No SOTN for Palhares is making UFC a joke.

ali2013champ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC can fire any fighter for ANY reason ,Palhares just made huge cut asked by UFC,He put his life on the line ,drained himself and he always brings it.

Palhares even though he cranked Pierce knee a bit did a very rare submission and tapped guy in 30 seconds ,the same guy who fought close fights with Hendricks and Kosheck! who was on 4-0 winning streak.

Palhares is scary at WW and he may TAP anyone at any given day he doesn't even need takedown he just drops for heel hook. He is that type of guy you aren't betting against , I'd Pick Palhares over Kim and i would give him great chance of beating guy like Shields , or even Condit(he was taken down by Kampmann,but anyway Palhares doesn't need TD),yes he is dangerous ,he's true danger to any TOP 10 WW,it's different than Middleweight he is just as big as he was in MW fighting smaller guys...

UFC is scared that Palhares would beat their TOP WWs,they dropped him and robbed of SOTN bonus-only submission on the card, they robbed guy who never had any school and he just tried to get a better life for his family) I hope bald man is happy with that extra 50k in the pocket.

I hope Palhares can make it in Bellator ,WSOF ,OneFC or Japan...

quote from Dana White after Dan Miller fight when Palhares thought he won.

Dana White wasn’t too impressed by the bizarre moment either: “I said, ‘This is fucking crazy. I’ve never seen anything like this before.’ I was tweeting about it while it happened. It’s the second time that he’s done… And then, could you imagine… First of all, he does that. In no way shape or form did Herb Dean stop that fight or even come close. He didn’t even make a move toward them to stop that fight. He runs over and jumps on top of the cage like he won, comes back, then almost gets knocked out. Just like he did against Nate Marquardt. It was crazy. I mean, Palhares, I went back and told him, ‘You don’t stop fights! The referees stop the fight.’”

first reply after that

"‘You don’t stop fights! The referees stop the fight.’"

After this comment from Dana, Harris will probably go back to holding on to his submissions too long again, as he's done several times, and mess up some guys knee/ankle.

At this point, Palhares presents a serious threat to his opponents' careers, and as such he is bad for the sport. Solid, very entertaining fighter but the bottom line is that he is a liability to the UFC, and they were right to treat him as they have.

seems like the exact opposite. Media seems pretty happy about all of it.

Suspended by commission, cut by UFC, clear repeat offender. Sherdog is so stupid.

He cranked his opponents knee just a bit. Just a tiny little bit. As long as no permanent damage was done after the ref told him to stop its ok!

So is the UFC even more terrified of unranked WW's Nate Marquarrtt & Lombard?

I also love the simps who think withholding an extra incentive, non guaranteed, subjective, performance bonus is some kind of punishment or injustice.

His performacne was a disgrace. Fighters, journalist, Brazil commission and the UFC itself is ashamed and appalled by that performance. Why is a perfomance bonus in order or madatory?

So is the UFC even more terrified of unranked WW's Nate Marquarrtt & Lombard?

I also love the simps who think withholding an extra incentive, non guaranteed, subjective, performance bonus is some kind of punishment or injustice.

His performacne was a disgrace. Fighters, journalist, Brazil commission and the UFC itself is ashamed and appalled by that performance. Why is a perfomance bonus in order or madatory?

Marquardt was SF champ but he never had perfect record , wait with opinion on Lombard , i thought Crowd wasn't really ashamed by Palhares performance the leg lock was brutal but it was only submission that night ,not only that i can't think of better submission in UFC for few events.

UFC can fire any fighter for ANY reason ,Palhares just made huge cut asked by UFC,He put his life on the line ,drained himself and he always brings it.

Palhares even though he cranked Pierce knee a bit did a very rare submission and tapped guy in 30 seconds ,the same guy who fought close fights with Hendricks and Kosheck! who was on 4-0 winning streak.

Palhares is scary at WW and he may TAP anyone at any given day he doesn't even need takedown he just drops for heel hook. He is that type of guy you aren't betting against , I'd Pick Palhares over Kim and i would give him great chance of beating guy like Shields , or even Condit(he was taken down by Kampmann,but anyway Palhares doesn't need TD),yes he is dangerous ,he's true danger to any TOP 10 WW,it's different than Middleweight he is just as big as he was in MW fighting smaller guys...

UFC is scared that Palhares would beat their TOP WWs,they dropped him and robbed of SOTN bonus-only submission on the card, they robbed guy who never had any school and he just tried to get a better life for his family) I hope bald man is happy with that extra 50k in the pocket.

I hope Palhares can make it in Bellator ,WSOF ,OneFC or Japan...

quote from Dana White after Dan Miller fight when Palhares thought he won.

Dana White wasn

no knock out of the night for mir over cro cop also made ufc look like a joke...

Babalu holds a choke too long on David Heath after the referee tries to stop the fight, Babalu cut from the UFC

Palhares holds a leg lock too long after referee tries to stop the fight, Palhares cut from the UFC.

What is everyone not getting here?

I thought it was a slick sub, everybody watches the replay in slow motion but in regular time you can tell Palhares isn't looking at the ref, and he speaks Portuguese, so yelling at him in English could be a moot point. They should have had a bi-lingual referee. Palhares is an competitive and emotional guy, he's also not very bright.

This is a fight people, in the gym, obviously you are very careful with the leg locks and heel hooks, but again, this is a fight, the guy is fighting for his family, I don't think he should have gotten fired or his bonus held in any way, maybe a formal warning would have been more appropriate.

Don't think the cut had anything to do with fear for top WW. It was purely about optics. It looked bad on TV and the media picked up the story. UFC could either defend the fighter or agree it was over the line. They agreed and he is gone. No conspiracy.

Palhares is too god damn stupid for a dangerous sport like mma. He is the equivalent of a basketball player who steps under you during a jump shot and causes u to twist ur ankle or worse.

I don't think Palhares is capable of doing any different that he's done left to his own devices. Kinda like when you have a dog that's a great lovable pet to the family but will bite the shit out of anyone else. If you can't train him to do differently you keep him away from other people.

I would have liked to seen Palhares suspended for a year with a road to redemption by working w/ some professionals who at the end of the year can or can't give evidence that he deserves another shot.

In these days if a fighter puts himself in a situation where it puts the UFC in a bad light Dana will come down on thee w/ great vengeance.
Moral of the story: "Don't leave it in Dana's hands". Be good boys and girls.

Babalu holds a choke too long on David Heath after the referee tries to stop the fight, Babalu cut from the UFC

Palhares holds a leg lock too long after referee tries to stop the fight, Palhares cut from the UFC.

What is everyone not getting here?

Not only that, Paul Harris did it several times and also was busted for roids.

I think a lengthy suspension 1-2 years, would have been ok also. Not at least suspending him though would have been a farce. He deserved punishment that was above money from the fight.

Frank mir vs Cro cop was bad too but atleast Mir is getting like 300k basic pay when Palhares is getting 10/10 or something like that

Marquardt was SF champ but he never had perfect record , wait with opinion on Lombard , i thought Crowd wasn't really ashamed by Palhares performance the leg lock was brutal but it was only submission that night ,not only that i can't think of better submission in UFC for few events.
You're nuts if you think Dana cares about that 50k bonus he "saved".
Palhares is a draw and entertaining fighter, UFC would rather cut Pierce or Shields way before him.
They didn't have much choice here...I'm sorry for him because he didn't do it on purpose probably.

Back