Nick Diaz way overrated? A look at his record

And Anderson Silva had been cherry picking easy style matchups for years until he ran out of easy fights in the top 10.

If only Anderson had stepped up and fought our next great MW contender, Vitor Belfort.

I've seen several of his old UFC fights and every fight of he joined strikeforce lol

don't try and discredit the messenger

Then write like you did, instead of some mma math bs.

Lots of fighters have had ups and downs in their careers, Lawler himself is one of them.

If Diaz looks like shit in his next fight, then the haters will be right. But he was still himself in his last fights. Arguably beat Condit and was giving GSP problems in the latter rounds even after being smashed to ground for several minutes.

It is so easy to call any fighter overrated and discredit all of their accomplishments and past opponents. Seriously there is a thread like this on so many great fighters, some on most people's pound for pound lists even. Apparently there are no good fighters in the history of mma. Ridiculous!!

Nick Diaz has been and will always be OVERRATED.

But that's not why people watch him and love him.

Only the dumb ass Shertards who shriek "209!" think he's anywhere close to being great.

The majority of this thread is almost laughable.

I don't know how the fight with Anderson will go, but regardless of what happens, Nicks coming to fight and will come out swinging.

Should Nick win or lose, I see him doing very well against either Lawler or Hendricks. He arguably beat Condit (as far as I scored the fight) and was the aggressor throughout although I do admit it was pretty close.

It's funny how elite fighters like Anderson and GSP seem to have so much praise and respect for a fighter and idiots on here do not. It seems like all sherdof fans want are undefeated fighters, this isn't boxing.

itll be amusing to see the stance people hold of Nick if he ends up beating Anderson this month, although everyone's ready with the 'Anderson is already washed up' defence.

Most of us know this already. However, then there are people who know this yet still enjoy his fights. Then there are his delusional fans.

I personally don't really care to see him fight.

Look, unless Belfort, Rockhold, and Jacare all get drugged by Bill Cosby the evening before their respective fights, no one is expecting this to be a title eliminator.

It is so easy to call any fighter overrated and discredit all of their accomplishments and past opponents. Seriously there is a thread like this on so many great fighters, some on most people's pound for pound lists even. Apparently there are no good fighters in the history of mma. Ridiculous!!

THIS. This sport is horrible with the fans loving people one day, and hating them the next

Great threas TS. You forgot to mention the reason that he is so overrated is because his fans have the same level of IQ as he does.

I've always personally thought he was overrated. I never saw what other people see in him. He punches a lot yes, but I don't care for his arm punching style and the shit talking. And when it comes down to it, against the best, he can't hang. He should be afraid of Anderson Silva.

You make good points and i agree he is overrated.

At the same time he can be in exciting fights, and is a good fighter overall.

Didn't bother reading
Diaz KOed Robbie and deserves a title shot

He tries to bring exciting fights and always moves forward. Not a huge fan, but I appreciate his style.

i think he's just exposed as everyone knows his style and he did not evolve

Didn't bother reading
Diaz KOed Robbie and deserves a title shot

Aldo is ducking someone, but it's not Conor.

Azevedo,%20Luciano.png

I like diaz he's an exciting fighter sometimes, his fight with paul daley was awesome.

But the man seems really overrated on here. He is a 1 trick pony- weather the storm and then swarm with punches when the opponent is gassed

Carlos-Condit-talks-about-Nick-Diaz.jpg

PROS:
- good boxing
- great jiu jitsu
- great cardio
- good reach
- good chin
- good dirty boxing/ clinch

CONS:
- no tdd
- no offensive wrestling
- slow starter
- doesn't have 1 punch KO power everyone likes to think he does (melvin guillard, hendricks, daley, those are guys with 1 punch, not diaz)
- predictable
- terrible kicking game (including checking kicks)
- acts like a spoiled brat and is inactive

lets look at some facts

1. offered nothing against GSP & Carlos Condit (both fights were shit but its the truth)
2. hasnt won a fight since 2011,
3. lost to every top 10 he's fought (other than bj penn lol)
4. is 7-6 in the ufc
5. only top 10 fighter he has beat in the last 10 years is bj penn (who is a lightweight for christ sakes cmon people)

his strikeforce/out of ufc win streak

paul daley? sakurai? scott smith? zaromskis? LOL!

all were top 15 at the time (if they even were that is) solely for being the only good WWs outside of the UFC.

HIS OPPONENTS: LOL!:

KJ noons went 1-4 in his next 5 fights after diaz and still hasnt broken the top 10 lol
thomas denny since losing to diaz = 1-4-1
scott smith = 2-4
sakura was on a 2 fight losing streak when he fought diaz, = 2-2 since
evangalista santos was 3-4 in his last 7 when he fought diaz, lost to unranked mein in his next fight, = 1-2 since
zaromskis was ktfo in half the time it took diaz his next fight, is 7-4 since, losing to a bunch of unranked guys! LOL!

his best win is paul daley, who has lost to every top 10 fighter hes faced since kampmann, including losing to a few non-top 10s like misako and yakovlev

And before people say OMG HE KO'd robbie lawler!!!

That fight was nearly 11 years ago

Lets look at how Robbie Lawler was doing 11 years ago

April 2003 - UFC 42 - LOST to Pete Spratt! LOL!
November 2003 - UFC 45 - Beat Chris Lytle (good win)
April 2004 - UFC 47 - LOST to Nick Diaz
October 2005 - UFC 50 - LOST to Evan Tanner! LOL!
September 2006 - ICON sport - LOST to Mayhem Miller

It's been so long since Diaz beat lawler, that:

- Anderson Silva lost in 2004 to Ryo Chonan (wtf)
- Renan Barao lost in 2005 to Jo

Back