Nobody is contesting Jones won 4 and 5

Damage is also a factor, and Reyes did far more damage.

Reyes 3-2 all day.

Legit. Dom Cruz tried to prepare me but I still wasnt ready to hear someone scored 4 rounds for Jones. When I heard 49-46 I felt very certain we had a new champ.
Rounds 1,2,3 were clearer for Reyes than round 4 was for Jones IMO

Most of the media gave it to Reyes I am seeing. Some for Jones. I need to watch it again tomorrow.. Too drunk right now LOL.. But close and great fight. Want to see it again..

It just shows they value wrestling more than how many times you get hit

jones took reyes down which won him the round and they didnt care that he got hit more times in the face

So explain Latifi vs Black beast? If they valued wrestling so much, Latifi would have won clearly. Judges were all over the place yet again this evening.

I had it 3-2 Reyes. He got 1-3. I'm watching the post show Helwani says no way Jones won round 2. Anthony Smith has it 3-2 Reyes as well... hmmm.... It was kind of pissing me off during the fight how Rogan and Cruz were trying to spin it for Jones. Did not compute.... ;)

After the Santos fight the argument was Jones won because he outstruck Santos. Now this time he loses the striking battle and still wins?

That’s absolutely crazy. Anyone else as an opponent and Reyes would have gotten the decision.

48-47 decisions can go either way.

At a stretch it could of been a draw, but a UD is embarrassing from those judges. Run the fight back and judge the fight fairly

At least the ref was staying on top of things with the extended fingers not allowing JJ to finger fuck Reyes eyes

Funny how the strike stats are everything for Jones vs. Santos but apparently now mean nothing when Jon got clealry outstruck for 3 rounds.

One thing that always has and always will drive me bonkers is take downs, jones was officially 2/9 on takedowns against Reyes, so shouldn't reyes get equal scoring for defending the 7 takedowns? It seems consistent that going for takedowns wins fights even if you have to shoot 4 times to get a takedown defending those other 3 take downs amounts to nothing.

One thing that always has and always will drive me bonkers is take downs, jones was officially 2/9 on takedowns against Reyes, so shouldn't reyes get equal scoring for defending the 7 takedowns? It seems consistent that going for takedowns wins fights even if you have to shoot 4 times to get a takedown defending those other 3 take downs amounts to nothing.
Yeah man, agreed.
It's like defense doesn't mean anything in the end of the day.

But everybody is talking about how 1,2,3 were close.

So stop with the "robbery" outcry

Reyes landed 114 strikes. Jones 106.

Jones had multiple takedowns and 100% octagon control and was the fighter pushing forward.

Stop it.

I wouldnt have a problem if they had given it to Reyes, and you should cry about it going to Jones either.

Bad decision? Maybe.... Even probably. But robbery? Nah.

Multiple takedowns? With what? 2 and a half seconds on top in total?

Reyes - more rounds, more total strikes, more total significant strikes, great takedown defense, when briefly taken down, popped back up with vicious elbows

Reyes is the undefeated, disputed champion

Yes 3-2 Reyes or Jones..

BUT NOT 4-1 JONES...

4-1 is strange at first glance, sure, but one judge gave Jones 2-4-5 and one judge gave Jones 3-4-5. So is it really so crazy that the third judge gave Jones 2-3-4-5?

I had it Reyes/Jones/Reyes/Jones/Jones myself, because I thought Jones had the more effective striking in round 2 despite technically being outstruck. It's a question of quality over quantity, and in round 2, I believe Jones had the quality.

Reyes won in my eyes. He dropped him with a body shot in the first. Won the second. Won the third. Lost the fourth. Toss up in the fifth round.

Back