Nike made a weightlifting shoe for the olympics.

My Do-Wins have held up 100%. Our gym has a bunch of "loaner" pairs many years old and they are no worse for the wear.

I'm bumping this 2 year old thread to let everyone know that Romaleos are now available at Rogue Fitness at the exorbitant price of $190

Rogue Fitness

nike_vert.jpg

(Only available in that color)

The price can partly be explained by the exclusivity and scarcity. Nike only made a limited batch in 08 during the Olympics and they were impossible to find several months after their release. I looked for some myself and couldn't find a pair. Ended up going with the Rogue Do-Wins (my third choice after Ironwork IIs and Nike Romaleos, which were both out-of-stock).

Hope this helps somebody.

Turbozed, while expensive, I believe the price is right in line with the Adistars.

Turbozed, while expensive, I believe the price is right in line with the Adistars.

I think the Romaleos were either 139.99 or 149.99 when they came out, so that's the price I was comparing these new releases to. In any case, people should expect WL shoes to be expensive since it's a niche product.

If they came in the red color and I didn't have my Rogue Do-Wins, I'd get a pair in an instant.

I think the Romaleos were either 139.99 or 149.99 when they came out, so that's the price I was comparing these new releases to. In any case, people should expect WL shoes to be expensive since it's a niche product.

If they came in the red color and I didn't have my Rogue Do-Wins, I'd get a pair in an instant.

They released the Romaleos a week after I got my Do-Wins...Lol.

They released the Romaleos a week after I got my Do-Wins...Lol.

I'm pretty happy with my Do-Wins but they were definitely a consolation prize after failing to score a pair of Romaleos or Ironwork IIs.

I especially wanted the ones below. The gaudy colors and design really captures the essence of a powerful, monolithic, totalitarian state IMO. I'd also instantly gain +10 lbs in my C&J too, I bet.

attachment.php

I really like by Ironwork IIs, but now I wish my shoes were red with a communist star. Or a hammer and sickle. And somehow I think drawing it on would quite have the same effect.

They only have size 7 and 7.5 listed, whats up with that? If they sold a 10 or something I would be interested in a pair in a few weeks.

They only have size 7 and 7.5 listed, whats up with that? If they sold a 10 or something I would be interested in a pair in a few weeks.

Damn, you're right.

When I checked a couple of days ago, they had all sizes from 7 to 10 US. I guess these things are selling (or have sold) like hotcakes.

Now I'm wishing I had bought a pair.

10? That's borderline child sizes right there :D

Well I'm a towering 5'10" :)
My runners are 10's and they are a bit small, I'd probably be better off with a 10.5. I think that takes me out of the kid range.

P.S. I just ordered a pair a couple days ago, will post a review once I have actually had a bit of time to use them. This'll be my first weight lifting shoe; I just couldn't bring myself to wear some of the less appealing shoes out there, and Adidas are too narrow. Taste that transaction visa card.

Back