No SOTN for Palhares is making UFC a joke.

I think the Palhares cut makes the UFC look very good in the media. In an era in which the NHL and NFL are cracking down on cheap shots and emphasizing the safety of athletes more and more, this fits right into the media template of a sports organization acting responsibly and putting athlete safety first.

I think the Palhares cut makes the UFC look very good in the media. In an era in which the NHL and NFL are cracking down on cheap shots and emphasizing the safety of athletes more and more, this fits right into the media template of a sports organization acting responsibly and putting athlete safety first.
This. Ufc punishes unsportsmanlike conduct makes them look better in the public eye and in the media.

He cranked his opponents knee just a bit. Just a tiny little bit. As long as no permanent damage was done after the ref told him to stop its ok!

I'm in the same boat as well

Palhares is a scumbag, im glad he didnt get a bonus and happy hes out of the UFC. No place in the sport for the guy really.

guy needs a mental evaluation

You Zuffa shills always have an excuse ready anytime the UFC cuts a fighter.

Now it's Palhares, 2 weeks ago it was Okami.

Okami never used PED, never used TRT despite being a MASSIVE weight cutter. Always made weight like a true professional, even when he fought on short notice.

Never complained to the UFC. Signed his likeness and video game rights to the UFC FOR FREE without protest, unlike Fitch. Okami was 100% loyal to the UFC, like a true samurai.

Totally unfair that he gets cut after ONE LOSS, being 3 win 1 loss in his last 4, and the guy that beat him is a very good and respected fighter in Jacare. Among his 3 wins include good opponents like Lombard and Belcher.

Whether it's a good fighter like Okami or Palhares who gets cut, it's funny how there are so many posters here towing the UFC's company line, maybe some of you are really paid 10 cents a post.

Anyone know what the penalty for a malicious/intentional head to head in the NFL is, nowadays?

lol at thinking anyone needs an excuse as to why Palhares should be cut.

u must be the anti Zuffa shill then?

go sit in the corner bro

This was the 4th documented case of him holding a submission for too long. He could end someone's career doing that.

If tapping out won't end a fight with him, then he is dangerous. I'd go beyond cutting him from the UFC, I'd ban him from MMA altogether if it was possible (it's not).

Okami never used PED, never used TRT despite being a MASSIVE weight cutter. Always made weight like a true professional, even when he fought on short notice.

Never complained to the UFC. Signed his likeness and video game rights to the UFC FOR FREE without protest, unlike Fitch. Okami was 100% loyal to the UFC, like a true samurai.

Totally unfair that he gets cut after ONE LOSS, being 3 win 1 loss in his last 4, and the guy that beat him is a very good and respected fighter in Jacare. Among his 3 wins include good opponents like Lombard and Belcher.

Whether it's a good fighter like Okami or Palhares who gets cut, it's funny how there are so many posters here towing the UFC's company line, maybe some of you are really paid 10 cents a post.

Palhares and Okami are 100% different situations. You're not making ANY logical point, and this "anyone who disagrees must be a paid poster cause God forbid someone not have my opinion" thing makes you seem like a stupid asshole.

they gave KOTN to Browne for his win against Gonzaga and that was blatantly illegal.

okami and fitch were boring and expensive. they had no fan base until being cut and no one watched any of their fights. only people calling for zuffa's head is hipsters like yourself...paul harris is a savage and got what he deserved. he clearly checks out when he subs dudes and that shit is dangerous he got what he asked for.

shills? like a true samurai?....what are you 11?

UFC can fire any fighter for ANY reason ,Palhares just made huge cut asked by UFC,He put his life on the line ,drained himself and he always brings it.

Palhares even though he cranked Pierce knee a bit did a very rare submission and tapped guy in 30 seconds ,the same guy who fought close fights with Hendricks and Kosheck! who was on 4-0 winning streak.

Palhares is scary at WW and he may TAP anyone at any given day he doesn't even need takedown he just drops for heel hook. He is that type of guy you aren't betting against , I'd Pick Palhares over Kim and i would give him great chance of beating guy like Shields , or even Condit(he was taken down by Kampmann,but anyway Palhares doesn't need TD),yes he is dangerous ,he's true danger to any TOP 10 WW,it's different than Middleweight he is just as big as he was in MW fighting smaller guys...

UFC is scared that Palhares would beat their TOP WWs,they dropped him and robbed of SOTN bonus-only submission on the card, they robbed guy who never had any school and he just tried to get a better life for his family) I hope bald man is happy with that extra 50k in the pocket.

I hope Palhares can make it in Bellator ,WSOF ,OneFC or Japan...

quote from Dana White after Dan Miller fight when Palhares thought he won.

Dana White wasn

I actually respect the UFC for this. Rousimar is one scary looking dude, and believe, the UFC would be able to sell some fights with him if he got to contender status. Taking limbs from top fighters in less than 1 minutes? What UFC fan doesnt want to see that? That's part of Ronda's appeal too.

But Rousimar was threatening careers with serious injuries, some (like Pierce) which was due to his mental lapse.

I don't agree with lots of things the UFC does, but think they made the right call. If the NFL and other sports did the same, we wouldn't see so many "dirty" hits by people like Suh, who gets a slap on the wrist for stomping on opponents while they are on the floor, etc.

Back