No more sub-par opponents for Big Country!

Nelson is a subpar opponent.

I agree, the OP was a bit of a hyperbole but Nelson has proven himself repeatedly. I think guys like Hunt, Kongo, Nog, BF would make for great match ups. His next match will probably be much bigger.

Nelson vs. Hunt! 5 round main event on FX.

Approved!

tumblr_m8morryD171rdutw3o1_500.gif

I agree, the OP was a bit of a hyperbole but Nelson has proven himself repeatedly. I think guys like Hunt, Kongo, Nog, BF would make for great match ups. His next match will probably be much bigger.

I really like Nelson. Super tough, loves to fight, scraps hard, doesn't gas, and represents for us big boys, but he's got to shore up some major holes in his game to crack the top 5. I think giving him somebody like Barnett or Big Nog next is a good test.

Before he's really ready for a title run he has to shore up his wrestling and clinch work, and improve the technical aspects of his striking. He'll never land clean on a striker like JDS with his one or two punch roundhouses. He'll get beat up again if they fought tomorrow. He's got a kung-fu background (so he says) so I'd love to see him work in more kicks, too.

It would really help if he followed Carwin's advice and got some coaches and listened to them. He could realistically be champ in either/both HW or LHW if he surrounded himself with the right guys instead of just shadowboxing in his backyard.

Regardless, I'll buy any PPV he's in, cause either it'll be a spectacular knockout, he'll dominate someone or the ground, or he'll be in it taking a beating to lose a UD. Good fight in any case.

Nelson has fought 6 of the top 15 guys in the world, there are tons of ranked fighters who havent fought more than 1. I personally would love to see Nelson KO Fedor, but I guess his next fight should be Cormier, Kongo, Hunt, or Browne.

Hahaha!

If only he would go to 205, he could really do some damage there.

Every time Nelson fights a high level fighter, he loses. He's lucky to have gotten Mitrione.

I don't understand how you can know that it was a late replacement for one of the top fighters you listed in your OP TS, and yet still bitch about it. I guess you would just rather he didn't fight?

If there's no more sup-bar opponents for Roy Nelson, he'll probably be out of a job within 3 fights.

Nelson isn't going to break the top 3-5 yet, but his ability to go the distance with both JDS and Werdum was impressive.

How many other guys recently went the distance with JDS?

So he was a human punching bag for longer than any of JDS's other opponents. A chin alone doesn't make him competitive.

So he was a human punching bag for longer than any of JDS's other opponents. A chin alone doesn't make him competitive.

its the belly that does it.

i think hd and big country are in a good place for a matchup.

lol @ Big Country, bloke is a gatekeeper. Doesn't really matter what kind of opponents he gets. He should be that guy that people have to beat to prove themselves as elite.

Back