nitric oxide,protein,creatine,glutamine Q's

hitmanrva1

Black Belt
Reaction score
1st off can u use all these together and how can i use them together(please state gram amounts for best results daily)

2. im VERY acne prone ...any little thing makes me breakout....and its mostly hormonal....would any of these supplements make me break out?

Yeah, you can take them. Just standard doses:

NO Booster: 3-10g (might as well follow directions)
Protein: Depends on bodyweight
Creatine: 5g
Glutamine: 5-10g postworkout

hitmanrva1 said:
1st off can u use all these together and how can i use them together(please state gram amounts for best results daily)

2. im VERY acne prone ...any little thing makes me breakout....and its mostly hormonal....would any of these supplements make me break out?

hey, i'm exactly the same way.. however, creatine might give u acne since it "dehydrates" u.. just drink TONS of water.. plus anything with a lotta sugar or simple carbs will increase break-outs as well... just take ur vitamins (make sure u have a good one) daily and ur fish oil, and you'll see less acne.. it worked for me! :wink:

I heard ZMA causes breakouts, you might want to stay away from that.

I took this product call body octane from man nutrition and it made my endurance go through the roof, you should give it a shot.

Madmick said:
Yeah, you can take them. Just standard doses:

NO Booster: 3-10g (might as well follow directions)
Protein: Depends on bodyweight
Creatine: 5g
Glutamine: 5-10g postworkout

once again, mick is right.
protein: most ppl say 1g per lb/body weight. more if your trying to biuld alot of muscle, i take 2.5-3 g per lb. take when you wake, before you workout, after, and any other time during the day, take casein at night if you can.

Most studies I have seen say that sugar and greasy foods do not increase acne. ZMA most likely not increase testosterone at all, assuming you are not over 35-40 and do not have some major zinc defiencies, so no acne problem there.

Creatine will most likely not affect acne either. It dehydrates you VERY little (water is 8lbs a gallona and most people gain only a few lbs which is very little water). Even if you were dehydrated it might help as in drying out your skin so it isn't as oily.

My only contribution is to let you know it shoudln't increase acne at all. Madmick brought up a few good points on the supp part.

Rjkd12 said:
Most studies I have seen say that sugar and greasy foods do not increase acne. ZMA most likely not increase testosterone at all, assuming you are not over 35-40 and do not have some major zinc defiencies, so no acne problem there.

Creatine will most likely not affect acne either. It dehydrates you VERY little (water is 8lbs a gallona and most people gain only a few lbs which is very little water). Even if you were dehydrated it might help as in drying out your skin so it isn't as oily.

My only contribution is to let you know it shoudln't increase acne at all. Madmick brought up a few good points on the supp part.

studies schmudies.. i go by how *my* face reacts.. i take weight gain powder, i break out hardcore.. main ingredient in weight gain powder=dextrose or maltodextrin and fructose... greasy foods cause increased free-radicals.. and free-radicals cause me lots of acne.. i went on a 3 month non-junk food diet refraining from anything remotely sugary and ate nothing but brown rice, chicken and veggies (and my vitamins/fish oil/anti-oxidants) and my acne is gone.. (i just need to get rid of the scars now.. :redface: )

advertising like proactiv say there isn't any scientific evidence that says chocolate and greasy foods 'directly' affect acne, bcuz they want u to eat it so u can buy more proactiv.. (just my assumption :wink: ) just like how gatorade puts more sodium in their drinks to make u drink more.. where in reality it "may not" affect it "directly" but it definitely affects it INdirectly..

and ZMA (i buy em separate to save $$) is helpful for acne bcuz Zinc and Magnesium play a HUGE role in regulating the things related to acne.. just remember to take ur vitamins and fish oil.. :wink:

o yeh.. and greens powders will help A LOT as well.. what i do to counteract the sugar in weight gainers (cuz i'm a hard gainer) is i mix it with my greens powder and only take half or 1/4 the serving..

the bottom line is results (with or without studies).. and this is what works for me.. :wink:

supersudo said:
studies schmudies.. i go by how *my* face reacts.. i take weight gain powder, i break out hardcore.. main ingredient in weight gain powder=dextrose or maltodextrin and fructose... greasy foods cause increased free-radicals.. and free-radicals cause me lots of acne.. i went on a 3 month non-junk food diet refraining from anything remotely sugary and ate nothing but brown rice, chicken and veggies (and my vitamins/fish oil/anti-oxidants) and my acne is gone.. (i just need to get rid of the scars now.. :redface: )

advertising like proactiv say there isn't any scientific evidence that says chocolate and greasy foods 'directly' affect acne, bcuz they want u to eat it so u can buy more proactiv.. (just my assumption :wink: ) just like how gatorade puts more sodium in their drinks to make u drink more.. where in reality it "may not" affect it "directly" but it definitely affects it INdirectly..

and ZMA (i buy em separate to save $$) is helpful for acne bcuz Zinc and Magnesium play a HUGE role in regulating the things related to acne.. just remember to take ur vitamins and fish oil.. :wink:

Are you sure it's not because you're getting the grease in your pores?

Also, how do Mg and Zn relate to acne?

I know nothing about this, of my three brothers, I was the only one blessed with a clear face. I could almost count the number of pimples I got in high school. Lucky me, I guess, I don't know what I did different.

Madmick said:
Are you sure it's not because you're getting the grease in your pores?

HAHAHAHAH LMAO! That is great man. This is some high quality stuff.

Superpluto, I am just stating that studies where they took people and had them eat different amounts of grease and or sugar and compared breakouts to people who were on different diets. These studies didn't corrilate breakouts with greasy foods or sugary foods. Now, I"m not saying to eat greasy and sugary foods all the time.

Do what works for you. There is science and there is results, which I call "proof in the pudding." If you break out from eating big macs, don't eat big macs. Nobody can tell you that big macs do not cause you acne. Whether its the grease being injested, you rubbing your face after touching the burgers, the envoirnment at BK, or the fact you always forget to wash your face when you eat at BK. Whatever the reason is, eating big macs may give you acne, so simple common sense says you shouldn't eat them.

Life is to uncontrolled, and the mind is too powerful to take science as gospel of how to live your life.

Rjkd12 said:
HAHAHAHAH LMAO! That is great man. This is some high quality stuff.

Superpluto, I am just stating that studies where they took people and had them eat different amounts of grease and or sugar and compared breakouts to people who were on different diets. These studies didn't corrilate breakouts with greasy foods or sugary foods. Now, I"m not saying to eat greasy and sugary foods all the time.

Do what works for you. There is science and there is results, which I call "proof in the pudding." If you break out from eating big macs, don't eat big macs. Nobody can tell you that big macs do not cause you acne. Whether its the grease being injested, you rubbing your face after touching the burgers, the envoirnment at BK, or the fact you always forget to wash your face when you eat at BK. Whatever the reason is, eating big macs may give you acne, so simple common sense says you shouldn't eat them.

Life is to uncontrolled, and the mind is too powerful to take science as gospel of how to live your life.

this is basically what i stated in my post :rolleyes:

but anyway.. zinc regulates the amounts of vitamin A and E in ur blood (both also crucial in preventing acne).. it's also boosts the immune system (to fight acne) and is essential for skin repair and collagen formation.. it also regulates ur skins oil glands..

magnesium is important bcuz most americans are most likely deficient if they drink a lot of soda or carbonated beverages.. 1mg of phosporus destroys 1mg of magnesium in ur body (a typical can of soda has probably 20-30mg of phosphorus) and magnesium is needed in over 300 enzymatic reactions in ur body.. it also regulates ur body's acid/alkaline balance and it normalizes ur hormones (which if u're deficient, it'll raise testosterone levels--which may explain ppl saying it increases acne.. but won't do anything if u aren't deficient in magnesium)...

Rjkd12 said:
o yeh, and i can see how the studies won't find a correlation.. that's bcuz everybody is different when it comes to acne-tolerance... now if the study studied soley ppl who had previous acne problems or all who has severe acne before.. it'd be a different story.. :wink:

Back