Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went medium on OG -1.5 @evens after first game draft. Think they'll go full tryhard.

edit: Annnnd I'm 6 straight losing bets posted in this tread I think.

OG out to TNC? What the fuck is going on, lol

Going big on QPR ML over Swinton tomorrow for English premier league. Maybe will also play small parlay with Aston Villa.

the win they got in game2 was like the best comeback i have ever seen in e-sports. they were 10k gold down at the 15 minute mark and when they won the game they were still like 20k gold down lol... just incredible...

but ya seems pretty much impossible to predict games in this ti almost all the games turn 180 multiple times during the games.. so many huge comebacks and upsets already.. lately i have been going for some livebets on teams that are behind which has good so far.. for example got tnc at +900 on map2 after they had won multiple late game fights and it was obvious OG could not handle huskar

keep an eye on danskespil/betfair odds during lategame they are horible at adjusting the lines.. you can even do major freerolls if you have betfair/danskespil and a pinnacle account.. for example on map2 at one point TnC was +600 on betfair/ds while pinnacle had even odds ;) and its been like that in alot of games.

Last edited:

Dude OG has lost me so much money this tournament.

Also I think my picks and analysis might have been the most off I've seen on this forum outside of Barry for a long time. Managed to have a decent day yesterday due to soem livebets and such but I'm still down a lot on this tournament (I count my EU-team to win as a loss more or less at this point). It's some bad luck, but I think it's mostly that I've underestimated how much more team co-ordination is worth compared to individual skills and match ups.

That said I really like most of the games today. Wings vs MVP screams livebetting or at least betting after the drafts. Both teams are super good in team fights and in tactical situations and Wings just gets random draft-losses from time to time. I also have a suspicion or two about the other games but given the fact that I've been wrong about everything (or I case I've been right, for the wrong reasons) so far this tournament I'll shut up until I've figured it out.

Going big on QPR ML over Swinton tomorrow for English premier league. Maybe will also play small parlay with Aston Villa.

any specific reason?

It's not an EPL game. It's an English League Cup match. QPR is one division above Swindon and Aston Villa is two divisions above Luton. However Cup matches are always tricky so I would bet with caution.

Think I'm gonna be on Leicester and maybe Man U both DNB this weekend. Waiting to see what Arsene does but I'm expecting nothing, so I unfortunately may bet Liverpool DNB :(

Going back to the well again w the Dodgers -1.5 at evens. Game starts in about an hour and 20 mins, so the early start is a bit worrisome bc some teams lose focus. I'm not terribly confident in this one as I have been the last two nights

Had a great week from the last UFC card & soccer bets this week so have made a bunch of small speculative soccer parlays today:

10 QPR-Cardiff $16.51 1-1 & 0-0 after 90mins
5 Qpr-Sth Korea $16.67 Bust
5 Qpr-Cardiff-Bury $65.17 Both 1-1 after 90mins
2.50 Bury-Colombia $16.56 Bust
2.50 Cardiff-Brazil-Justin Rose(1str rd vs Garcia)$13.59 Bust 0-0 after 90mins

Singles
1.50 Bury $3.81 L
1.61 Villa $1.50 L
1.50 Leeds $1.89 1-1 after 90mins
1.50 Sth Korea $2.54 W
1.50 Sth Africa $3.05 1-1
1.88 Colombia $1.50 W

L = $31.11
W = $4.54
Total = $26.57 loss

Last edited:
Think I'm gonna be on Leicester and maybe Man U both DNB this weekend. Waiting to see what Arsene does but I'm expecting nothing, so I unfortunately may bet Liverpool DNB :(

I think the over2.5 goals would be good for the Arsenal Liverpool match. Both teams have injury issues.

definitely not betting related so im gonna spoiler it but check it out if you are interested in fantasy football

i was thinking of putting a fantasy football league together (paid league, though- prob $25 a team) and was wondering how many people would be interested. If enough are interested, maybe we can make it a sherdog betting thread exclusive league that just goes on and on. all the money will be handled by yahoo so you know this isnt a scam or anything. If you're interested, just PM me and hopefully we can put it together before the season starts

I would recommend not going big on a sport you don't know much about. Neither QPR nor Swindon are Premier League teams, Swindon since 1994. And as pointed out, it wasn't a league game. So QPR progressed despite not winning in normal time.

Cle Indians ml for 3u. Ace on mound, plenty of bats, at home. Other team on losing streak. Take rl if you got balls

Anyone got a lean on Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor? Both sitting at -120 right now.

betfair/danskespil (danish bookie) strikes again.. they had TnC at +100/+120 ish almost the hole way through that game even though TnC got a early 10k+ gold lead.. +125 (map1) a few seconds before TnC won the game :D if enyone watches/play dota2 i would advice to keep an eye on those livebetting lines.. there is some serious gold to be had..

betfair/danskespil (danish bookie) strikes again.. they had TnC at +100/+120 ish almost the hole way through that game even though TnC got a early 10k+ gold lead.. +125 (map1) a few seconds before TnC won the game :D if enyone watches/play dota2 i would advice to keep an eye on those livebetting lines.. there is some serious gold to be had..
Where do you watch it mate?

and they strike again on betfair lol DC was +215 on betfair/ds while pinnacle had reverse odds :D

Anyone got a lean on Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor? Both sitting at -120 right now.

Demon Balor has never lost a match yet. It would be weird to push him to the main event immediately only to do the job. Which bookies have WWE odds?

Cle Indians ml for 3u. Ace on mound, plenty of bats, at home. Other team on losing streak. Take rl if you got balls
why wouldn't you take the run line here? i agree w all your points but there's a massive difference in odds between the RL and ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back