Nitric Oxide

How many grams of NO a day are necessary for results?

so in a nutshell what this thread is telling me.. is if i buy Wal*Mart Nitric Oxide for $16--something called NOS that i'll be able to increase my bench by 100lbs in 1 month?? :eek:

lol :D

I bought a bottle of NO2 and the book "i like to read up on what im putting in my body" took it religiously took the pills when it said to how it said to. Ate perfect drank as much water as it said. after 3 weeks of taking it "how much you get in the bottle" i got zipo zero results ive felt more results eating flinstones vitamins. So I try to take them back to GNC and bitch they tell me there isent shit they can do about it so I call the company and they try to tell me some bullshit about when I was taking my protein shakes was effecting it. so in the end I got screwed out of 80 bucks and a bum product.

Personalyl i am a suppliment whore, i have taken most every kind of legal substance excluding PH. No2 is neat because it makes you appear bigger but is pretty much a hemodilator that makes your blood vessles dilate allowing blood to freely move into the muscle... Honesly its mainly L-Arginine and has some legitimate uses in recovery but its usually just cosmetic. your best bet is to get a creatine mix that has arginine and glutamine in it already.

Guys be careful with this shit, I used to take creatine, No and taurine and now my heart has some serious shit goin on with it, I'm pretty sure it was the taurine but anything fairly new like this stuff you gotta be very careful with

supersudo said:
so in a nutshell what this thread is telling me.. is if i buy Wal*Mart Nitric Oxide for $16--something called NOS that i'll be able to increase my bench by 100lbs in 1 month?? :eek:

lol :D
Well, I did anyway. I didn't see the dramatic gains in strength until I cycled onto NoXplode to replace the Mass Cycle/ NOS stack, but I was seeing a bit of cosmetic difference.

Terumo said:
Alright everyone, pull out your human biochemistry textbook and follow along! In other words, if you hate opinions that are largely derived from scientific literature, just skip this post. You'll just end up flaming me, and I'm too delicate to handle that. *smirk*

The main premise behind using NO-stimulators is based upon boosting blood-arginine levels (from either L-arginine or arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate) which will, in turn, boost blood-NO levels. Considering ARG is a substrate for NO, this is somewhat plausible. NO will then, supposedly, act as a vasodilator, increasing blood flow and nutrient delivery to muscle cells. Reasonable, right?

Unfortunately, there is simply too much evidence to go against this idea. It can actually be refuted in a single statement: The concentration of baseline arginine that exists in the bloodstream is far, far greater than the maximum amount that can converted into nitric oxide. Rather, human biochemical response dictates that instead of converting ARG to NO until equilibrium is reached, a catalyst is required in order to signal this reaction to take place. In other words, we have a huge bank of serum arginine in circulation; boosting NO levels results from signaling the ARG --> NO reaction to take place. Boosting blood-ARG levels is futile, as we have plenty of that substrate without additional supplementation.

However, when you examine the destiny of ARG in the body, you see that ARG is a potent insulin secretagogue. Likewise, insulin is a potent promoter of temporary NO conversion, and thus a vasodilator. So... the insulin response associated with ARG-based products is what causes the NO boost, not the actual ARG substrate. In fact, a study conducted at Penn State showed that blocking receptors on the pancreas (and hence, stifling insulin secretion) reduced NO increases by about 80% following ARG supplementation. A subsequent study from 1999 demonstrated that glycogen replenishment in a semi-fasted, post-workout scenario was accomplished 3x faster with a whole-protein/carbohydrate combination than with an ARG/carbohydrate combination.

Beyond this, it is well known that amino uptake is somewhat ineffecient in administration of single amino acids. Amino acids seem to rely on the prescence of others for effective uptake. The free amino acid pool generally operates with a degree of homeostasis. Ingesting megadoses of a single amino acid will shatter this equilibrium, thus forcing expulsion. It is far more effective to raise insulin levels with a combination of carbohydrates and whole-protein than by carbohydrates and a single amino.

So, by this evidence, NO-boosting supplements are somewhat effective, even though they work by a mechanism other than what is claimed. There is much more effectiveness (particularly, cost effectiveness) in implementing a solid post-workout carb/protein combination. NO-boosting agents simply work by manipulating insulin flux. This can be done, quite easily, by dietary methods. By this standard, I find it simply foolish to invest so much money into an inefficient secretagogue. It is comparable to using a saline IV as a hydration source. Sure, it works, but there is a much easier, cheaper way to get water. So yes, it works, but very, very inefficiently.

Wanna sum this up in plain englsih for me please lol

d.santucci said:
Wanna sum this up in plain englsih for me please lol

If you aren't interested in explanation or rationale, just read the final paragraph.

Ninjashoes said:
Guys be careful with this shit, I used to take creatine, No and taurine and now my heart has some serious shit goin on with it, I'm pretty sure it was the taurine but anything fairly new like this stuff you gotta be very careful with

what kinda problems did you have. just wandering cos i take no2 and also take creatine.

oh and another thing. have any of you guys had any problems with going out drinking whilst on no2. just curious

I took NO2. I did everything the bottle said to do plus I baught a $20 book that teaches you everything you need to know about NO2.
I didnt notice any results from taking it and IMO it is a horrible waste of $100.

Threads like this are another reason I love Sherdog. I'm not too big on supps and all I use is whey protein, creatine, multivitamin, and salmon oil capsules. I was thinking about trying NO2 just to see what all the fuss was about, but it sounds like a complete waste of money.

Sucks that some of you guys got ripped off, but I appreciate the warning.

SIZZLE CHEST said:
My workout partner and myself have been working out together for years and as far as chest goes, he's NEVER been stronger than me. He started taking noxplode. After a month on it, he completely out lifted me in chest workouts. So i got curious (and pissed) so i've been taking it for about 3 weeks. He's on an off cycle. I went from, as an example, not being able to bench 225 on my last set 2 times to being able to do it 8 times in a matter of 2 weeks only doing chest once a week. I have noticed mentally that i've gone from giving up on last reps to doing everything in my power to finish it WITH negatives. I really do get stronger mentally and endurance wise as my workout goes on. Placebo effect? Maybe, maybe not but even if it is, It's still worth the money for me. If this is what it takes for me to mentally tough out my workouts than so be it.
O.k., after a month on this, my arms have grown a half an inch. I bought another bottle and after i finish it i will measure again. Mind you, i don't take anything else including protein just my regular diet. I'm sold on this stuff, it definetly works for me.

finnegan said:
If that was a placebo effect, then I'll placebo myself invisible, right after I placebo myself a millionaire and placebo myself beneath a pile of redheads that lactate Guinness from one breast and Muscle Milk from the other.

Now that would be something to write home about!

i honestly haven't seen a suppliment work so quickly its great.

Back