• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International None of the top 8 most expensive "cities" in the world are in red state America.

Did you forget the "supply" part of supply and demand?

You picked the 2 cities that are losing population the fastest, and they can't even import enough people from 3rd world countries fast enough to replace them.

Even if you did try to interpret "expensive" to mean "desirable", that would be the ones currently increasing the most, not the ones that have been the most expensive for decades and just haven't fallen because supply hasn't increased.

Like New York, births outnumbered deaths, and there was an increase in international residents. But it wasn't even close enough to overcome the loss of tens of thousands of residents who moved away.

People's egos won't allow them to ever admit this, but most people move out of NYC and LA because they get priced out. They aren't wealthy enough to take full advantage of living in those cities, so they move somewhere more affordable (i.e. less desirable).

1. Monaco
  2. New York City
  3. London
  4. Hong Kong
  5. Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
  6. Sydney
  7. Paris
  8. Los Angeles

Europe: 4 - Monaco, London, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Paris

Blue state America: 2 - New York City, Los Angeles

Asia: 1 - Hong Kong
Oceania: 1 - Sydney

Source
Hey Bozo, why don't you edit your thread title to actually reflect what this list was about?

The World’s Most Expensive Cities​

California is a beautiful state, but LA is a garbage city. Not sure why anyone would want to live there.

It's mostly the opposite.

Bakersfield, Modesto, San Bernadino, Stockton, Fresno etc are practically disaster areas.

🤣 LA arguably isn't a top 10 city in California let alone the World, but then again this is @codfather who does nothing but troll lists.

Oh, your blue cities are amazing!

It must be those great leaders that rule over and inhabit all of the blue ones!​

I don't wanna dox myself, so I won't tell you exactly where I live, but I l don't currently live in any of the most expensive cities from the source of this thread.

I lived in MA from the late 90s to the early 00s, and I've lived in FL at varying points, though I haven't lived in either for over 10 years.

Everything is going swimmingly in Florida, literally:

Gonna rain the whole weekend further. My Mom is having difficulty driving 8n and out of her neighborhood and she has an SUV

People's egos won't allow them to ever admit this, but most people move out of NYC and LA because they get priced out. They aren't wealthy enough to take full advantage of living in those cities, so they move somewhere more affordable (i.e. less desirable).
Cool, so any normal person gets "priced out", but it's right in the range for the homeless people and illegals who are moving in? Is this thing on?

There are actual lists of the most desirable places, and NYC isn't on any of them.

Last edited:
Edit:delete

nevermind-ignore-it.gif

Last edited:
  1. Monaco
  2. New York City
  3. London
  4. Hong Kong
  5. Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
  6. Sydney
  7. Paris
  8. Los Angeles

Source

This list was made by someone who has never been to any of these cities.

1. Monaco
  2. New York City
  3. London
  4. Hong Kong
  5. Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
  6. Sydney
  7. Paris
  8. Los Angeles

Source
New York City is a dump.
Cold frozen rat infested shithole with no real scenery or draw to it.

There are many better red or blue cities, like mostly all of them.

America is massive so it really depends on what you're looking for, especially if you're an outdoors type of person. I'm sure a person into hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating, skiing, etc etc can find a great city to live in to suit their wants.

Traditionally, Red State types are not about the cities... because you Blue State types fuck them up.

{<shrug}

It probably should be "Most desirable cities.........if you have a shit ton of money."

LA??? Might as well toss Chicago in there while we are at it.

Back