Nick Diaz situation - Let's be honest:

The move at MW might rejuvenate his career.

His chances of becoming a champion at WW is slim, he might fare better at MW.

i think dude should just take random fights at 170 and 185 against "standup" fighters. probably be best for him and im a big fan of nick.
but i get this horrible feeling in my stomach when i think about nick having to fight munoz, or boestch, or weidman, or any big 185'er. i wouldn't want to see him get mauled.

Diaz seemed to have a couple catch weight (180 lbs.) in strike force. I could them doing that possibly. I think that's fair

As of right now there seem to be fewer wrestlers in MW and the many of the wrestlers that are there will stand and strike.

Ever head of Weidman, Kennedy, Jacare, Sonnen, Bisping, Munoz or Boestch? Again, Nick used to get outwrestled by LWs, and it's not like he's had an Overeem-type physical transformation. He'll be like the tall, scrawny 8th grader trying to tussle with high school boys.

Ever head of Weidman, Kennedy, Jacare, Sonnen, Bisping, Munoz or Boestch? Again, Nick used to get outwrestled by LWs, and it's not like he's had an Overeem-type physical transformation. He'll be like the tall, scrawny 8th grader trying to tussle with high school boys.

1.) your right nick did get out wrestled by diego and sherk, but against GSP rounds 3-5(especially) Nick showed improved TDD that looked better than i've ever seen him have before. he stuffed a couple GSP takedown attempts. So all im saying is i think Nick's TDD is better than when he was a 19 year old kid fighting sean sherk.
2.) back then Nick use to be to comfortable off his back, something he's admitted and changed his style .
3.) your avatar is wrong. prime fedor> healthy shogun. besides that ...ok ...good job.

i think dude should just take random fights at 170 and 185 against "standup" fighters. probably be best for him and im a big fan of nick.
but i get this horrible feeling in my stomach when i think about nick having to fight munoz, or boestch, or weidman, or any big 185'er. i wouldn't want to see him get mauled.

I would actually give him a shot against Munoz. The dude is lethal once he gets on top, but he's god-awful at actually getting the takedown. On top of that, Munoz doesn't take the best punch. He's been stunned in pretty much every fight.

Many of those guys will stand and strike.

Sonnen is an exception of course but he has also been fighting at LHW recently.

Weidman will strike.
Bisping will strike.
Munoz will strike.
Boestch will strike.

Kenndy and Jacare look for subs and there is no reason Diaz would certainly struggle against guys looking to sub him.

Your point is valid but not clearly showing that Diaz would be wrestled all the time.

Edit; No one is saying that Diaz would be making a run at the belt either. That would put most of the list kind of out of reach for a bit. Bisping is a solid choice here because he would need a good pay day fight upon his return. His shot at getting to see a belt was shelved when his retina got detached.

I see Diaz as a guy looking for a couple of fights here and there to finish out his career while he is still healthy, viable, and marketable. He would not have to fight the whole damn division in order to do that and he could easily be the guy that helps some up and coming talent without smothering them which is something The UFC is looking to eliminate (a la bye bye Okami).

Last edited:
anderson vs diaz would be great. the stand up antics alone would be amazing to watch. anderson by tko.

Diaz has no chance at MW or WW, he knows at WW the wrestlers will get him, if Diaz wants a fight the ufc should give him Alan Belcher.

I would actually give him a shot against Munoz. The dude is lethal once he gets on top, but he's god-awful at actually getting the takedown. On top of that, Munoz doesn't take the best punch. He's been stunned in pretty much every fight.

for me, i wouldn't hate diaz's chances against the munoz that showed up vs weidman. but the munoz that showed up against boestch i'd be scared for nicks health b/c munoz looked beast nasty.
i think in shape munoz is championship material. just made me think i'd love to see munoz vs jacare.

Diaz has no chance at MW or WW, he knows at WW the wrestlers will get him, if Diaz wants a fight the ufc should give him Alan Belcher.

And Alan would fight him.

209 all day everyday.

I don't care if he loses 10 in a row, I just want to see him fight. He's a born entertainer.

I'd rather watch Diaz fight on a 10 fight losing streak than Okami or Mighty Mouse fight on a winning streak.

For the record, Bisping would win of course :(

Diaz will fight at any weight he need to , he will bitch and whine throughout but he will fight nonetheless .

Back