Nick Diaz situation - Let's be honest:

dude, you obviously misunderstood the circumstances. "competing in a triathon" is code for having a train run on you & swallowing a bunch of salt water. i will admit, it does indeed make cutting a bitch.

diazfighter.jpg

More than anything I would love to see Diaz hit the weights and come in to a fight at 185 without looking like he hasn't had a meal in a week. I love the guy but he always comes in looking like thinner-Condit.

Do you guys really believe Diaz is being forced to fight at a higher weight class?

It's pretty obvious this is what Diaz wants. He's kind of run out of main-event fights at 170 other than the Condit rematch, and he seems to only be interested in making as much money as possible in the fight game at this point.

Here's a guy who's tough enough to swim from Alcatraz back to mainland... but showing up to a press conference is too stressful and he goes into a mental shutdown.

I really wish he would get some professional help so he can stress his toughness to his all around life.

It's still not too late. We can see a prime Diaz. I've never seen anyone stuff GSP like that, outcardio GSP like that, and out-clinch GSP like that.

I really hope he takes things seriously. Just once. I felt I got cheated in the Diaz VS GSP fight.
I felt that Diaz took it lightly.

Bisping will be fun because of the pre-fight shit talk. But no, Nick should not remain at 185. He'll get brain damage fighting those bigger dudes and let's face it, Nick isn't exactly a Mensa candidate.

Think about it, they'd both be subtitled. It's fantastic!

It's idiotic to suggest that Diaz sould fight at 185. He isn't even an overly large WW, and has never had trouble making weight.

Well, then it is idiotic to suggest that Anderson should fight at 205, by your standards... even though AS has fought at 205 and Diaz has fought at 185. I think he would do fine and I would love to see him against Bisping or Machida. I think I'd like to see him fight Bisping more... just because the pre-fight shit-talking would be AWESOME!

The move at MW might rejuvenate his career.

His chances of becoming a champion at WW is slim, he might fare better at MW.

He's fought at 180. Probably walks around at 190-195lbs. He'd definitely be smaller than Bisping but I still think it would be a good fight.

The move at MW might rejuvenate his career.

His chances of becoming a champion at WW is slim, he might fare better at MW.

As of right now there seem to be fewer wrestlers in MW and the many of the wrestlers that are there will stand and strike.

Diaz could find some good fights for him there. It might never lead to a Championship but he could finish his career without having to grind out so many fights in a fashion he clearly hates.

Would be a good fight, but I won't believe it till I see it. I remember he refused to fight Mayhem at 185, but now we're talking about guys like Bisping and Machida?

I don't think 185 is ideal for him, but Diaz vs Bisping is a competitive matchup. I like it.

will out work the big 200lb'er cutting weight even easier ;)

Or maybe Diaz will get outwrestled. If guys the size of Sherk, Karo and Diego can outgrapple Nick, don't you think MWs (some of whom have also fought at LHW) can do the same? Bisping held his own against Rashad at 205.

He's fought at 180. Probably walks around at 190-195lbs. He'd definitely be smaller than Bisping but I still think it would be a good fight.

That was against Frank Shamrock in Frank's retirement fight. Shamrock didn't cut weight, either. He was smaller than the current UFC MWs.

Wandy will continue to duck, so I say make Diaz/Chael after Chael goes back to MW.

It's idiotic to suggest that Diaz sould fight at 185. He isn't even an overly large WW, and has never had trouble making weight.

Exactly. His frame has plenty of room to put on mass...

...Derp.

Back