• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime NJ lady fined $250 a day for F Biden flag

44nutman

The Original Nut of Sherdog
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3305830/judge-orders-new-jersey-woman-remove-biden-flags-fines/
I am a free speech proponent for individuals but this one is tricky.
I have 2 kids and would hate to be this smooth brained ladies neighbor. She makes your neighborhood look like the Clampetts from Beverly Hillbillies, which effects values. I would not care about a normal Trump sign but the F word I would have a problem with.
What’s to stop people putting up flags of nudes. She needs to quit being stubborn and put the flag in her garage. She can still show it off to her fellow smooth brains and keep the profanity to her self. Eventually the fines get too high and the city takes your home. Happened here locally but that was a dude turned his front yard into a junk yard claiming it was art.

Free speech is tough when considering exposure to kids. I hate going down to HB and seeing the pro lifers with giant posters of murdered fetuses and the dildo weilders and ass chaps at LGBT parades when young kids are around.

Kids have been exposed to so much profanity with the chants and “protests” the last four years that they are desesentized.

With that said, the sign is stupid and pathetic. Shows the sad state of TDS and BDS…

Unjust laws were meant to be broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck Biden! Yay Cheese!

She's obviously violating some public obscenity law. Pretty sure you can't just hang any old profanity laced flag on your property. No different than if you hung a sign that read "Suck my balls, fuckheads!" on your property. You gonna get a visit from the town. Trust me...

“One man’s vulgarity is another’s lyric.” Profanity is never guaranteed free speech according to US courts.

Absurd is right. Should could have been so much more creative but she has a lot of mental obstacles to overcome from what she put up on her fence.

Free speech is tough when considering exposure to kids. I hate going down to HB and seeing the pro lifers with giant posters of murdered fetuses and the dildo weilders and ass chaps at LGBT parades when young kids are around.

Kids have been exposed to so much profanity with the chants and “protests” the last four years that they are desesentized.

With that said, the sign is stupid and pathetic. Shows the sad state of TDS and BDS…
I think it's weird to have any kind of political flags or stickers. Extremely weird when people actually LIKE the government. Shows how retarded a lot of people are.

"Free speech is cool unless kids see it then you have to be more careful"

That has to be the most absurd line of reasoning I've ever heard in my life.

Now if the homeowners association has rules against such displays, regardless of political affiliation, then the fine is just.

Profanity has total protection under the First Amendment, unless it constitutes a clear and direct threat or call to violence (not a make-believe one) - which this does not. A municipal law can be written that overrides this, but I don't know if it would stand court challenge.

The flag is clearly constitution, but these tyrants just do whatever they want.

Has there been a case where the 1st amendment has protected a property owner's right to publicly display obscene words or images ?

I didn't know you were OC Local. We can catch a beer Downtown sometime. Did you know Rockin Fig died yesterday? =( RIP Ricky... I bought my first performance board from him back in the 1990's.

The Pro-Lifers at the pier... I've never noticed their signs, but then again I never really cared, so didn't look. That sucks when they go to the grotesque or get super inflammatory. If that is how you have to make your point, then you are not good at it.

I don't like this nutter woman having F-Bomb signs. She sucks as a human, but unless there is a profanity ordinance that has been deemed constitutional, she likely gets away with it.

Last edited:
It’s easy to to figure out which posters don’t have kids.

I have kids. I don't understand the profanity issue. Are we seriously pretending that protecting our kids from bad words does anything? Nudity and things like that I get but bad words just never made sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back