• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nobody ever beats anybody

A bit related: the top guys do not fight often and mostly one another. It makes me then also wonder whether they are really the top guys

Spot on. Make this a sticky thread or add it as a notice at the bottom of the page: Everyone is trash, no one ever beat anyone other than jobber cans, they're all overrated, they need to retire yesterday.

Booom lol

There are plenty of titles that were taken from champs that weren't considered washed up it before or after.

Izzy and Alex both "beat" each other
GSP "beat" Hughes
Shogun "beat" Machida
Fedor "beat" Nog
Anderson "beat" Rich
Randy "beat" Tito

I could go on and on

I think you missed the point a little sir.
Im basically saying here in the site, and the way these mongoloids look at shit.

Great examples though.

Who are your all-time top 3 favorite Belt Holders, SL? I want to know so I can shit on their careers and marginalize their accomplishments and contributions to the MMA history.

Right now? Lol

Probably Volk

Aljo

Izzy

In that order.

soda-can-crushing-machine-loop-recycling.gif

Fuckin smartass lmao.

I dont get this thread as you are also part of this whole BS. You permanently cope and agree with guys who meassure wins and losses with two different meassurement systems to fit their own narrative.

For example a young RDA with a less impressive win-loss ratio might be the best win of your favorite fighter but a prime RDA with a much better win-loss ratio is not worth mentioning as a good win if we talk about a guy who your boys hate.

The only Shermanos who are objective and dont use this kind of method of argumentation (im not one of them and neither are you) are the ones who dont engage in long discussions or even comment on hate threads but have like +10k posts and a positive post-like ratio.

That me fr fr.

This argument only holds up if you don't get specific.

If we examine the guys who went on win streaks with a solid strength of schedule, NOBODY says that. You don't hear that Jon Jones in his prime win streak fought nobodies. Literally no one anywhere ever says that about Izzy, because he beat all of his peers when they were appropriately ranked.

People said this about Islam when his strength of schedule was unimpressive. Now he's fought and beaten Charles and Volk back to back, and nobody says that.

Not really a hard nut to crack. Because the UFC isn't a meritocracy, sometimes guys get a favorable lineup of fights in succession and put together a streak more impressive than their qualities. It certainly isn't the standard result for long win streaks, just one possible outcome.

Tony goes on a 12 fight win streak...he was not only not good but he beat nobody while doing it.

I've never heard of this specifically. I have heard and part of the train of thought that Tony's style heavily relied on freak endurance and durability.

To be fair actually fighting the champ does normally tend to mean your facing someone who is not badly declined or else they would not be champ, a few times I can think of when that became a bit more sketchy....

Brock vs Randy - Randy 46 years old and had not fought for 18 months
Jones vs Shogun - Rua coming off of an ACL sugery in less than a year
Cormier vs Stipe 3 - Both fought each other for years with only Lewis throw in
Ngannou vs Stipe 2 - Years of Stipe vs DC

I've never heard of this specifically. I have heard and part of the train of thought that Tony's style heavily relied on freak endurance and durability.

Yeah, its prevalent around here sir.

Doing well now after dealing with the most stressful thing in my life the past 2 months. Glad I am past that now.

How you doing, buddeh?

Doing pretty good sir, what's the thing you been dealing with?

PM me.

So I have been reading threads/comments for the last few days, and I have come to the conclusion that if you go on a long run you beat a bunch of nobodies.

And if you make it to the title and win...the champ was already sliding.

Translation....you never actually beat anybody.

And while im at it, I think we can all agree that cherry picking is bullshit, unless of course its your guy doing it...SMFH.

Duh.

Back