News Nov 2 Katie Taylor v Christina Linardatou to Headline Manchester for the WBO Super-Lightweight Title

GoldenAzazel

GM of PWD. 2020, 2022 PWD Poster of the Year
Platinum Member
Reaction score
EEqVO1sW4AAaN9J

So Katie Taylor is moving up in weight to challenge for the WBO Super-Lightweight championship, instead of facing Persoon in the rematch. Here's the card so far:

(C) Christina Linardatou v Katie Taylor (14-0) (12-1) - WBO Super-Lightweight title
Anthony Crolla (34-7-3) v Frank Urquiaga (13-1-1) - This will be Crolla's last ever fight.
(C) Felix Cash (11-0) v Jack Cullen (17-1) - Commonwealth Middleweight title

Last edited:
Bit of controversy at the press conference as well about the rematch clause in the Katie Taylor fight.

Bit of controversy at the press conference as well about the rematch clause in the Katie Taylor fight.

if she's literally, in tears crying about a rematch clause, i think she's already lost the fight

if she's literally, in tears crying about a rematch clause, i think she's already lost the fight
Also, why agree to the match if the contract was that bad? Her manager just embarrassed her in front of thousands of people, and also made himself look like a weak negotiator who can't do best for his fighters.

No wonder Eddie is running shit, all these fucks complain AFTER the deal is done. Fucking muppets.

Still, not the fight I want to see, I really want Taylor vs Serrano or the Delfine rematch. No need to move up yet.

No wonder Eddie is running shit, all these fucks complain AFTER the deal is done. Fucking muppets.

Still, not the fight I want to see, I really want Taylor vs Serrano or the Delfine rematch. No need to move up yet.
Same thing with Chisora and Ruiz. They'll happily sign the fight but then try to go back on their word after.

Yeah, I think pretty much everyone wanted to see the Persoon rematch tbh. It's nice to see Buatsi taking more of a step up in competition now though. I think that's the fight I'm most interested in on the card.

I actually forgot Taylor was given the win v Persoon, and had to check out why it wasnt a rematch considering it was a draw(which it wasnt officially)

Hearn is great at protecting his fighters, it's his job...he cant be making a lot of money off female fights

Not even joking. That's legit the plan from what people are saying. Devin Haney too

That may be the deathbed of the sport for Eddie...or maybe he has just sold out that much, that he doesnt one single fuck now Joshua and his Dad arent a fan of his

That may be the deathbed of the sport for Eddie...or maybe he has just sold out that much, that he doesnt one single fuck now Joshua and his Dad arent a fan of his
I ain't watching the card either way tbh, but if it wasn't Hearn then it would gave been Haymon or someone else. You'd be stupid to turn down easy money like that if you were a boxing promoter. At least Hearn is putting some actual worth while talent on the card to showcase to a casual audience.

Its odd to see people headlining events with undercard fighters they would have no chance of beating.

Its odd to see people headlining events with undercard fighters they would have no chance of beating.
Well usually the bigger name and/or World titles take precedence, right?

Good to see Blake Caparello get a big opportunity. Though seems every time he does step up the competition he loses, hope this time it's different

That press conference has had 6mio views already......you can understand the appeal of a boxer like BJ fighting on a card with such world wide exposure......I am not saying its right just I understand both sides.

Lol he just mugged off his own fighter. Pahahaha.

White knighting knows no bounds

Lol he just mugged off his own fighter. Pahahaha.

White knighting knows no bounds
His proper response should've been "And if you would've given Wilder his rematch clause, Joshua wouldn't be damaged goods right now"

His proper response should've been "And if you would've given Wilder his rematch clause, Joshua wouldn't be damaged goods right now"
Wilder had a rematch clause with the DAZN deal though, didn't he?

Back