No More White Belts

Exactly and I've been here longer than a lot of higher belts. Just because I don't post (because these forums rarely have intelligent discussions) as much as you doesn't mean I don't know my MMA. I've been a fan since the first UFC and probably know a lot more about the sport than you do.,,

I'm on the same boat as you. I barely ever post...because i actually have better shit to do like work, going out, and ACTUALLY training. Been a long time fan. In fact, my original sherdog name that i started was like in 2004. I was just got over posting for over a year or so, forgot the password, and felt like creating a new name. And even people that are new to sherdog doesn't mean they are new to MMA. I've seen professional fighters on here with start dates in 2008. Go tell them to stop posting tool. Exactly.

Exactly and I've been here longer than a lot of higher belts. Just because I don't post (because these forums rarely have intelligent discussions) as much as you doesn't mean I don't know my MMA. I've been a fan since the first UFC and probably know a lot more about the sport than you do.,,

I agree, I'm on this site everyday, and rarely post because everything on here is more about complaining than mma. Stupid white belts, nuthuggers, search engine, blah blah blah.

My dick is white too, you wanna try to make fun of that. you have blue belt does that also say that you have blue balls

I don't usually get mad at stupid things, but I actually want to fight someone right now

I'm on the same boat as you. I barely ever post...because i actually have better shit to do like work, going out, and ACTUALLY training. Been a long time fan. In fact, my original sherdog name that i started was like in 2004. I was just got over posting for over a year or so, forgot the password, and felt like creating a new name. And even people that are new to sherdog doesn't mean they are new to MMA. I've seen professional fighters on here with start dates in 2008. Go tell them to stop posting tool. Exactly.

Exactly. I highly doubt im needed in a post titled " Dana = devil post #3000":icon_chee

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.
So you'd get x number of posts that are just random sequences of letters and numbers until the quota was made. Of course, the white belt posts that we do see are usually just random sequences of letters and numbers anyway...so who knows.

Without idiots, Sherdog wouldn't be the site that it is, simple as that. :icon_lol:

the whole belt system is pretty lame. Why don't the mods inspect the posts to determine if they are even credible and not just some stupid idiot comment or troll thread.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

Dude you are the douchebag and your a blue belt, a person does not start watching mma at the exact moment when they register for sherdog.

Hey, how about a nice cup of shut the f*ck up? This thread is stupid, and you should be demoted to white belt for starting it.

that's a really fair point, and much appreciated. some people listen rather than preach. i'm certainly not one of them, but i respect that.

maybe we can also incorporate dating into somehow, if you've been a member for at least a year, and post with a certain average.

whatever it is, something has to change around here, for sure.

i used to love reading this stuff, but now i don't even now where to begin or end.

Dude, theres one thing you just have to accept.
This is the internet, anyone can log on, create an account on any website/forum and begin spewing nonsense from their ass. You just take the good with the bad. So what it takes a little longer to find something worth reading, at least it's better then not having anything there at all.

Exactly. I highly doubt im needed in a post titled " Dana = devil post #3000":icon_chee

To the point i've been at my mma club for three years cant watch all fights on tv in aus but doesnt make any less knowledgable in mma

either:

or

Good, please do.

I'm still waiting for someone...anyone...to give me a clear and logically valid argument as to why post count at Sherdog has anything to do with knowledge of MMA or the ability to communicate.

Most other boards I've frequented are boards that are dedicated to science (I am an engineer.) I've never once seen anyone equate post count to knowledge of anything. Not until I came to Sherdog. (I lurked for several years before joining.)

Eat my Ass noob cakes!!!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!! If you want intelligent discussion your in the wrong place. Here's a place with some folks you can rap with-

Tender Hearts Foundation

Viva La White Belts

Tanners new beard by GoGogrizzlyadamsplata!!!!!!!!
It's a new choke where you just smother someones face with your facial hair
I hope he corn rows that shit for his next fight, maybe it will help buffer his glass jaw

the whole belt system is pretty lame. Why don't the mods inspect the posts to determine if they are even credible and not just some stupid idiot comment or troll thread.

Because there are too many posts. The practice of inspecting every post would not be scalable.

I agree 100%, but only because number of posts = intelligence.

:rolleyes:

Back