No More White Belts

MF Doomer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

what about lurkers who only post once in awhile? Do they not deserve to start a thread because they don't post very often?

It's not always white belts....

Exactly and I've been here longer than a lot of higher belts. Just because I don't post (because these forums rarely have intelligent discussions) as much as you doesn't mean I don't know my MMA. I've been a fan since the first UFC and probably know a lot more about the sport than you do.,,

yea man I lurked here for like 3 years before creating an account and waited a long time before I posted after that...I woulda been so pissed if when I finaly wanted to say something i couldn't...

that's a really fair point, and much appreciated. some people listen rather than preach. i'm certainly not one of them, but i respect that.

maybe we can also incorporate dating into somehow, if you've been a member for at least a year, and post with a certain average.

whatever it is, something has to change around here, for sure.

i used to love reading this stuff, but now i don't even now where to begin or end.

It's not like Sherdog is a shining example of intelligent discussion anyway.

That would be stupid...and the whole white belt thing gets blown out of proportion! There are a lot of people who are very smart, knowledgable people who are white belts. They are white belts because they rarely post, or like to lurk around and read on different topics.

That would be stupid...and the whole white belt thing gets blown out of proportion! There are a lot of people who are very smart, knowledgable people who are white belts. They are white belts because they rarely post, or like to lurk around and read on different topics.

again. not disagreeing, but it'd be nice to find a way to reduce trollage.

what about lurkers who only post once in awhile? Do they not deserve to start a thread because they don't post very often?

They will post more often if they really want to be able to start a thread. More is learned by doing research, using the search function and reading than just asking the same dumb question that is answered in the FAQs that the white belts that are reincarnated trolls never even read. Some are just on here to be stupid and have no knowledge of MMA and also have no desire to know or come to any actual factual realizations about the sport as well. I say give white belts all the options, but they can not start a thread until 150 posts.

Think about it, there are trolls that are here already on dubs that can't post threads for 30 days, and they "get over it" and eventually return and don't (for the most part I think) act as stupid as they did before because having dubs sucks and is not worth the douchebaggery.

Won't change a damn thing, but it felt good to get out. :D

white belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads

They should be allowed topost all they want, obviously...because you have to post to get past white belt.

You should get automatic thread creation rights if you are an amateur fighter or a pro fighter

I myself don't see a correlation between belt color and quality of posts. There are a lot of people here that have made many posts, yet clearly demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge about fighting, MMA, business, or even basic etiquette.

You may be looking at this with some confirmation bias. No shame in that. If you are human, you are guilty of confirmation bias. That is just the way the human mind works. I myself am very likely guilty of it in thinking there is not a correlation between belt color and post quality.

Agreed. The last thread I posted in has a TS that is a perfect example of someone trolling. Can't get rid of them all, but a bit of a reduction would be nice.

Exactly and I've been here longer than a lot of higher belts. Just because I don't post (because these forums rarely have intelligent discussions) as much as you doesn't mean I don't know my MMA. I've been a fan since the first UFC and probably know a lot more about the sport than you do.,,

Honestly, you have a great point. Either 150 posts or 3 months sounds good. 1/2 the posts to get in the OT, and half as long.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.
Take a Xanax. Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Now that I am a yellow belt, my posts are magically better than yesterday when I was a white belt.

Or, nothing has changed, and retards who think internet distinctions within the sherdog realm actually make posts better or worse are just fools inventing a new form of discrimination that makes even less sense than the old forms of discrimination.

Before the Internet was cool people like you probably hated c****s and n*****s based on their color, now that flat-out racism isn't "cool" anymore you invent hate based on made-up computer icon color.

Some people are so small minded that they have to hate some group of people, any group of people, to feel any self worth.

There are whitebelts that are whitebelts and there are whitebelts who push an agenda in every thread and usually only make it a few days before they are banned and start again.

a lot of the times its people that have been on here a while and create new accounts just to get under peoples skin.

Back