Elections North Carolina House Results

Agree to disagree. I think there is more relevant information involved here than just what date it was set.

Maybe.

But we're all going on what we know so far.

Until more info(if there is any) is revealed, this is what we got.

Dirty pool in a House override of Gov Coopers budget veto today.

https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article234962017.html

Basically, most of the democrats were away at a 9/11 memorial ceremony. Everyone was told that the vote wouldn't happen until later. Republicans decided to show up and vote anyway.

I still don't quite understand this whole thing. The legislature passed a budget - governor vetoed it - the dems are upset that their original passed budget is going to go through....

And the GOP doesn't have 30 members in the senate to overcome the veto anyway.

The Republicans in the CA legislature should vote to change the law while the Dems are at a 9/11 memorial service next year.

lol... Republicans in California can bring up no vote. It's a Super Majority of Democrats with all power left in their hands.

Did the Democrats know about the vote in North Carolina? I don't know and am asking for a friend.

lol... Republicans in California can bring up no vote. It's a Super Majority of Democrats with all power left in their hands.

Did the Democrats know about the vote in North Carolina? I don't know and am asking for a friend.

Sure they did. The Republicans said they would not hold the vote in the morning session. They even told journalists they would not. They held the vote anyway. They outplayed the Dems but have burned any chances of the good faith agreements on anything for the foreseeable future. Good for them.

No, they were told there would be no vote so legislators could go to the memorial.

So basically, Dems tried to dodge the vote by going to the memorial, thinking the Reps would't dare hold the vote for fear of having 9/11 used against them, and the Reps called their bluff.

The only question and answer that is relevant is -

Question - "Did the Democrats know the vote was scheduled for September 11, and instead went to a memorial?"

Answer - "Yes."

But pay no attention to that, but listen to this ugly woman screaming like the House Speaker was her husband.

That video is hilarious. Why are liberal tears so delicious? <45>

Sure they did. The Republicans said they would not hold the vote in the morning session. They even told journalists they would not. They held the vote anyway. They outplayed the Dems but have burned any chances of the good faith agreements on anything for the foreseeable future. Good for them.

I know politics is a contact sport, but using 9/11 for that move is pretty scummy. If you lived in California, you might feel for the Democrats in NC. I have watched too many times as the Democrats in California have pulled incredibly scumbag moves and it's not how leadership and government should be done.

Back