• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime NJ lady fined $250 a day for F Biden flag

She's obviously violating some public obscenity law. Pretty sure you can't just hang any old profanity laced flag on your property. No different than if you hung a sign that read "Suck my balls, fuckheads!" on your property. You gonna get a visit from the town. Trust me...

Lol'd at imagining sign in someone's yard.

That's the parent's decision to let them browse the WR unsupervised. {<shrug}
is it though . Can they not get away from parents and do it. Can a parent monitor the kids 24 7. Shouldn't we take it upon ourselves to maybe pick up the slack and not be a bad influence on children. Shouldn't the government step in and be the parent of parents

is it though . Can they not get away from parents and do it. Can a parent monitor the kids 24 7. Shouldn't we take it upon ourselves to maybe pick up the slack and not be a bad influence on children. Shouldn't the government step in and be the parent of parents
It takes the village to raise the child. Having one that's a nut and is advertising that type of flag isn't helping the effort. There's also a difference between surfing online to some inappropriate location and just walking by your neighbor's front yard.

Well this will end up being overturned. You would think that they would be aware of all the supreme court decisions on this. Just look at Snyder vs Phelps, and all the awful things that church got away with.

'" Speech on public issues is entitled to special protection under the First Amendment because it serves the "the principle that debate on public issues should be uninhibited, robust, and wide-open."

It takes the village to raise the child. Having one that's a nut and is advertising that type of flag isn't helping the effort. There's also a difference between surfing online to some inappropriate location and just walking by your neighbor's front yard.
I don't care either way fly your flag talk your. People on here acting appalled over a flag then watching Americans get beheaded on the internet

It’s easy to to figure out which posters don’t have kids.

What exactly do you think you're protecting your kids from? We've all heard the fuckin' word. Anyone ever claimed to be damaged by it? As someone else pointed out, if they can read it then they've already heard it. This seems more like you want your own sensibilities enforced and are couching it in the ol' "think of the children" schtick.

I agree with you. People want to cry about "muh liberty" but then complain about having to act responsibly. At the end of the day it's up to the parent how effective their parenting is.

I don't care either way fly your flag talk your. People on here acting appalled over a flag then watching Americans get beheaded on the internet
You have to search out a beheading on the internet. You don't come across it playing on your lawn or just walking down your block.

Actually no, according to the supreme court obscenity is not protected by the first amendment.
See Miller v California.
That's one thing I'll never understand about some Americans. They love/worship the Constitution, but don't understand it at all.

That case is of a movie shown in a theatre, which would be a closed venue. This lady's flags are out in the open. Also in that case the S.C. ruled the movie was not obscene. Would the F word be considered obscene?
That's just one, there are plenty of Supreme Court cases on the matter, including one for a drive in theater (aka nudity in movies would be in public view).

Actually no, according to the supreme court obscenity is not protected by the first amendment.
See Miller v California.
This doesn't fall into the obscene category though as defined by the miller test which has three parts:
  • Whether "the average person, applying contemporary community standards", would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest,
  • Whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct or excretory functions specifically defined by applicable state law,
  • Whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
The work is considered obscene only if all three conditions are satisfied.

Using the f-word towards a political figure does not satisfy the test.

"Ms. Dick, 54, said she acquired the banners — which are available from Amazon and other retailers — earlier this year, but did not hang them on the home in Roselle Park where she lives with her mother

no surprise there. that Trump economy and all of those jobs must have treated her well.

Good.

God Emperor President Good Guy Joe Daddy Biden deserves the proper respect.

If you don't like our Dear Leader you can leave the country.

Will you say that on the hailmary chance Donny Moscow is reelected or one of his stooges?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3305830/judge-orders-new-jersey-woman-remove-biden-flags-fines/
I am a free speech proponent for individuals but this one is tricky.
I have 2 kids and would hate to be this smooth brained ladies neighbor. She makes your neighborhood look like the Clampetts from Beverly Hillbillies, which effects values. I would not care about a normal Trump sign but the F word I would have a problem with.
What’s to stop people putting up flags of nudes. She needs to quit being stubborn and put the flag in her garage. She can still show it off to her fellow smooth brains and keep the profanity to her self. Eventually the fines get too high and the city takes your home. Happened here locally but that was a dude turned his front yard into a junk yard claiming it was art.

If I was her I would not take it down and not pay it. Reach out to all Right Wing networks and start a gofundme, she will get tons of $$$ from the Trump/GOP block.

I could even see them inviting her on Fox News if she is lucky it gets tied up in Courts and goes to the Supreme Court! Lol

Back