Nobody is contesting Jones won 4 and 5

So explain to me how you can land a lower % of shots, run away most of the fight, and people still think he won? I do not think Reyes landing 4 "sig" strikes more, while missing 10-20 more really adds to this narrative that Jones was outstruck. I thought it was a clear 48-47 for Jones

Nobody intelligent is contesting 1 or 2 either

Both men had two very obvious rounds

But everybody is talking about how 1,2,3 were close.

So stop with the "robbery" outcry

Reyes landed 114 strikes. Jones 106.

Jones had multiple takedowns and 100% octagon control and was the fighter pushing forward.

Stop it.

I wouldnt have a problem if they had given it to Reyes, and you should cry about it going to Jones either.

Bad decision? Maybe.... Even probably. But robbery? Nah.

lol another casual with his lame fucking psuedo stat webpage

suck my fightmetric stats and a PED injection site while were at it:View media item 32719View media item 32721

But everybody is talking about how 1,2,3 were close.

I saw 1-2 as fairly decisive in Reyes' favor. Maybe not as definitive as 4 and 5 were for Jones, but close. 3 was the only one that was a gimme IMO.

So stop with the "robbery" outcry

Reyes landed 114 strikes. Jones 106.

So Reyes outstruck him. Gotcha. His punches wobbled Jones, forced him to retreat, and even knocked him down at one point (I know he was throwing a kick).

Jones had multiple takedowns and 100% octagon control and was the fighter pushing forward.

Stop it.

I wouldnt have a problem if they had given it to Reyes, and you should cry about it going to Jones either.

Bad decision? Maybe.... Even probably. But robbery? Nah.

Takedowns he did fuck all with. No GnP, no time spent in a dominant position, no submission attempts. Fuck all. Reyes was up on his feet in seconds after each one. Earlier in the night we had Ilir landing much cleaner takedowns and holding down his opponent for the better part of the match with nothing to show for it. Jones didn't even manage that.

And another guy talking about Octagon control... hoooooly shit. First of all, that's literally the lowest-ranked factor in judging criteria. Effective striking and grappling precede it. It's only supposed to be a factor when all else is even. Even putting that aside, did you forget when Jones ate shots that had him shelling up and ceding Octagon control to Reyes as he got on his bike and attempted to recover? It's not like Bones was stalking Dom against the fence and cutting him off at every turn for the whole fight.

Reyes landed the better shots of the entire fight and clearly won 3-2. I'm not a fan of either guy but Jones lost this fight.

<Fedor23>

It’s way harder to take a guy down than it is to punch them. This is what the naysayers don’t get.

I was laughing because the commentators were calling it correct until mid way through the fourth. When the brass realised Jones wasn’t holding off for an emphatic finish. And they went from saying Reyes is up 3 rounds and shit to. “Super close rounds” and calling it a toss up lol. UFC is getting gay.

Well i thought round 1-3 were def Reyes. Besides didnt he get the benefit of the doubt enough already, thats the third time now he has a highly questionable decision win imo. It shouldve gone to Reyes...

Not gonna lie, I think Octagon Control is overvalued, especially when you're getting out struck.
not once was octagon control used to judge a round in this fight imo, which round do you believe was even in both striking and grappling to then have to use octagon control as a scoring criteria?

Close fight but in the end a predictable Company decision for a Company man.
4Bn dollar investments cannot be derailed by some upstart fighter.
UFC covers for the picos and covers for the decisions.
It is what it is folks. You will only beat Jones if you knock him out cold. Even Herb Dean won't stop it early if Jones is in trouble.
Oh, and don't expect to see a rematch for Santos or Reyes until they have fought each other to double Jones' chances of slipping by one of the, on another 3-2 decision.
It is what it is, folks.

Na, not when you're getting out-struck. It's not a factor unless the judges are in the tank
That’s exactly what I mean. Jon got favored by octagon while being outstrucked most of the time.

Reyes got at least 3 rounds, landed the better shots and made more damage.

No robbery at all, it was a very close fight, robberies are not close fights, thats not what its supposed to mean. It was a very close fight and its so subjective, I think a draw is fair, maybe Jones 3-2, but it was so close.. a draw would be fair I feel

Not gonna lie, I think Octagon Control is overvalued, especially when you're getting out struck.
Word, fighting is about your hands going forward, not the legs. I thought this was pretty fucking obvious, especially to ppl getting payed several 10k to view and judge the fights

The only way it's justifiable would be if the Championship Rounds were more valuable than the other 3 normal rounds. But that isn't the official ruleset, so it doesn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back