Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow I've two small soccer parlays:

$5 Norwich-Mansfield $26
$5 Norwich-Wolves $26

Norwich won 1-4 away
Mansfield won 2-3 away(injury time winner though)
Wolves tied 2-2 away & had a player sent off.

Also put a sm late $2.50 parlay on Norwich-Mansfield-Peterboro(won 2-3 away) that cashed $44

Soccer plays for tomorrow.
2u each on PSG (-150) and Barcelona(-163)
Other lines I like and have played (mostly small to medium):
PSV (-118), Atletico Madrid to win and u2.5 goals (+333), USA Women (+125), USA vs France Women u2.5 goals(-150)

Fml barca got destroyed 4-0. Oh well psg is winning 3-0 currently. Psv won and atletico is close to winning 1-0. Eases the pain a little.

Fml barca got destroyed 4-0. Oh well psg is winning 3-0 currently. Psv won and atletico is close to winning 1-0. Eases the pain a little.

USA women win 1-0. So weird that of all the picks it was Barcelona that didn't hit.

I put Liverpool in a sm parlay after seeing the starting line-ups. Barca aren't as deep into their Pre season & this was a meaningless game for them. Add in that Liverpool started their best XI, were at Wembley with a huge fan support & have a very pacy front 3 with decent composure ... against ... Barca's backline being slow & barely back off holiday ...........

+449 was too good to pass up:

$2.50 Liverpool-Bermudez-Ponz $32.93 W

Last edited:
Got some bets for the international:

Been doing well on bets, but horrible on posted bets. Think I've posted like five straight losing bets on dota 2 so take that for what it's worth:

Most picked hero (bans + picks)
2.1 Beastmaster over Bat @2.4 - Some teams doesn't use bat that often while BM is played by more or less everyone. Also a useful part of any push strat and gives lots of vision.

0.8u SD over Drow @5.0 People are bound to have figured out the drow strats by now, while SD is useful in both drowstrats to the point of being banned or picked almost always with it and also useful in a bunch of other situations.

0.8u AA over WW @2.1
This was probably a bad pick, I dunno.

Random bets:

2.5u Wings to pick most different heroes @6.5 (this one is seriously weird, Wings is a top5 team or so which means they'll play a lot of games and they are by far the most varied team in the tournament. I seriously feel this is on of my better bets in a long time)

Winner:

4.2u Winning region Europe @2.0 OG should be the favourites, Liquid and Secret has the ability to win and for hedgeing purposes I guess A and Na'vi could ad some value by going top8 or so. Newbee has lost a bunch of finals/semis to Liquid and I think they're slightly worse then OG in all kinds of ways. Wings has won some tournaments but they're retard-high on the variance and could lose to anyone and the rest of the china teams has all kinds of issues with visas and such. I think Europe should be something like -150 or so at least, so fairly big on it at evens.

2u Team Secret to win @13.5

I tend to like fading secret since they have a whole bunch of hit or miss players but given their talent level and the fact that they have the most decorated captain in Dota 2 history, the 2nd highest rated player in the world and probably the overall highest skill average in the world I just have to put a few units on them at 13.5.

Any thoughts on the tournament so far? Wings seem super inconsistent, possibly bet as underdog, fade as big favs, which i suspect they will be a lot of the time. OG just so solid all around, def. seems the favorites at the moment. Several less known teams doing good, Digital Chaos suprisingly solid.

Any thoughts on the tournament so far? Wings seem super inconsistent, possibly bet as underdog, fade as big favs, which i suspect they will be a lot of the time. OG just so solid all around, def. seems the favorites at the moment. Several less known teams doing good, Digital Chaos suprisingly solid.

This will be long lol

Lost a ton first few days then won most of it back.

My bets on Wings to pick most heroes seems really solid (2nd behind Escape but just two heroes behind and Escape will probably only play 1-4 more games while Wings could do a fair few more).

I think OG looks very good when they pick non-retarded stuff and Ehome looks really good too.

Added a unit on Secret to win at +10k or something (down to +5000 now), one unit on LGD +15k and 4u on OG @2.9 or something like that.

I agree on Wings being very hit or miss, I'm close-ish to bet DC against them at small + money. My old computer with all my notes crashed thought, so need to do some research all over again.

Winner's bracket

Ehome vs A - Will probably watch as a fan and livebet. Alliance needs outdrafts or some kind of way to manipulate the game into a late game strategy-heavy situation. I think I might livebet if A goes for some full on push draft with chen and strong lanes or if it goes past 40 and they have a mobility advantage (most likely furion and/or IO). Think odds might be right other then that, Ehome just looks really solid and they have some really good talented players. Also want to note that A drafted LD for Loda in their last game vs EG for probably the first time ever, which really messes up the banning phase for the other team since the traditional way to deal with A is to ban Bulldog heroes, but you can't really ban him out if A already picked his signature hero and also the hero with the highest winrate in the tournament first phase with an option to play that hero on someone else. That might force Ehome to blockpick either LD or IO first phase or let drow through a lot. Might turn out weird.

DC vs Wings - Flip a coin I guess, both teams has some really weird drafts up their respective sleeves. Gonna watch out for the way they match up late game since both teams are quite solid early and individually. Unless some really strange outdraft happens I think they will have long games. Tempted to bet DC since they look like they've put their game together really well but Wings are just scary. That said I feel that whoever loses will have a fairly scary match up in the lower bracket (Secret/LGD winner I think) so we might see some really out there pocket strats if one team feels desperate after the first game. That's kind of my only prediction, some really weird drafts in game 2.

OG vs MVP - MVP might take a game if OG fucks around with their drafts, which they probably will to keep people on their toes for later rounds. Would be hugely surprised if MVP gets close to winning the series thought.

EG vs Newbee - I honestly don't feel that either team looks great. Both are quite solid in general thought and I feel Newbee mostly gets beat by either really good teams (ehome) or really weird teams (DC) and EG isn't either of those. There are some really obvious keys to victory here for newbee such as get a good match up mid to make sure Sumail doesn't snowball, don't get cheesed and just play solid so I might take them 2-0 @+190 or whatever. It's just hard to imagine that a EG with a carry with health issues (tennis elbow, can't play that much), a guy who skipped out on pro gaming for almost a year and a bunch of people who hasn't looked in form for a long time could take out arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team so far this year. Not a solid lean thought, no bet so far for me.

Loser's bracket:
TNC vs VG.R -
Looking to bet VG.R as small dogs, but I'll wait and see what they draft. Will pass if they draft anything hard to execute.

Secret vs LGD - Two supertalanted teams who has been really hit or miss. Whoever wins this will be my dark horse for the loser's bracket. In general I think LGD might be the better team right now, but Secret has higher potential and they probably feel really good after ending the group stage 2-0'ing Liquid. I think Secret might go for stronger lanes and LGD for better high ground defense and team fight. If Secret gets a coherent draft with one or two solid defensive heroes that enables RTZ or EE to go crazy it might be Secret or pass but if they keep getting weird stuff that doesn't fit together and have no plan B if straight up outplaying people fails I think it's LGD or pass. Overall I think Secret has more issues to deal with but they're also easier to deal with for the most part, which is why I think I might end up picking them.

Fnatic vs Escape - Betting Escape as dogs if they get Lone druid, Invoker or Tinker. Betting Escape if Fnatic picks Invoker for Mushi. Other then that I'll probably pass unless it's pure outdrafts. Can't imagine either team going far unless Fnatic suddenly remembers not to suck.

Liquid vs Navi - On paper Liquid should stomp, but it's a best of one against a super aggressive team. Horrible spot to be in for one of the pre tournament favorites. Both teams love aggression so if either team gets a clearly better pushing line up (Lycan seems like a key pick) I'll bet that I think and if that doesn't happen I'll go for whoever has better team fight. Might actually be dog or pass give the high variance of Navi and the best of 1 format for the first round of the loser's bracket.

Bets/futures
I like a European team to win at +120 or better , OG to win at 2.9 or whatever I found it at and LGD/Secret winner at a combined odds of +4k or better (so you gotta find them at and average odds of +8000 or something I guess before it's worth it). With current odds I'd take LGD straight at +10k or better, say what you want about how they've played, and let's be honest, it hasn't been terrible, but they're still a bunch of really high level cores, two proven support players and probably the most decorated and talented captain in Chinese dota 2 history. I'll happily throw away a unit on them to win 100+ units if it hits.

Let me just quote joindota on Newbee's 2014 TI-winning run captained by current LGD captain Xiao8:

"Newbee earned a direct invite to TI4 but struggled initially, finishing 7-8 in the second playoff phase before defeating LGD Gaming and Mousesports in tiebreakers for 9th place. However, they did not lose another series the rest of the way, first defeating Titan, Natus Vincere and Invictus Gaming to progress to the top 8 main event in the winners' side. At the main event, they defeated Vici Gaming and then Evil Geniuses to set up an all-Chinese grand final against Vici Gaming - which was also a matchup of two teams who enjoy forming deathballs. VG took the first game, but Newbee came back to take the next three and the $5 million first prize, including a 19-3 blitzing in the decisive Game 4 in just over 15 minutes."

I'll be fucked if Ehome or another non-euro, non-LGD team wins lol.

Went medium on OG -1.5 @evens after first game draft. Think they'll go full tryhard.

edit: Annnnd I'm 6 straight losing bets posted in this tread I think.

Last edited:
Baseball:

Dodgers (small bit on Dodgers -1.5 at evens also)
Rockies (also putitng half a unit on Texas TT under and Rockies -1.5)

Baseball:

Taking the u10.5 on Rockies/Rangers. I know it's Coors but both pitchers have been terrific lately.

Also playing Det/Sea u7.5 and u4 first 5 innings and Baltimore ML and -1.5.

Taking the u10.5 on Rockies/Rangers. I know it's Coors but both pitchers have been terrific lately.

Also playing Det/Sea u7.5 and u4 first 5 innings and Baltimore ML and -1.5.
I put a small bit down on Seattle over Detroit only bc I think this line is wrong and trappy. Fulmer is this big of a dog when the Tigers are playing well? lol weird

Uefa supercup Real Madrid vs Sevilla: Over 2.5 Goals and Over 2.5 goals and both teams to score.
Also small on Sevilla draw or win and Sevilla draw no bet. Real Madrid is missing Bale, Ronaldo, Pepe, Benzema, Kroos and Navas. Their team is still strong but missing all those players gives Sevilla an even better chance to not lose in 90 minutes.

Rockies are you fucking kidding me? Give up 3 runs in the last inning to blow a 2 run lead

Baseball:

I put a small bit down on Seattle over Detroit only bc I think this line is wrong and trappy. Fulmer is this big of a dog when the Tigers are playing well? lol weird

if it werent for the 9th inning meltdown by the Rockies, i would have had a perfect day and been up somewhere around 5u on the day. ah!

Randy Orton at +3xx is worth at least a unit at WWE Summerslam. Might put 2-3U on it.

On Dodgers -1.5 again today. dont wanna pay the juice w a pitcher who has imploded a few times this year

Uefa supercup Real Madrid vs Sevilla: Over 2.5 Goals and Over 2.5 goals and both teams to score.
Also small on Sevilla draw or win and Sevilla draw no bet. Real Madrid is missing Bale, Ronaldo, Pepe, Benzema, Kroos and Navas. Their team is still strong but missing all those players gives Sevilla an even better chance to not lose in 90 minutes.

Both over 2.5goals bets hit.

Sevilla draw or win hit.

Sevilla draw no bet pushes on last friggin minute goal. I hate Real Madrid.

Randy Orton at +3xx is worth at least a unit at WWE Summerslam. Might put 2-3U on it.

Idk man Bork is so big. That suplex is so powerful. They're both roided to the eyeballs.

Seriously that's not a bad bet. For Randy to comeback from injury and just lose to brock it'd be weird.

Wow MLB lines just awful today I can't find any real value. Was excited to fade both pitchers in ATL/MIL matchup (even with below average offenses) then I see the o/u is 10! Ugh.

Maybe I'll go square and bet the Cubs -1.5. I like Lackey and the Cubs lineup vs Weaver. Not going big at all though.

Wow MLB lines just awful today I can't find any real value. Was excited to fade both pitchers in ATL/MIL matchup (even with below average offenses) then I see the o/u is 10! Ugh.

Maybe I'll go square and bet the Cubs -1.5. I like Lackey and the Cubs lineup vs Weaver. Not going big at all though.
I got the Atl/Mil over last night at 9. Went up a full run today which sucks bc I was considering adding more. What do I think about Boston -1.5?

Edit sorry I meant St Louis -1.5 lol. I was just looking into the Boston game and I accidentally typed that

^^^^^I only bet the Cubs -1.5 for .75u LOL. And they're already down 1-0. Just nothing I liked at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back