his hand to do it

Do you have proof? Or is this delusional fan talk?

One thing for sure is he signed the agreement to fight and "UFC" didn't not hold his hand to do it
Probably didn't, but let's be real, he was stripped, thus had no leverage, Dana could have just fucked him over like he always does and said he doesn't want to fight a top contender and made Dariush vs Islam for the vacant belt

Back