Niklas Backstrom apparently released by the UFC

I agree without a doubt on Sass, I can see why they cut Soriano and Backstrom though, both guys have killer potential though, hopefully they'll be back. Another guy that I kind of always wish was still in the UFC, though I understand why they cut him, is Justin Lawrence, we all always knew he had killer potential, and now he's doing pretty good in Bellator. I also wish Luke Barnatt hadn't of been cut.

Lawrence had the most potential of that season of TUF, but showed tentativeness and a shaky chin later. Just ability wise he's top notch. Barnatt doesn't fall into that category, imo. Rangy guy with a basic understanding of distance, but otherwise rudimentary in all areas. Backstr

This could be a good 2 v 2 tag-team fight, like in the old days of ZST.

I demand the four of you duke it out for my amusement

ashsh.gif

look he was a bottom feeder on euro shows for some local talent...

this way he gets a kick in the ass and a chance to get some quick fights elsewhere get his confidence back and if he deserves it.

another chance in the show.

Eh. I thought he could've gotten another fight. Sore loser though.

Bad cut, he's good. Cut regional level talent instead. Soriano was bad, as well. Young guys with potential. As was Sass.

Still pissed that they cut Sassangle

such nonsense...

Very weird cut considering there are so many other fighters in the UFC that are not only shit but they are also boring. Losing by embarassing KO and then in the second loss showing terrible striking I guess is not a good combination even though his ground game was exciting. He'll probably be back in the UFC in a couple of fights or when the UFC returns to Sweden. Allstar gym really should fire their muay thai coach, both Gus and Backstrom lost after throwing push kicks with their hands by their waist.

Weren't the odds like crazy in his favor when the British guy KTFO him

I didn't like the guy, but he only lost two fights and the last fight could have gone either way. Plus the last fight was really fun. I guess the UFC isn't hurting for Swedish fighters right now.

meh... never much cared for him anyways

He was hyped up for beating Niniimaki when Niniimaki ended up being over-hyped himself.

You can tell how many swedes are in sherdog when they keep making threads of mediocre swedish fighters.

Was never a supporter and didnt see the hype justified. And I just saw that video of him complaining, good bye!!

Well, he can always fall back on playing goalie.

Back