Not Just a Cohencidence (Mueller/Investigation Thread v.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@waiguoren I can't take the bet you made in the closed thread (I still don't have confidence Trump will be impeached, and zero confidence he'll voluntarily step down). Not sure how you feel about Tuesday's events with Cohen and Manafort, but it felt like you believe it's not a big deal (you mentioned Manafort was only 4 months and Cohen only sometimes). If that's true, it's fairly crazy. 4 months leading your campaign is a huge deal and many people came out and said how much Manafort helped Trump. And Cohen was his long time personal attorney. I'm not sure how you can get anymore inside the "inner circle" than those two positions quite frankly.
lol it'll get more inside when Don Jr. gets charged, then the narrative will be "Oh he wasn't even his favorite child, he was a drunk at Wharton that embarrassed his dad constantly!"

An up to date reminder list.

Trump personal lawyer Michael Cohen, guilty

Paul Manafort, campaign chairman, guilty

Rick Gates, deputy campaign chair, guilty

Michael Flynn, national security advisor, guilty

George Papadopoulos, foreign policy advisor, guilty

I don't know enough about that case to speak about it.

Excellent deflection though.
It's not a deflection. You should look into the case. It's extremely similar to the Cohen situation and resulted in a not guilty verdict on one count and a hung jury on five others.

Already happened. Manafort's tax problems have not been shown to have anything to do with "Russia collusion".

That appears to fall under "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation"

That appears to fall under "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation"
Yeah, but next thing you know he'll be going through your dog's leavings in the backyard.

unpwr.gif

It's not a deflection. You should look into the case. It's extremely similar to the Cohen situation and resulted in a not guilty verdict on one count and a hung jury on five others.
It was a textbook deflection. Try to stay on topic.

Also, you asked for something specific, and I gave it to you. It seems you have no answer other than to deflect. Care to comment on the matters I brought up pertaining to the Mueller investigation?

Those sleazes just took advantage of Trump's trusting nature and sterling reputation to grab positions where they could engage their nefarious schemes. Even though apparently everyone Trump ever worked with was a crook, he himself would never engage in any corrupt dealings (not counting stuff like money laundering or running a scam university or other things that everyone does).

Last edited:

tenor.gif

You are joking, right?

LOL! So it looks like the next step in the evolution of hack arguments is, "any criminal activity that Trump engaged in that isn't directly tied to Russia is OK." Somehow I suspect, "it's OK for politicians to commit crimes as long as Russia isn't directly involved" isn't a position that these guys consistently apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back