Niklas Backstrom apparently released by the UFC

Think he should hvae gotten another fight, his hype train did die real quick after that KO loss.

But maybe he can work his way back. I would have put him on that Dublin card and if he lost 3 in a row then cut him.

His cockiness along with his losses and his reaction to them were awesome.

Cocky, arrogant, underwhelming, overrated. Maybe he can pick up some skills in the minor leagues.

ihpyuu66pg8zy.gif

Hopefully he takes his delusional fanboys too of about a whole 4 people here.

waving_gif.gif

This post wins.

Can't really complain about the cut but I don't exactly understand why people are taking delight in it either. He fought stupid and got knocked out for it, that's about as much punishment as you could want for him. Hopefully he comes back after he picks up some experience.

tl;dr that's fucked up man

Wasnt impressed with the guy.

That's fucked up, he'll probably be back though he's young

Bad cut, he's good. Cut regional level talent instead. Soriano was bad, as well. Young guys with potential. As was Sass.

I agree without a doubt on Sass, I can see why they cut Soriano and Backstrom though, both guys have killer potential though, hopefully they'll be back. Another guy that I kind of always wish was still in the UFC, though I understand why they cut him, is Justin Lawrence, we all always knew he had killer potential, and now he's doing pretty good in Bellator. I also wish Luke Barnatt hadn't of been cut.

Damn I guess being one of Gus and Makwan's boys isn't enough to keep a roster spot.

He'll probably pick up some wins on the regionals and get signed again. Or just going straight to Bellator.

I thought he was arrogant and had a bad attitude, but he had talent and I'm surprised they cut him. I guess they've moved the focus away from developing the Swedish market.

He looked really bad in his last fight, everyone in the pbp kept saying both should be cut

Another fight like his last would hurt Swedish MMA more than help

Back