1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

News Nov 2 Katie Taylor v Christina Linardatou to Headline Manchester for the WBO Super-Lightweight Title

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by GoldenAzazel, Sep 17, 2019.

1. svmVR2097

svmVR2097 Purple Belt

Think Floyd would've gone back to Top Rank just to get a fight with Manny? Asking him to leave Showtime(though he was a free agent at the time i think), while smart business wise for DAZN, is almost a non-starter in any contract negotiation.

2. GoldenAzazel

GoldenAzazel General Manager of PWD Platinum Member

He was a free agent. He was also bragging about how being a free agent gives him so much freedom. I don't see the problem with offering a free agent 3 fights on a platform that's gonna give him millions more than he's ever earned per fight.

3. svmVR2097

svmVR2097 Purple Belt

and what about where the fight is located? what drug testing would be used, if it's in the UK, is it just UKAD? how much media he would have to do leading up to the fight? What about what he got to stay at Showtime on a per fight basis, DAZN and Top Rank essentially just told him what he's worth, that's negotiating power to keep the HW champion on Showtimes network.

What Happens if DAZN signs him, then decides to hold a PPV for the Joshua matches and his flat rate falls short of what he'd make on the backend with ppv points?

4. GoldenAzazel

Well if any of that was the case, they never said it. It was "We need more time to build Wilder's brand before we take that fight".

5. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

Taylor should be embarrassed holding those belts. Persoon gave both L's but Taylor was gifted a decision so I guess this makes sense? She made Taylor look stupid.

6. GoldenAzazel

It wasn't that bad of a scorecard imo. I'd have to rewatch it, but I think I only had Persoon winning by a round or maybe 2.

7. Woodstock99

Woodstock99 Purple Helmet Belt Double Yellow Card

Persoon won anyway, no need for a rematch. Let Taylor carry on conning fans like her idol Conor.

vapor&dust likes this.
  8. Yacob

Yacob WBC Interim Junior Welterweight White Truffle Belt

I don't know man....even Taylor was surprised by the decision....her and her corner looked defeated

9. GoldenAzazel

I'll give it a rewatch a some point. Either way I believe Persoon deserves a rematch because of how close it was.

Mr.Maelstrom and Yacob like this.
  10. Yacob

Oh yeah 1000%

That was actually a sick fight. I am kind of an asshole when it comes to hyping women boxers when there's like 40 people in an entire division....but that was a legit battle

Hearn knows his girl got whipped. He doesn't want to lose his little star, he's trying really hard to put her on some level that she just simply will never be at...she's like 33 and doesn't have anything close to prodigious talent on a real honest scale.

Take out genders and just look at raw materials....she doesn't have anything that "pops". It is a harsh reflection of how low the talent is in women's boxing

Yall can call me an incel or whatever but i probably spend more time in a boxing gym than any of you so....

11. GoldenAzazel

I don't think it's just down to gender. She's Irish as well, and that always helps with the popularity lol

Mr.Maelstrom and Yacob like this.
  12. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Taylor lost that fight (and I'm a fan), defo rematch as decision was dodgy as fuck. Taylor knew it, crowd knew it and people at home knew it.

Fuck this pop up add btw, every few minutes it takes up half my screen, fuck off with that shit.

vapor&dust, Yacob and GoldenAzazel like this.
  13. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

try Brave browser

Reyesnuthugr and Athenry04 like this.
  14. Yacob

Yeah she has a good following it seems.

I can logically see why you'd want to push someone like Taylor....she's as close to a money fighter as women's boxing has, Shields is probably p4p the best, which is funny because she's a huge girl, but nobody gives a shit and they put her on Showtime which is basically the worst major platform to be on as far as exposure

But with Taylor there's a built in following and she did literally everything as an amateur too...but her resume' is so much bigger than her talent. With Shields, her talent vastly surpasses the "give a shit" factor from the general public

We don't really care where you're from here in America. We're all basically displaced immigrants on some level no matter which way you slice it and everyone is mixed so we just don't give a fuck either way.....Taylor has an actual country behind her.

To get big here you have to have some serious sizzle. It kinda sucks in a way...i wish we were passionate like europeans. They have that feeling of having one of their own people....it'd be cool to experience that side of things

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  15. Martialbeef

Martialbeef Brown Belt

Persoon beat Taylor, ridiculous that they aren't rematching.

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  16. MB5161

MB5161 Orange Belt

Persoon beat the shit out of Taylor. Taylor is moving up so she doesn't have to fight Persoon again. Eddie Hearn is a piece of garbage-there definitely should be a rematch clause because title is on the line, and its already been shown that Taylor can get a bullshit decision. All that being said, Linardatou's manager is useless as tits on a bull.

GoldenAzazel and vapor&dust like this.
  17. Bronzehawkattack

Bronzehawkattack Yellow Belt

They want to convince us that Katie is the best female boxer ever but wont even rematch the opponent even Sky pundits said she deserved the L against?
    Unreal. Pathetic matchmaking.

18. MB5161

MB5161 Orange Belt

At least Eddie Hearn is keeping his fighter safe.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  19. GoldenAzazel

The card's on right now if anybody's interested. Bakole just fought

20. treelo

treelo //Do something here

i like Taylor, she boxes rather than the usual shit you see from most female fighters

she got real lucky in the Persoon fight, she just got out hustled and outfought and was given a draw....i think..she didnt deserve anything other than a loss in that fight

GoldenAzazel likes this.