Nick needs to stay at 170 and Nate needs to be at 155

I love Nick but he should stay retired he's done. He looked old and slow in there tonight.

I've never seen anyone quit like that though.
yeah it was strange, he did look gassed though, he looked gassed after round 2, and at first i thought he was grabbing his knee, then i heard someone say his nose is broken, and some say he just quit, so either way its not a good look, but he seemed more mad about the match up then anything.

yeah it was strange, he did look gassed though, he looked gassed after round 2, and at first i thought he was grabbing his knee, then i heard someone say his nose is broken, and some say he just quit, so either way its not a good look, but he seemed more mad about the match up then anything.

its not strange dude...

he was there to get a paycheck

realized at some point he wasn't gonna win and decided he took enough damage.

As a Diaz fan why would you want to see him fight again? That was sad. The man didn’t even look like an athlete. Very hard to watch.
Yeah i mean their fights are always exciting so its not like im going to get a boring 5 round UD, and im sure if he doesnt take too much time off, and gets in shape to make 170 he would look better out there vs another fun match up that isnt vs the top guy in the world. Im not trying to say hes going to compete for the belt, but i think there can be some fun match ups for him still, its not like hes 40+, hes got a few years imo if he takes it a bit more serious.

its not strange dude...

he was there to get a paycheck

realized at some point he wasn't gonna win and decided he took enough damage.
probably, i mean he looked fatISH out there and really bulky at that weight and just odd, but again, hes 6 years away from the sport, im not really sure what some people expected, he won round 1, so its not like he got destroyed out there, he probably just gassed out, looked like he slowed down a lot and got cracked on the nose which some said its broken, so if he has a broken nose and didnt want to fight with it cuz he knew he was gona get hit 300 more times i can understand that point, but even if its not broken and he just quit cuz he was gassed and was going to lose anyways, i think giving a guy a pass after 6 years isnt the most egregious thing in the world.

Yeah i mean their fights are always exciting so its not like im going to get a boring 5 round UD, and im sure if he doesnt take too much time off, and gets in shape to make 170 he would look better out there vs another fun match up that isnt vs the top guy in the world. Im not trying to say hes going to compete for the belt, but i think there can be some fun match ups for him still, its not like hes 40+, hes got a few years imo if he takes it a bit more serious.

His performance just really worried me. There’s a lot of things I can look past, looking like you’ve never been an athlete a day in your life when your a legend of the sport? That scares me.

Really don’t want to see him get killed in there.

Nick Diaz wasn't serious about fighting tonight. I don't know what that means for tomorrow, but he just showed up for the paycheck tonight.

His performance just really worried me. There’s a lot of things I can look past, looking like you’ve never been an athlete a day in your life when your a legend of the sport? That scares me.

Really don’t want to see him get killed in there.
lets be honest, neither one of the Diaz bros are the best athletes, like they had cardio in their prime/younger day's but aside from that its not like they were going to win a long jump competition or have a 6 pack of abs and are super shredded dancing in and out with strikes, they were more zombie like throwing punches in bunches that were weaker strikes mixed in with some power shots with almost no leg kicks and thats pretty much what we saw tonight, just in a much worse version. With that said, Nick did win the 1st round and threw like 100+ strikes, its not like he got killed out there like some people make it out to be.

Honestly, he looked like an aging fighter not being in the sport for 6 years and having trouble making weight, he looked just like that. He was pretty accurate, he landed some shots, won a round, but gassed out and lost, ive seen a lot worse tbh.

But why? I agree with everything you said in your post, but why did he look like that? Did he just not train or you think he was concussed in camp?

If he had covid, or an injury, who knows, only he could go public with it.

Either way, he didn't look like he had a fight camp and he was probably 195lbs in there or more.

Both these guys fighting at higher weight classes doesnt look good. Nate at LW always looked much better and chubby Nick looked like he gassed out after 2 rounds..... That extra weight doesnt really help Nick, hes not a muscular guy and he doenst throw with big power so he just carries extra weight for no reason.

Just like a prime example of how 2 fighters fighting above their weight doesnt always work out, obv Nick requesting to fight at that weight for what ever reason, still doesnt make it the right weight for him, hopefully if he fights again this time he can make 170 because otherwise its not going to get much better for him.
Nick needs to stay away and Nate needs to go to bellator where he'd be a solid 5-10 guy

Nick needs to stay away and Nate needs to go to bellator where he'd be a solid 5-10 guy
im willing to see Nick 1 more time as long as its not followed by a long layoff, i think if he can put in the work to make 170 and have proper cardio he can make 3 rounds work.

“Some say” he quit?

He did quit. That’s not debatable.

im willing to see Nick 1 more time as long as its not followed by a long layoff, i think if he can put in the work to make 170 and have proper cardio he can make 3 rounds work.
I hope you're right! The guy is fun to watch

lets be honest, neither one of the Diaz bros are the best athletes, like they had cardio in their prime/younger day's but aside from that its not like they were going to win a long jump competition or have a 6 pack of abs and are super shredded dancing in and out with strikes, they were more zombie like throwing punches in bunches that were weaker strikes mixed in with some power shots with almost no leg kicks and thats pretty much what we saw tonight, just in a much worse version. With that said, Nick did win the 1st round and threw like 100+ strikes, its not like he got killed out there like some people make it out to be.

Honestly, he looked like an aging fighter not being in the sport for 6 years and having trouble making weight, he looked just like that. He was pretty accurate, he landed some shots, won a round, but gassed out and lost, ive seen a lot worse tbh.

To me, he didn’t get killed because he’s fighting another guy that needs to call it a career. Nick shouldn’t be in there with anyone else. He looked iceman in the third fight with Ortiz level of slow and unathletic

Nick needs to retire and Nate needs the 3rd Conor fight to get that big payday then retire.

“Some say” he quit?

He did quit. That’s not debatable.
it depends, at first he looked like he was grabbing his knee before the stoppage so i thought his knee was messed up, then it was stated his nose is broken which gets u finished basically when you get hit on it as Nick has and would have many more times, but ultimately yeah if he was just gassed and quit then yeah, like i said, its not a big issue, i think him losing was to be expected, and IMO i would like to see him fight again and use this fight as a welcome back to MMA type of thing, obv if a guy cant make his weight he isnt in good shape, and he looked bulky out there which didnt help.

To me, he didn’t get killed because he’s fighting another guy that needs to call it a career. Nick shouldn’t be in there with anyone else. He looked iceman in the third fight with Ortiz level of slow and unathletic
yeah agreed, but lets not act like Nick got blown out of the water, that only happened when he was gassed, which isnt a normal thing when it comes to Diaz brothers. I would like to see him in better shape and see how he looks then, im shocked how ppl arent giving him a pass at all for not being active in 6 years... kinda wild to me, what did u all expect? Hes 38 and hasnt fought in 6 years, this outcome couldnt have been too far from realistic expectations.

Nick looked terrible in there

and I swear he never had that much trouble stammering and trying to tie together a sentence in his career, he got paid, go back to retirement before getting hurt.

it depends, at first he looked like he was grabbing his knee before the stoppage so i thought his knee was messed up, then it was stated his nose is broken which gets u finished basically when you get hit on it as Nick has and would have many more times, but ultimately yeah if he was just gassed and quit then yeah, like i said, its not a big issue, i think him losing was to be expected, and IMO i would like to see him fight again and use this fight as a welcome back to MMA type of thing, obv if a guy cant make his weight he isnt in good shape, and he looked bulky out there which didnt help.

It doesn’t depend.

He went down from a punch, Lawler told him to stand up and fight him like a man, Diaz stayed down, the ref tried to stand him up and he refused to do so.

There isn’t a more clear case of quitting in any combat sports fight ever.

Perhaps Roberto Duran saying “No Mas”.

Back