No More White Belts

I don't think post count directly effects intelligence, class, or knowledge of MMA. Anyone can sit on an internet message board posting one line comments in every thread they see (which, if restrictions are placed on white belts, will probably happen). But then, a lot of people spend far more time reading this forum than actually posting.

Maybe a lot of us work a lot or have better things to do than post on Sherdog. Your belt doesn't make your opinion better..and the Anderson Silva fight is a joke.

The problem of course is that "white belts" aren't a homogeneous category. And, clearly, it's impossible to distinguish between people who take MMA seriously, are interested in intelligent discussion, but simply don't post often from people who are here to offer nothing but inane trolling and poorly thought out one-liners.

Curiously, it's the second group that will very quickly move past their white belt status for something more prestigious...

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

EASY THERE TOOL BOY. Some of us have been training in martial arts while you have been picking your nose playing fantasy sports and posting on here. You need to STFU like the rest of the pretenders on this site.

YOU HAVE BEEN OWNED. Have a nice day.

It does make me laugh when people correlate the Sherdog belt system to MMA knowledge.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

Racist

What a great idea! You so clever. Let's make 1000 post limit and then some beautiful day when my intelligence and MMA knowledge reaches yellow belt we could have a huge ceremony

Seriously...Fuck Off TROLL

...as we say in here

:icon_lol:

I get what you are saying,but I don't think that would weed out the stupidity on sherdog .Stupidity,and the internet go hand in hand .

either:

or

I see your point man but it will never happen (atleast in the Heavyweights). It has been suggested for so many times and the MODs actually agree but the admins are not open to the idea (according to them there are "promoters", advertisers, etc, and other legit white belts that's going to be affected).

I you come upon whitebelt posts that's obviously trolling or are simply retarded, the best option is just to ignore them. Its actually very subjective and its very hard to stereotype every belt color.

1.) Go to the OT then n00b.

2.) That's one of the worst ideas I have ever read. Idiots will always be around whether they be white or silver, an idiot is an idiot.

lol at people that think sherdong belt color means jack and shit cept you spend too much time typing and no time training . i dont post alot because im working or training ... you know actaully studying a martial art ... i know , i know .. even actually training and working with professionals i still cannot compair to you and your obvious mastery

yea man I lurked here for like 3 years before creating an account and waited a long time before I posted after that...I woulda been so pissed if when I finaly wanted to say something i couldn't...

me too.
i read the forums for a long, long time. so i agree, when i made my profile i would have wanted to post. that was the point of taking the time, right.

Anyone who thinks like TS is completely brain-dead. He was obviously a white belt at one point. The color means little more than the amount of times a person's posted. Whoopeee!!!!

what about lurkers who only post once in awhile? Do they not deserve to start a thread because they don't post very often?

My thoughts exactly.
I do not post very often, but have been here longer than many "higher ranking" posters(just like a whole lot o fothers).
I have never started at thread, probably never will, but I do appreciate my right to post replies in threads I find interesting, to informn people of things I get to know, or to correct people on things I know thay have gotten wrong.

Back