Media Nick Diaz won the 1st round on scorecards, and landed more strikes than Robbie Lawler...

Diaz landed more pittar patter shots that for some reason was counted as significant strikes, on a Lawler who was moving forward and was unaffected by the strikes.

Meanwhile Lawler was moving forward and landing hard on Diaz. And you know that Diaz had had enough given how he gave up after about 2 rounds.

was the better man in the exchanges but then he beat himself

who cares if he edged out a round on the scorecards. he got beat so bad that he quit in the middle of the fight.

Sounds like you're just a hater. It was 1-1 and Robbie was turning it on to win another round.

sounds like you're a typical diaz fan, probably from some ghetto hood. it was 2-0 going into the third, with robbie walking through nick's offense, and hurting nick basically at will.

no, those judges were retarded, or paid off. its good to see that most people feel the same way about those horrendous scorecards though. that was not a close fight before the end.
{<jordan}

yes, that must be it. Judges were paid off. That’s much more likely than you not knowing what you’re talking about…
You should rewatch round 1, and look at it objectively. It was definitely competitive, but Nick won that round. It was Nick who was covering up, blocking, and parrying Robbie’s strikes for the most part. Nick didn’t just outland him, but landed the better (and sometimes harder) shots. Lawler kept moving forward, true, but he was getting tagged a lot doing so. Nick had a lot of great body shots, and body and head combos. As far as whether the fight was close before the end, it depends on what you mean. On 2 of the scorecards it was 1-1 going into the 3rd (which is the correct way to score that fight), but that liver shot in rd 2 hurt Nick badly, and he obviously lost round 2 and was going into round 3 hurt.

{<jordan}

yes, that must be it. Judges were paid off.
oh i see. we have a naive one here. i didn't think there were any of you left. carry on.
You should rewatch round 1, and look at it objectively. It was definitely competitive, but Nick won that round. It was Nick who was covering up, blocking, and parrying Robbie’s strikes for the most part. Nick didn’t just outland him, but landed the better (and sometimes harder) shots. Lawler kept moving forward, true, but he was getting tagged a lot doing so. Nick had a lot of great body shots, and body and head combos. As far as whether the fight was close before the end, it depends on what you mean. On 2 of the scorecards it was 1-1 going into the 3rd (which is the correct way to score that fight), but that liver shot in rd 2 hurt Nick badly, and he obviously lost round 2 and was going into round 3 hurt.
no. nick lost round 1. it was not close. the best i can say for nick is that he was still in the fight at that point. but it was clear he was getting hurt, and he was not hurting robbie at all.

this is the story of literally every diaz fight since strikeforce. he comes in with a bad strategy, loses the fight decisively, and within minutes his fanbase is either arguing that he actually won, or making excused about why he didn't.

He won one round. Doesn’t mean he was winning the fight lol. He was slowing down after the 1st. Also Lawler was a guy who has looked done as a top fighter for years and still did that to Diaz.

Diaz landed more pittar patter shots that for some reason was counted as significant strikes, on a Lawler who was moving forward and was unaffected by the strikes.

Meanwhile Lawler was moving forward and landing hard on Diaz. And you know that Diaz had had enough given how he gave up after about 2 rounds.
This is why Jones beat Reyes

Aren’t these dumb posts reserved for decisions ? I mean even if… he was winning until he lost…

Lawler basically learned a lesson from losing to Nick and other past opponents, and he applied that to his game and became what everyone hoped the Diaz bros would be but were too stuck in their ways. Just like he broke Rory, he did the same to Nick with sheer volume, aggression and pressure - he Nick Diazed Nick Diaz. And when Lawler would get leg kicked or wrestled, rather than complain about how the rules were dumb, how wrestling was stupid, he learned the antidote to them.

Lawler never got the love of Diaz, never made YouTube videos, never got the big push from promotions, was in the gym vs taking bong hits, but he ended up becoming everything Nick Diaz SHOULD have become. He may have lost that first battle, but he won the war, and it is high time he gets half the love the Diaz boys do.

All good, it isn't meant for you then. If you can't read that much I'll just go over your head anyway. Stick to memes.
Dude has AV of Christopher Hitchens, then complains how two paragraphs is too long to read?
nbewvnq89we71.jpg

It doesnt matter.

Cant people just appreciate that we got a good ass fight from two great fighters who are clearly passed their best.

Exactly. People are focusing on the stupidest parts of the whole thing without appreciating the actual fight. It delivered exactly what we hoped for.

So going into third ...1 round each ... and he was "winning" the fight...

How long have you been doing Yoga to stretch and slide your head up your own ass

Paddy-cake punches aren't 'significant strikes.'

And if they're counted as significant strikes, that counter is a joke.

Think about it. Hard over-hand punches that almost KO fighters count just as much as slaps from your 12-year old sister.
bro uve been here way too long to not know what counts as a significant strike.

As someone who is normally pessimistic about the guy that I'm betting on, I felt pretty comfortable with my Lawler bet after Rd 1. I can see the argument that Diaz won the round, but Lawler was not slowing down and definitely throwing the harder shots. Diaz also took a huge break afterwards and definitely didn't have the swagger like he could continue. That showed pretty early in Rd 2.

Back