Elections North Carolina House Results

That's certainly an explanation. If that's correct, it is likely to continue too, and turn blue.

Yeah it's possible. However if I remember correctly during the 2016 presidential election only 3 of 100 counties in the whole state were blue. Mecklenburg, Anson and Wake. The other 97 were Red. But that's if my memory serves correctly. Part of mecklenburg and all of Anson counties are in the 9th district

This will be the Trump legacy. Driving out suburban traditional Republicans and turning them dem like in oc. This is also starting to happen in Texas. I thought it would take a decade for that to happen but this was before trump. He's accelerating it.

That's what you got from @Whippy McGee 's post? <Dany07>

Yeah definitely didnt Haha. Still, as far as the whole turning this red district blue, I wouldn't necessarily say people are turning against the Republican party as much as new residents are bringing up a more liberal and democratic population. I dont know many native born people here that are Democrats, but many of the newer residents are. Union county was the fastest growing county in the state for a long time.

Yeah definitely didnt Haha. Still, as far as the whole turning this red district blue, I wouldn't necessarily say people are turning against the Republican party as much as new residents are bringing up a more liberal and democratic population. I dont know many native born people here that are Democrats, but many of the newer residents are. Union county was the fastest growing county in the state for a long time.

Same result either way I guess. If there are even a similar shift across the state, then the dems have a very good chance of winning. In 2016 Trump won by about 3.5%. This race shifted 8 points from the previous election towards the Democrats. Half that difference across the state carries it for the dems. .

That assumes that a similar shift had happened though. And there is of course the question of Trump voters who didnt bother to attend the special election. He has been campaigning alot so youd think his base was there, but how many weren't is pretty speculative.

Same result either way I guess. If there are even a similar shift across the state, then the dems have a very good chance of winning. In 2016 Trump won by about 3.5%. This race shifted 8 points from the previous election towards the Democrats. Half that difference across the state carries it for the dems. .

That assumes that a similar shift had happened though. And there is of course the question of Trump voters who didnt bother to attend the special election. He has been campaigning alot so youd think his base was there, but how many weren't is pretty speculative.

Also one must take into account Mccready has essentially been campaigning for 2 years due to having to redo this election.

Biden needs to go there and do his thing. And by that I mean call it South Carolina and grope some women and children

K0nHox5.gif
Is this from a funeral?

This will be the Trump legacy. Driving out suburban traditional Republicans and turning them dem like in oc. This is also starting to happen in Texas. I thought it would take a decade for that to happen but this was before trump. He's accelerating it.
It's more of mass migration of dems from blue states who move to better opportunity and vote the same. Like cancer spreading.

Dirty pool in a House override of Gov Coopers budget veto today.

https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article234962017.html

Basically, most of the democrats were away at a 9/11 memorial ceremony. Everyone was told that the vote wouldn't happen until later. Republicans decided to show up and vote anyway.

About the vote: He said, he said

Democrats say the heart of the issue isn’t what was written on the calendar, but what they were told by House GOP leadership. House Democratic leader Darren Jackson of Wake County said he was told by Republican Rep. David Lewis, of Harnett County, that no votes would be held during the morning session. So Jackson told the Democratic caucus that they didn’t need to be there.

Lewis, who presided over the House Tuesday, denied that claim during the GOP press conference.

He acknowledged texting a WRAL reporter Tuesday night to tell her he thought there would be no votes during the Wednesday morning session. But Lewis didn’t relay that prediction to anyone else, he said.

“At any time that there has been a no-vote session scheduled, the chair has either announced that from the dais, or has sent an email, or both,” Lewis said. “None of those occurred yesterday.”

And yet, Democrats say they got the impression they didn’t need to be in attendance.

>>>> "impression" does not equal CONFIRMATION.

If they failed to realize that, that's their problem. <13>

About the vote: He said, he said

Democrats say the heart of the issue isn’t what was written on the calendar, but what they were told by House GOP leadership. House Democratic leader Darren Jackson of Wake County said he was told by Republican Rep. David Lewis, of Harnett County, that no votes would be held during the morning session. So Jackson told the Democratic caucus that they didn’t need to be there.

Lewis, who presided over the House Tuesday, denied that claim during the GOP press conference.

He acknowledged texting a WRAL reporter Tuesday night to tell her he thought there would be no votes during the Wednesday morning session. But Lewis didn’t relay that prediction to anyone else, he said.

“At any time that there has been a no-vote session scheduled, the chair has either announced that from the dais, or has sent an email, or both,” Lewis said. “None of those occurred yesterday.”

And yet, Democrats say they got the impression they didn’t need to be in attendance.

>>>> "impression" does not equal CONFIRMATION.

If they failed to realize that, that's their problem. <13>

So there's a confirmed text to a reporter saying it wouldn't happen. I wonder how the democrats would've assumed anything if they weren't told anything.

Its pretty obvious what was said and agreed upon. The entire Democratic chamber wouldn't miss a vote based on a hunch.

Dirty pool in a House override of Gov Coopers budget veto today.

https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article234962017.html

Basically, most of the democrats were away at a 9/11 memorial ceremony. Everyone was told that the vote wouldn't happen until later. Republicans decided to show up and vote anyway.

There's one key detail the story is leaving out.

The vote had been scheduled for September 11 for months.

Since all this media drama has happened, with North Carolina's own version of Elizabeth Warren screaming at their house leader, its obvious the Democrats aim to turn this state vote loss into a national PR win.

Dems knew the vote was on the morning of Sep 11, and they knew they were going to lose. 'Hey, lets skip the vote by going to the 9/11 memorial, and then act all outraged like the Republicans pulled a dirty trick!'

There's one key detail the story is leaving out.

The vote had been scheduled for September 11 for months.

Since all this media drama has happened, with North Carolina's own version of Elizabeth Warren screaming at their house leader, its obvious the Democrats aim to turn this state vote loss into a national PR win.
I agree that if no plans on a later vote were ever said or agreed upon, this would be a nothingburger. But Im preeeetty sure the democrats werent protesting or on strike, or just not showing up from stupidity, ignorance or laziness.

Clearly *some* kind of dialogue was going on between dems and the GOP. One side decided to stick with what was agreed on, the other used it to take advantage.

I agree that if no plans on a later vote were ever said or agreed upon, this would be a nothingburger. But Im preeeetty sure the democrats werent protesting or on strike, or just not showing up from stupidity, ignorance or laziness.

Clearly *some* kind of dialogue was going on between dems and the GOP. One side decided to stick with what was agreed on, the other used it to take advantage.

The only question and answer that is relevant is -

Question - "Did the Democrats know the vote was scheduled for September 11, and instead went to a memorial?"

Answer - "Yes."

But pay no attention to that, but listen to this ugly woman screaming like the House Speaker was her husband.

^^^ You are 100% correct. I live in Orange County, CA and we lost all the seats as the "harvested" votes by Democratic only operatives came in. We elected a damn Democrat Ohio Land Developer Carpetbagger that doesn't even surf bro here in Huntington Beach. That practice is illegal in North Carolina... and why we have these elections.

The Republicans in the CA legislature should vote to change the law while the Dems are at a 9/11 memorial service next year.

The only question and answer that is relevant is -

Question - "Did the Democrats know the vote was scheduled for September 11, and instead went to a memorial?"

Answer - "Yes."

But pay no attention to that, but listen to this ugly woman screaming like the House Speaker was her husband.

@The Diplomat , he does have a valid point here. <BC1>

Back