• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nobody ever beats anybody

But it's kinda true.

guys who only fight "50/50" matchups should be theoretically .500

you have to fight ppl worse than you on a consistent basis otherwise you can't get to the closer matchups aka fighting nobodies till you get a TS.

Ha ha. True. I got Cracked by a noob one time who saw spinning back fist on TV. He threw a hard one. That was a surprise!

Haha! One I remember is there was a guy that had come in a couple times but hadn’t done any sparring. Very new to it. So this was his first time and it was clear he was uncomfortable with getting hit, overreacting to whatever I would do, telegraphing strikes etc. Now I’m not a pro or anything, but I’d done it for a little while. So I’m just kinda chilling, feeling comfortable and unthreatened. Dude all of the sudden throws a hard kind of a sloppy shovel hook a la Ngannou against Overeem from a weird angle, buzzed me. Caught me totally off guard, not a good punch technique wise at all but like I said doing something “wrong” that threw me off.

So I have been reading threads/comments for the last few days, and I have come to the conclusion that if you go on a long run you beat a bunch of nobodies.

And if you make it to the title and win...the champ was already sliding.

Translation....you never actually beat anybody.

And while im at it, I think we can all agree that cherry picking is bullshit, unless of course its your guy doing it...SMFH.

soda-can-crushing-machine-loop-recycling.gif

So I have been reading threads/comments for the last few days, and I have come to the conclusion that if you go on a long run you beat a bunch of nobodies.

And while im at it, I think we can all agree that cherry picking is bullshit, unless of course its your guy doing it...SMFH.
It took you awhile but you figured it out. Also left out that everyone is overrated.

Who are your all-time top 3 favorite Belt Holders, SL? I want to know so I can shit on their careers and marginalize their accomplishments and contributions to the MMA history.

This is The Sherdog Way.

No one was actually ever any good, everyone was protected or fought cans, everyone is overrated, and there are no good wins yet simultaneously ranking is pointless.

Haha! One I remember is there was a guy that had come in a couple times but hadn’t done any sparring. Very new to it. So this was his first time and it was clear he was uncomfortable with getting hit, overreacting to whatever I would do, telegraphing strikes etc. Now I’m not a pro or anything, but I’d done it for a little while. So I’m just kinda chilling, feeling comfortable and unthreatened. Dude all of the sudden throws a hard kind of a sloppy shovel hook a la Ngannou against Overeem from a weird angle, buzzed me. Caught me totally off guard, not a good punch technique wise at all but like I said doing something “wrong” that threw me off.
They don't know how to pull 'em when they're uncomfortable and spazzy. I guy I know who was a wrestling coach and I would ask him how he got a black eye...the answer was always "New Guy" LOL.

such a dumb thread premise

like you thought about this for 2 seconds and you were like "yeah that feels right"

Izzy beat prime Whittaker for the belt
Makachev beat a white-hot prime Oliveira

Those are just two right off the top of my head.

There are a lot of things I hate about the UFC, but the best do fight the best. Regularly.

Always been like that in MMA as well as boxing, the fans are little cretins who try to take away credit from every fighter's resume.
In kickboxing/muay thai it's not quite as bad. Not that 99.9% of top fighters were past their prime or had some other excuse for losing a fight.

There was once this fighter that beat someone, and man I was convinced he was someone. Then I realized that someone he beat really wasn't anyone and that the fighter I liked wasn't nobody because he didn't beat anybody.

Sometimes you just know it, but then you don't.

There are plenty of titles that were taken from champs that weren't considered washed up before or after.

Izzy and Alex both "beat" each other
GSP "beat" Hughes
Shogun "beat" Machida
Fedor "beat" Nog
Anderson "beat" Rich
Randy "beat" Tito

I could go on and on

Last edited:

Spot on. Make this a sticky thread or add it as a notice at the bottom of the page: Everyone is trash, no one ever beat anyone other than jobber cans, they're all overrated, they need to retire yesterday.

There are no good fighters.

Just good opportunists.

We need a free for all tournament where us Sherbros get an opportunity at big names.

I'm guilty of this. I just posted this to denigrate Dustin in another thread. People lately I've been going back and forth with about Dustin being the 3rd best LW ever, being better than champions with 3x and 2x title defenses, being better than multiple organization world champions "because of his resume."

If you take the combined records of Justin, Conor (don't count him twice), Chandler, Max, Hooker, Eddie and Pettis in the 2 years before and 2 years after their fight with Dustin (I went back 4 years for Chandler/Conor since their fights were more recent):

Chandler: 4-4
Max: 6-3
Hooker: 7-5
Justin: 7-3
Conor: 1-3
Eddie: 4-2-1
Pettis: 4-7
= 33-26-1 = 55% winning percentage for his opponents in the 2 years preceding and 2 years following fighting Dustin to a loss.
--
I may as well have just posted "he only beats guys that are washed, and any time he had a real shot at a title he got starched by Conor, Justin and Khabib."

such a dumb thread premise

like you thought about this for 2 seconds and you were like "yeah that feels right"

Izzy beat prime Whittaker for the belt
Makachev beat a white-hot prime Oliveira

Those are just two right off the top of my head.

There are a lot of things I hate about the UFC, but the best do fight the best. Regularly.

Do you know who TS is, sir?

Watch your tone.

When Islam loses, he'll get the overrated label. Basically already has it after Volk.

Charles is now "never was that good."

Back