Nick needs to stay at 170 and Nate needs to be at 155

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both these guys fighting at higher weight classes doesnt look good. Nate at LW always looked much better and chubby Nick looked like he gassed out after 2 rounds..... That extra weight doesnt really help Nick, hes not a muscular guy and he doenst throw with big power so he just carries extra weight for no reason.

Just like a prime example of how 2 fighters fighting above their weight doesnt always work out, obv Nick requesting to fight at that weight for what ever reason, still doesnt make it the right weight for him, hopefully if he fights again this time he can make 170 because otherwise its not going to get much better for him.

Nick needs to stay away from any kind of combat.

I’m trying to think of a quit job more embarrassing.

Nick would get murked by anyone in the top 20 at this point. Sad to say but it's the truth. He is done

Nates about to go chill in retirement until Dana comes knocking with another big check offer.
probably but im just saying incase they fight again, and i know that probably neither of them give a shit about any rankings or anything like that, but just in general, Nate has never looked good at 170, hes a skinny chicken leg fighter who is just tall and therefor looks bigger then most 155ers, but just looking at how lethargic they look at these weights its so clear that its not for them, maybe at this age, but man, those fights at 155 and 170 just seem more exciting because of the difference in performances from the Diaz bros.

Nick would get murked by anyone in the top 20 at this point. Sad to say but it's the truth. He is done
you are probably right, but lets also give Nick a tiny bit of a pass cuz its been 6 freaking years lol... yeah he looked slow, and out of shape, he gassed after 2 rounds pretty much, but 6 years is a long time and carrying extra weight isnt going to help his speed or cardio.

hes 38, at this modern age thats like a couple years past your prime, Anderson was still a beast around this age and is boxing ppl currently, if not for that leg injury he probably would of kept going in the UFC.

At this point i think there are fun fights the Diaz bro's can have, but if possible from them i really hope they could try to attempt making their normal weights 155 and 170, i think they would perform much better at those weights.

Nick needs to move to retirement not 170 the guy was fighting like he was in his sleep, he didn’t choose to fight at 185 he could not make 170 that’s the truth.

you are probably right, but lets also give Nick a tiny bit of a pass cuz its been 6 freaking years lol... yeah he looked slow, and out of shape, he gassed after 2 rounds pretty much, but 6 years is a long time and carrying extra weight isnt going to help his speed or cardio.

hes 38, at this modern age thats like a couple years past your prime, Anderson was still a beast around this age and is boxing ppl currently, if not for that leg injury he probably would of kept going in the UFC.

At this point i think there are fun fights the Diaz bro's can have, but if possible from them i really hope they could try to attempt making their normal weights 155 and 170, i think they would perform much better at those weights.

I don't want to see a guy fight who once had unbreakable heart and now simply quits because he's gassed

I don't want to see a guy fight who once had unbreakable heart and now simply quits because he's gassed
yeah i mean it sucked especially if you are a Diaz fanboy like me, but after 6 years il give him a pass, we will see if he takes another fighter and how fast he takes it, but yeah it is what it is, at this point its just fun fights so hopefully we can find some more fun match ups for both of them.

Nick should retire, Nate should fight Tony and Conor at 170lbs and then retire.

yeah i mean it sucked especially if you are a Diaz fanboy like me, but after 6 years il give him a pass, we will see if he takes another fighter and how fast he takes it, but yeah it is what it is, at this point its just fun fights so hopefully we can find some more fun match ups for both of them.

I've never seen anyone quit like that though.

As a Diaz fan why would you want to see him fight again? That was sad. The man didn’t even look like an athlete. Very hard to watch.

Nick fought a near retirement welterweight and tapped to strikes from an uneventful knockdown.

I'd guess Nick was 195lbs+ in there, with his belly hanging over his shorts. He clearly had a serious water cut to make 185.5lbs.

This was arguably the worst shape fighter I've seen enter the Octagon, certainly one of them.

Nick looked like an old man fighting from instinct in there.

Nick fought a near retirement welterweight and tapped to strikes from an uneventful knockdown.

I'd guess Nick was 195lbs+ in there, with his belly hanging over his shorts. He clearly had a serious water cut to make 185.5lbs.

This was arguably the worst shape fighter I've seen enter the Octagon, certainly one of them.

But why? I agree with everything you said in your post, but why did he look like that? Did he just not train or you think he was concussed in camp?

Why would anyone who claims to be a fan of Nick want to see him fight again after what we just saw and heard post fight?

you're really asking a 38yo dude who hasn't competed professionally in 6 years, not on PEDs, to cut another 15lbs of weight?

if you want to see Nick Diaz swang and bang like the "old days" the only way is to put him on the roids.

Nick needs to stay at home .. usman colby would put diaz in a stretcher

Back