Nick needs to stay at 170 and Nate needs to be at 155

yeah i mean it sucked especially if you are a Diaz fanboy like me, but after 6 years il give him a pass, we will see if he takes another fighter and how fast he takes it, but yeah it is what it is, at this point its just fun fights so hopefully we can find some more fun match ups for both of them.

If you were really a fan you'd want him to retire. He clearly has mental issues and more blows to the head generally don't help that. Also, he doesn't like fighting.

yeah agreed, but lets not act like Nick got blown out of the water, that only happened when he was gassed, which isnt a normal thing when it comes to Diaz brothers. I would like to see him in better shape and see how he looks then, im shocked how ppl arent giving him a pass at all for not being active in 6 years... kinda wild to me, what did u all expect? Hes 38 and hasnt fought in 6 years, this outcome couldnt have been too far from realistic expectations.

Im with you. I really didn’t know what to expect. I thought he’d look bad, I’m just still surprised he looked so unathletic and old. He’s not that old. But to me (In my opinion), he looked closer to 50 than 30.

If you were really a fan you'd want him to retire. He clearly has mental issues and more blows to the head generally don't help that. Also, he doesn't like fighting.
i wasnt begging him to fight, why he chose to fight only he knows, but if hes going to do it i only want him to do it right and get in better shape, also i dont think its mental issues, i think its just regular Diaz talk, he seemed unhappy with the match up, i dont think thats too egregious of a thing to be mad about, granted it was obv too late, but if he still wants to fight and comes in shape to make 170, there are match ups for him that arent guys who are top 10 themselves.

Im with you. I really didn’t know what to expect. I thought he’d look bad, I’m just still surprised he looked so unathletic and old. He’s not that old. But to me (In my opinion), he looked closer to 50 than 30.
yeah, i think some of it has to do with him being 38, some of it is rust after 6 years away, and some has to do with it being Diaz, who are never super athletic out there, just kinda walking you down throwing shots, their leg kicks always look horrible lol

It doesn’t depend.

He went down from a punch, Lawler told him to stand up and fight him like a man, Diaz stayed down, the ref tried to stand him up and he refused to do so.

There isn’t a more clear case of quitting in any combat sports fight ever.

Perhaps Roberto Duran saying “No Mas”.

Forest on his back waiving Anderson away after getting knocked down by a slow moving backwards boop to the snoot jab comes to mind.

Nick needs to stay retired. Two of my big MMA predictions proved true tonight: I've been saying for a few years now that if Nick ever returns to the Octagon, he'll look like a senior citizen. I also said Volk outclasses Ortega 2.0 on the feet and can only lose by hail mary submission.

If it turns out he was injured for weeks ( which may have been why he asked for it to be at 185) does that change anything in your eyes? He was ripped a couple of months ago and then he’s in fulls dad bod?

I'm fine with Nick's showing tonight. Came out, showed some scrap for a couple fun rounds, but ultimately decided he was done after taking some damage. Someone in their prime can't do what he did, but Nick's earned the right to. Happy to see some of the Diaz boxing again, but he needs to stay away.

Back