No SOTN for Palhares is making UFC a joke.

I think Palhares is confused as f*ck, I remember back then in UFC RIO, Dana White said in his post fight interview refering to Palhares vs Dan Miller (where toquinho raised his hands in victory when Herb Dean did not stop the fight at all): ''I went back and told him, YOU DON'T STOP FIGHTS OKAY!!? THE REFEREES STOP THE FIGHT!" REPORTER said ''LESSON LEARNED THERE HOPEFULLY"
Lesson learned indeed, ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tue8li5GJQ 2:05

Actually most casuals and media seem to agree with the release. It was good press by the UFC

"oh no, UFC did something I don't agree with"
*sobs, cries, blows nose into tissue, eyes are red, tears slide down cheeks*
"i'll show the UFC"
posts on sherdog "UFC is a joke"

UFC can fire any fighter for ANY reason ,Palhares just made huge cut asked by UFC,He put his life on the line ,drained himself and he always brings it.

Palhares even though he cranked Pierce knee a bit did a very rare submission and tapped guy in 30 seconds ,the same guy who fought close fights with Hendricks and Kosheck! who was on 4-0 winning streak.

Palhares is scary at WW and he may TAP anyone at any given day he doesn't even need takedown he just drops for heel hook. He is that type of guy you aren't betting against , I'd Pick Palhares over Kim and i would give him great chance of beating guy like Shields , or even Condit(he was taken down by Kampmann,but anyway Palhares doesn't need TD),yes he is dangerous ,he's true danger to any TOP 10 WW,it's different than Middleweight he is just as big as he was in MW fighting smaller guys...

UFC is scared that Palhares would beat their TOP WWs,they dropped him and robbed of SOTN bonus-only submission on the card, they robbed guy who never had any school and he just tried to get a better life for his family) I hope bald man is happy with that extra 50k in the pocket.

I hope Palhares can make it in Bellator ,WSOF ,OneFC or Japan...

quote from Dana White after Dan Miller fight when Palhares thought he won.

Dana White wasn

This..by far..

Anything the UFC does a portion of fans go against it, if they didnt do anything most of the same fans would all say the UFC a joke for not taking action, that they want to be like major sports but NFL/MLB fine/suspend guys when they do shit like this.

So when they do take action its always the UFC is a joke for doing this to a fighter, this is bullshit, what about this guy who did something 5 years ago etc.

Okami and Fitch deserve to be in the UFC more than Palhares, quit whining.

You Zuffa shills always have an excuse ready anytime the UFC cuts a fighter.

Now it's Palhares, 2 weeks ago it was Okami.

Okami never used PED, never used TRT despite being a MASSIVE weight cutter. Always made weight like a true professional, even when he fought on short notice.

Never complained to the UFC. Signed his likeness and video game rights to the UFC FOR FREE without protest, unlike Fitch. Okami was 100% loyal to the UFC, like a true samurai.

Totally unfair that he gets cut after ONE LOSS, being 3 win 1 loss in his last 4, and the guy that beat him is a very good and respected fighter in Jacare. Among his 3 wins include good opponents like Lombard and Belcher.

Whether it's a good fighter like Okami or Palhares who gets cut, it's funny how there are so many posters here towing the UFC's company line, maybe some of you are really paid 10 cents a post.

Saying he's 3-1 lets everyone know you're ignoring important fights.

He was knocked out three times in his last six fights, including the last one.

Knocked out.

Three times.

In his last six fights.

Knocked out.

Three times.

In his last six fights.

This might help explain his lack of intelligence.

You're nuts if you think Dana cares about that 50k bonus he "saved".
Palhares is a draw and entertaining fighter, UFC would rather cut Pierce or Shields way before him.
They didn't have much choice here...I'm sorry for him because he didn't do it on purpose probably.

So your saying he didn't do it on purpose all those other times either?

Knocked out.

Three times.

In his last six fights.

Way to spin the truth you Zuffa shill.
Fact: Yushin Okami beat Buddy Roberts, Belcher, Lombard then lost to a very good Jacare. That's 3 straight wins followed by ONE loss.

Okami got cut after ONE loss, when all the guy did was be loyal to the UFC, never cheated, always made weight, fought on short notice when asked for, he was a true professional. He is still ranked 5th or 6th in the MW division.

And Lombard and Belcher are still in the UFC lol. UFC = true legit sport? I think not. more like sports entertainment

At this point, Palhares presents a serious threat to his opponents' careers, and as such he is bad for the sport. Solid, very entertaining fighter but the bottom line is that he is a liability to the UFC, and they were right to treat him as they have.

Exactly. he is a strong muscular dude and when you are dealing with leglocks and heel hooks with his size and strength he could easily end someone's career by holding onto the submission for too long, even if it's only for 1 second

Back